Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I couldn't be happier today with so many pics coming up at the same time! You girls are the best!!! :flower:

I confess I can't take my eyes off those pants..."little Leo" seems so loose and relaxed!! :woot: :nicole:

Tks for articles and pics and tweets!

There are so many things yet to see here...I'm lost with so many nice pics and articles...you live in my heart girls, that's why I say my heart is too big!! :clap::flower:

Leo was at an art auction today.

Emerging Artists Score Records at $79.9 M. Phillips Sale

This evening’s contemporary art auction at Phillips de Pury & Company, the last evening sale of the season, was something of a denouement as auctioneer Simon de Pury hammered down a solid sale that totaled $79.9 million against a presale estimate of $73.6 million to $110.7 million.

After the results last night at Christie’s, whose record-breaking evening sale of postwar and contemporary art brought in $412 million, the sale seemed a bit lackluster at times, though some results at Phillips were undoubtedly impressive. Early on, new auction records were set for Dan Colen and Tauba Auerbach, whose work was purchased for $290,500 with premium by Jose Mugrabi, Rashid Johnson and Sterling Ruby. The Ruby brought $626,500 with premium, selling to art adviser Julie Miyoshi, who bought it on behalf of a client.

Attendees lingered afterward. Dealer Helly Nahmad lectured a small group that included Leonardo DiCaprio before a Basquiat from the sale, looking very much like a docent as he explained the value of words like SAMO, or the image of a crown. “It’s always the question of quality versus real estate,” Mr. Nahmad told the group.

In a post-sale press conference, Phillips’ CEO Michael McGinnis said that despite just beating the low estimate he was “thrilled” with the results. He conceded that there were fewer bids than they might usually expect from such a sale, but there was “a lot of global coverage,” usually desirable for auction houses.

After the sale, Miami-based collector Donald Rubell, known for his prescience in acquiring work by emerging artists, looked past the mediocre prices of the top lots and praised Phillips for what it does best.

“It wasn’t the spectacular nature of last night’s sale,” he said, “but I think younger artists do better here than they do anywhere else.”

“I wish they’d stick to only young artists,” he added, “but I guess it’s very hard to make a living only doing young artists. We need [Phillips], it’s a great incubator. They’re doing a service to all of us, so if they want to sell the expensive stuff, they should sell it. But for cutting-edge artists, they’re the best.”

Read here the whole Playboy Interview with Quentin Tarantino.

Part about Leo and his character Calvin Candie:

PLAYBOY: Leonardo DiCaprio was initially mentioned for the Hans Landa role that won Christoph Waltz an Academy Award in Inglourious Basterds. DiCaprio’s your new villain now.

TARANTINO: Leo and I never actually got together and talked about Inglourious Basterds. He was curious about playing the role, but I knew I needed somebody with all those linguistic skills. Leo can actually speak good German, but Landa spoke French in the movie more than German. So it was never in the cards. But Leo and I have hung out over the course of 15 years, and he likes my writing and makes sure he gets a copy of scripts I finish to see if there’s anything that might float his boat. He got this one and really liked Calvin Candie.

PLAYBOY: He called you?

TARANTINO: Yeah.

PLAYBOY: When you wrote Candie, did you have anyone in mind?

TARANTINO: I did, but I don’t want to say who, simply because when I finished the script I realized they were a little older than I wanted the character to be. That’s a problem I have. I’ll be thinking about somebody and not take into account that I’m thinking of them from 20 years ago. Leo was younger than I had initially written, but I read it again and could see no reason why the character couldn’t be younger. And since I’m hitting hard this notion of the American South re-creating European aristocracy in this amateur make-it-up-as-you-go-along fashion, the notion of him as the boy emperor was cool. His daddy was a cotton man, his daddy’s daddy was a cotton man and so was his father before him. So Candie doesn’t have to do anything. It’s all set up, and he can be the petulant ruler with other interests. His passion is not cotton. It’s Mandingo fighting.

PLAYBOY: Is he a classic Tarantino villain?

TARANTINO: He’s the first villain I’ve ever written that I didn’t like. I hated Candie, and I normally like my villains no matter how bad they are. I see their point of view. I could see his point of view, but I hated it so much. For the first time as a writer, I just fucking hated this guy.

PLAYBOY: Why?

TARANTINO: He is master of the institution of slavery, and my despising that is why I wrote this whole thing. He’s the bedrock of it all. So I thought, Wow, I got Leo, and he doesn’t know that it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors and not as good as some of these other parts. But working with Leo, we ended up making it as good as all those other parts. The whole petulant boy emperor idea solidified as opposed to the older plantation big-daddy fellow. Leo formed a new character, and he was direct about what he wanted to do. Just as I have an agenda about history that I want to get across in this movie, so does he, and he brought all this research into his character. Leo had a nice monologue, talking about being a boy and his father doing this and being surrounded by black faces growing up. How could he ever be anything other than what he is? He was born into this. Is a prince going to deny the throne, his kingdom? I still blame him, but what chance did he have?

Calibi

Tks for news of Leo at art sale last night :)

Girl

Tks for posting part of Playboy interview where Quentin talks about Leo /his role; great read :)

Loved the part below :

Wow, I got Leo, and he doesn’t know that it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors and not as good as some of these other parts. But working with Leo, we ended up making it as good as all those other parts.

Leo formed a new character, and he was direct about what he wanted to do. Just as I have an agenda about history that I want to get across in this movie, so does he, and he brought all this research into his character.

Whoa, Shine, thank you once again for the tons of pics! :hug:

Thanks Sick, Girl, Calibi,Ox and whoever I forget :p for the updates :flower:

Too bad Leo wasn't in GQ :(

Green Bean Product Hails Leonardo DiCaprio For Spending His Birthday Helping Others and the Environment, Suggests Use of Green Cleaners to Public to Also Help the Planet

A report said that Leonardo Dicaprio spent his birthday raising money for his eco-friendly projects and the victims of Superstorm Sandy. And urging the public to also help the environment, green site GreenBeanProduct suggested the use of MCP's green cleaning products.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) November 15, 2012

Leonardo DiCaprio became a year older over the weekend. However, unlike the usual flashy Hollywood bash, ecorazzi.com reported that he made his birthday an event to benefit the environment and the Superstorm Sandy victims. And urging the public to also help the planet, Green Bean Product suggested to the public the use of MyCleaningProducts' green cleaners.

Be Like Leonardo DiCaprio. Be a Help to the Planet With MyCleaningProducts' Cleaners

Based one the report, the Titanic actor celebrated his birthday with a charity twist in “The Darby,” a top Manhattan club. It was said that he added a fee to each bottle of alcohol sold and donated the amount to the Red Cross. Specifically, the collected money is to benefit the victims of the Superstorm Sandy.

In total, DiCaprio raised $500, 000 for the Sandy victims, related the report. And as it added, even the charities supported by his own Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation also received donations.

For his effort to raise money for the Sandy victims and his other environmental and charity works, Green Bean Product said that Dicaprio truly is one of the big green celebrities that people should emulate. Nonetheless, it said it understands that not everybody could afford the way the actor helps the environment.

So for ordinary citizens to also help protect the planet without spending too big, the green website suggested the use of green cleaning products. Particularly, it recommended the use of MyCleaningProducts green cleaners.

The site explained that MCP cleaners are made with natural ingredients. And because they contain no harsh chemical ingredients, they don't risk anybody's health and pollute the environment. And so, it asserted that among all the cleaning products, they are what everyone should.