Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Dylan talks Shakespeare, Titanic, and DiCaprio in new 'Rolling Stone' interview

The article also confirmed that the closing song, "Roll On John," is a tribute to John Lennon, and the 14 minute title track drew upon the Carter Family’s song, “The Titanic.” Dylan said, “I was fooling with that one night ... I liked that melody - I liked it a lot. ‘Maybe I’m gonna appropriate this melody.’” However, the storyline appeared to be full of fictional, poetic images. “People are going to say, ‘Well it’s not very truthful,” Dylan said. “But a songwriter doesn’t care about what’s truthful. ”

Leonardo DiCaprio, the co-star of the 1997 movie Titanic, is also referenced in the epic. “I don’t think the song would be the same without him. Or the movie.” After Dylan sang "Blind Willie McTell" to honor Martin Scorsese at the 17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards in January, DiCaprio said, “Give it up for Bob Dylan, everyone!” which lead to a standing ovation. (Thanks to "Skinny Moo" for the reminder)

http://www.examiner....stone-interview

Thanks a lot calibi. Wow, I would never have imagined or hoped for one of the truly greats in music history and one of my heroes, singing a song that includes Leo, one of my other heroes.

This Dylan quote makes me happy to no end " “I don’t think the song would be the same without him (Leo). Or the movie.”

Does anyone have the script for "The Wolf of Wall Street"? If you do can you send it to me. I would really like to read it. Just finished reading Django Unchained script and would like to read the script for the Wolf of Wall Street. Thanks.Flower%20for%20you.gif

A little bit more from Dylan Rolling Stone interview about Titanic tract that mentions Leo

The title track is a nearly 14-minute depiction of the Titanic disaster. Numerous folk and gospel songs gave accounts of the event, including the Carter Family's "The Titanic," which Dylan drew from. "I was just fooling with that one night," he says. "I liked that melody – I liked it a lot. 'Maybe I'm gonna appropriate this melody.' But where would I go with it?" Elements of Dylan's vision of the Titanic are familiar – historical figures, the inescapable finality. But it's not all grounded in fact: The ship's decks are places of madness ("Brother rose up against brother. They fought and slaughtered each other"), and even Leonardo DiCaprio appears. ("Yeah, Leo," says Dylan. "I don't think the song would be the same without him. Or the movie.") "People are going to say, 'Well, it's not very truthful,' " says Dylan. "But a songwriter doesn't care about what's truthful. What he cares about is what should've happened, what could've happened. That's its own kind of truth. It's like people who read Shakespeare plays, but they never see a Shakespeare play. I think they just use his name."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-on-his-dark-new-album-tempest-20120801#ixzz22IRGQtJR

Wijn

Ditto :)

In the pic the beard looks pretty good, I think

How did you know that Princess? You discover all my secrets...I always try to help some great songwriters. :morning: :rofl:

Ok...now my comment....I can see....I can see that Leo keep his beard! :p Wow...what a news! :p

But on the other hand...Jesus,Mary and Joseph...Leo looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome in that pic! His eyes are shining and sooo blue!! :shock: Sparks come out of that eye....

Now another song for this wonderful pic...

"You're still the one that I love

The only one that I dream of" :rofl:

Tks for everything girls!