Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

18 minutes ago, AliceT said:

Just remembering the polarising first reactions when The Wolf of Wall Street was screen tested. 

I found this article from around the time. I remember Leo saying in an interview that he was surprised by just how polarising the film was. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/shame-says-academy-member-martin-scorsese-wolf-wall-street-screening/amp/

Personally I think it’s his best performance and I love the film.

Oh my,😂 I don't know why this made me laugh. People must have been really upset.😂 Go to Marty and Leo if you want to stir people's emotions up.

29 minutes ago, AliceT said:

Just remembering the polarising first reactions when The Wolf of Wall Street was screen tested. 

I found this article from around the time. I remember Leo saying in an interview that he was surprised by just how polarising the film was. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/shame-says-academy-member-martin-scorsese-wolf-wall-street-screening/amp/

Personally I think it’s his best performance and I love the film.

Yes! I love WOWS and Leo should have won that Oscar because his performance was outstanding. I'll add the Aviator too.

It was nice watching that old interview during the time of The Beach. Also, I keep eyeing Leo's biceps whenever he folds his arms😍

Thanks Sugarwater, Barbie, Jade and AliceT for the posts!

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:
Can't wait to see them together!!!

I liked the article written by the meteorologist. He has a hidden talent for journalism. It felt like we were part of the whole production when he described it so well. It is hard to believe that it takes two days to create five or ten minutes of magic. 

He even described that Leo has a fan😂 he uses for the hot days. Which obviously he would be interested in. Love the details.❤

TODAY’S CASTING CALL

I PREDICT THESE ARE GOING TO BE HARD TO FIND.

June 28, 2021

Native American Ballroom Dancers Needed for Major Feature Film 

Native American ballroom dancers, or Native American people taking ballroom dance classes, are needed July 8-9 to appear in scenes of a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. These specialty extras should have had classes in popular dances of the 1920s, like the Fox Trot, Charleston, Peabody, Lindy and/or Tango. Expert dancers are not required.

They will need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK on prior to filming. They will also likely need to attend a dance rehearsal a day or two in advance of filming. These people must be open and available for all dates.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area. 

Pay is a guarantee of $150/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any days over 8 hours will go into overtime.

Agree that the reporter's article about being on film set was very interesting 

He ,also, mentioned that Leo at times wears advanced earpiece , so he knows when to start moving in a certain scene 

Plus how in between scenes Leo would work on improving how he and another character said their lines

Leonardo DiCaprio wore an earpiece.  The IFB, which is just like news anchors and reporters wear, is presumably for getting direction.  For example, when to start moving in one of his scenes.

DiCaprio's had an extremely stealth ear piece, much more than the ones you see on the news, and the ear piece was not for lines.  DiCaprio knew them flawlessly. 

This was evident when he was rehearsed the timing with another actor.  The two were collaborating between takes on how to tweak the timing of their delivery of lines to each other to make the scene better.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE  POSTED LATEST LEO RELATED ARTICLES/VIDS/ PIX ; MUCH APPRECIATED :flower: :flower: :flower:

Also in regard to dances at Inlonshka that Leo was seen at , going by other cast members IG's , it seems most of the KOTFM attended the event 

ANOTHER CASTING CALL FOR TODAY.

June 28, 2021

Young Ballet Students, Aged 8-10, for Major Feature Film

Young ballet students, aged 8-10, are needed to appear this week in scenes for a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. 

The females need to be no larger than a 32" chest and a 28" waist. They should wear ballet shoes ranging from girls size 13 to womens size 8.

Filming is scheduled for this Thursday, July 1 in Pawhuska, OK. A rehearsal for the scene is scheduled for Wednesday, June 30.Costume fitting is tomorrow, June 29 in Bartlesvile. Do not submit if you cannot attend all events regarding this role.

The girls do not need to be expert dancers, but they should have more than a year or more of ballet training.

He changed the ending?! But the ending was so perfect in the movie. I don't know how you can top that?  🙄 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2021/jun/29/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-review-tarantinos-debut-novel-shines

This journalist didn't like it either so don't know if it was a good move or not. Other than that, cheers to Tarantino and his writing. 😃

Just for fun. The rapper Tyler the Creator has a crush on (90s) Leo :p

What is Tyler, the Creator's dating history like? He has faced a lot of speculation about his sexuality.

If there's one aspect of Tyler's life that he has done the best job of keeping very private, it's his dating history. The "Lumberjack" rapper has never once gone public with any particular individual, but there have been plenty of claims that Tyler isn't straight, with fans pointing to lyrical evidence to back them up.

For example, in his song "I Ain’t Got Time" on the critically acclaimed Flower Boy album, Tyler raps that he has been "kissing white boys since 2004."

Everything from his longtime affinity for Leonardo DiCaprio to tweets with Kendall Jenner where he straight up said he is gay has led fans worldwide to believe that Tyler is anything but straight.

In a 2015 Rolling Stone interview, Tyler was quoted saying, "I’m gay as f--k."

When he was later asked if he had any repressed feelings sexually, Tyler responded by saying, "No, but I am in love with ’96 Leonardo DiCaprio. I one hundred percent would go gay for ’96 Leo. Oh, and Cole Sprouse."

Source

So this moment was probably very special for him in many ways :heart:

Emkc1VaWEAIZa_P.jpg

Source

But looks like he handled it like a pro :D

2246638378e6463605e51a838c5d.jpg

Source

Tarantino revealed in a recent podcast why JLaw didn't make it into OUATIH.

Jennifer Lawrence Read For Dakota Fanning’s Role In Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Quentin Tarantino reveals on the WTF with Marc Maron podcast that Jennifer Lawrence read for Dakota Fanning's role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

jl.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500&dpr=1.5

Jennifer Lawrence read for Manson family member, Squeaky Fromme, in Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a role that ultimately went to Dakota Fanning. Lawrence had been talked about early on to star in the film alongside Brad Pitt, with many supposing she'd been gunning for the role of Sharon Tate, which went to Margot Robbie. Instead, Lawrence would star in X-Men: Dark Phoenix while Brad Pitt would win an Oscar for his turn as Cliff Booth in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood -- an accolade some viewers disagreed with.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is an installment in a trilogy of Tarantino movies that reimagine historic tragedies in fantastic and victorious rewrites.

In Inglourious Basterds, Hitler is successfully assassinated alongside every prominent member of the Nazi party. In Django Unchained, an enslaved person is able to get revenge on every white person who attempted to own him. In Hollywood, the Manson family cult members who killed Sharon Tate are instead killed by Leonardo DiCaprio's prima donna actor character, Rick Dalton, and Sharon Tate lives. In one of the most intense scenes in the film, Pitt's Booth visits Spahn Ranch -- a home to Manson's cult -- where he encounters Fanning's Fromme and is nearly a victim of the Manson Murders.

Jennifer Lawrence read for Squeaky Fromme, according to Quentin Tarantino during an appearance on the podcast WTF with Marc Maron. Tarantino was only allowing interested parties to see a physical copy of the script at his house in order to avoid any leaks about the story. After Lawrence read it at his house, it was decided she wouldn't have been the right fit for the role. Tarantino remarks how much he respects Lawrence as an actress, but still considers Fanning's performance to be "one of the best performances in the movie." Fromme's appearance is short in the theatrical cut of the film, though was likely longer in the alleged 20-hour director's cut.

Fanning expressed her joy at the casting -- more so at being able to perform in a Tarantino film, but as well to have the opportunity to do so while playing such a complicated character. In real life, Squeaky Fromme would go on to be convicted for an attempted assassination of President Ford. For Tarantino, while the actions of the Manson Family were on some level of par with Nazis and white plantation owners in the antebellum South, his clear interest in exploring these characters on a layered and contemplative level drove his casting choices.

As being cast in a Tarantino film is now seen as a legendary accomplishment for actors, Lawrence has only one more chance to do so before Tarantino retires. The director has stood by an oath to only direct ten films in his career, with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood being the ninth. Lawrence's newest project, Don't Look Up, has her to star alongside DiCaprio, the pair playing astronomers trying to warn the world about an incoming comet, a dark comedy from The Big Short and Vice's Adam McKay.

Source