Bellazon

Football

goose

Big Darren off to Fulham for the season. I'll go to my grave saying this (not literally) but there's an alternate reality out there in which Martin O'Neill buys him instead of Heskey and we make it to the top 4 and a wonderful new dawn begins. Still, when you think of the dire situation we were in when he actually did arrive he really did all we could ask of him: keep us up, which in itself made him worth the money. Anyway now we're two managers further down the line and the mandate (in tactics but mainly wage bill) has changed and so our time together must end. 

Well, credit where it's due, Fulham dominated us for the four seconds it took to take their corner. We were only on top for the remaining 94:56. Not exactly the start we were hoping for then, but a much better all-round effort than anything I saw last season, with the new signings mostly looking the part. Still plenty of room for improvement, though, and the wretched run of home games we'll now have to negotiate is a concern. Crying out for a creative midfielder to play alongside the beastly Cabral and, as has been the case since dinosaurs roamed the earth, a proper left-back.

Superb win for Villa yesterday (the new away kit reminds me of battenburg - the cake not the referee), Arsenal and Arsene Wenger reaching borderline dangerous levels of self-parody at present.

P.S. I love you, Simon Mignolet. :cry2:

P.P.S. Nice teeth, Brendan.