Bellazon

Football

goose

I know it's not the newest news but Paulinho will sign for Tottenham in the following few days. Makes me wonder what formation will play AVB next season with Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele in the first 11.

The 4-3-3 system seemed to serve AVB pretty well towards the back end of last season, and a midfield trio of Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele behind a front three of Bale, Lennon and AN Other sounds to me like a winner.

If you could also find the time to sell us Danny Rose at a knockdown price, then all the better. :laugh:

That's what I've thought about the 4-3-3 formation, but we'll definitely buy at least another striker. As for Danny Rose, I think he'll break in the first team, Assou-Ekotto was poor last season and Naughton wasn't good enough.

It's also interesting to see what we'll do with the three attacking midfielders, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Dempsey.

Interesting to see Sunderland bring Big Jozy back to England. I remember him looking utterly bereft of grace at Hull (but then again who didn't?!) though of course he was barely 19 then and has been banging them in for fun over at AZ for a good while now. He's also impossibly good on FIFA 12!

Interesting to see Sunderland bring Big Jozy back to England. I remember him looking utterly bereft of grace at Hull (but then again who didn't?!) though of course he was barely 19 then and has been banging them in for fun over at AZ for a good while now. He's also impossibly good on FIFA 12!

Quite honestly, the only memory I really have of his spell at Hull was from the time we played them at the KC (he got himself involved in a decidedly childish spat with Alan Hutton, which led to a double sending-off), but like any self-respecting armchair observer attempting to run the rule over a potential new signing, I’ve been watching assorted videos of his AZ exploits on YouTube. He looks to have all the necessary ingredients to make a go of life in the Premier League - pace, quick feet, brute strength, finishing - even a somewhat unlikely talent for curling free-kicks into the top corner. In a perfect world, he’d do for us what Lukaku did for West Brom last year, though of course, time will tell!