Bellazon

Football

goose

Juande Ramos is given the Real Madrid job - whatever next, Tony Mowbray at Barcelona? :laugh:

Hahaha. Schuster had it coming but I'm not sure Ramos was the right move. Let's see what he can do with an injury-ravaged Real squad. I got a tenner saying that Ramos doesn't make it into Xmas next season :whistle:

David Bentley at Real? The mind boggles... That sounds more like something the Fiver would write. :D

LMAO

Once again, the Fiver did not disappoint:

Santa Claus has just made his list, checked it twice and dispatched one of his elves to find out if the Lucky Juande has been naughty or nice.

Depending on his findings, none, some or all of Aaron Lennon, David Bentley, Bastien Schweinsteiger and Napoli's Slovak flyer Marek Hamsik might be delivered at the Bernabeu.

Which is interesting, because if Lennon and Bentley weren't guaranteed games by the Special Juande at Spurs, why would he want them now he's at an actual big club?

I just noticed, this topic is up to page 4-4-2 :rofl:

Lol, I know I'm a little late, but nice catch :rofl: ;)

Ohh Crap! <_<

My pessimism isn't working anymore :no:

I guess pessimism doesn't solve everything after all :no:

Don't worry about the Arsenal-Liverpool game though, because when it comes to heads up, it's:

My Bad Luck >>>> Your Bad Luck :cry:

I was actually having thoughts about mabe Liverpool shall make a move on Podolski. Looks he'll leave Bayern when the transfer window opens up, and there are trade rumors beetwen Bayern, and Köln of Bundesliga (Köln offered to give them cash, plus a player, but I forgot who he was).

Anyway, I think he'd much more rather to play in a top Premier League team, then in a mediocre Bundesliga team, and probably even Bayern would preffer to send him out of Germany.

But I think he'll be a perfect fit in Liverpool. He will make a great duo with Torres, and Liverppol actually needs some lefties. :shifty:

Podolski has come out a few times saying that he wants to join Koln. I don't think we'll have the cash to afford Podolski considering our American owners might not be able to pay their next loan installment (Hicks & Gillett OUT!!! :anger:). Anyway, I'd rather see Babel being given more chances than spending money on Podolski. I'd rather a RW and a LB.

I definitely agree with you on this one. They shall start using Babel more, and I think with more playtime Babel will elevate his game to the next level. Torres-Babel may be the scariest offensive duo of the years to come :thumbsup:

It's funny that my two teams (Barca and Club Brugge) both played Valencia within the same week. :laugh:

And we only got 1 point from it all :persuazn:

Yep, how come it was funny? It was far from funny, in fact it was ASAP (As Sad As Possible) :cry:

My Bad Luck >>>> Your Bad Luck :cry:

I'm going to bank on Arsenal smashing Liverpool because we're really lacking in attack at the moment, but you guys seem to turn it up against the big teams.

I definitely agree with you on this one. They shall start using Babel more, and I think with more playtime Babel will elevate his game to the next level. Torres-Babel may be the scariest offensive duo of the years to come :thumbsup:

I was actually thinking about using Babel as Torres understudy rather than as a combo. They're playing style is quite similar. Also, Torres doesn't need to defend and Babel is just poor at defending so I don't think Rafa would pair them up considering his dream team would literally be a team of Carraghers :|

Arsenal - Juventus (not my two teams against each other)

Arsenal - Barcelona (not Henry playing against Arsenal)

Sporting L. - Panathinaikos (I won't like to see neither of them in the next round)

I want those ties :whistle:

I just noticed, this topic is up to page 4-4-2 :rofl:

Lol, I know I'm a little late, but nice catch :rofl: ;)

We can have a more defensive celebration when we reach page 451 :laugh:

I was kiddin'.

Lol, give it to my stupidity then. I just believe every transfer rumor when the topic is Real M. :rofl:

After the Woodgate signing, you can't be blamed for believing anything is possible. Anything. :rofl:

I'm not convinced that Woodgate ever really signed for Madrid, I always thought it was just a hoax or a publicity stunt :laugh:

Good article, but really nothing I haven't read before. It all seems like recycled material about total football. There were a couple of points that I found interesting though:

I was surprised from reading the article that Abidal doesn't get up more but with Alves as RWB you can't play symmetrically anyway :laugh: It probably gives more defensive stability than Rijkaard's team though with 3 at the back instead of 2.5 players :idk:

When Xavi said they work more on strategy now than before, it didn't come as any surprise that Rijkaard wasn't the greatest strategist around and relied more on his players' abilities :laugh: I would've expected no less from Guardiola to work on strategy. The man's got a great footballing brain. Does anyone that watch Barca regularly know if they have a Plan B (not that they'd need to implement it at the moment)?

I don't watch Barca that much, but I've noticed that Barca's midfield is a lot quicker to join the attack than with Rijkaard's team. Also when they defend they literally swarm from what I've seen. There are up to 5-6 people defending the zone which the ball is in and putting pressure on the opposition. There is more hunger and running from Barca, but you can bet that over the next few of seasons, even if they have the hunger, all the running and physical exertion will catch up with them.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to point out anything I've missed or got wrong :)