Bellazon

Football

goose

Keane gone.

Sad to see him go, but it's obviously something that's been on the cards for a while. He could maybe have been a great manager had he not doubted himself quite so much. Every week he'd be in the papers talking about how he'd signed poor players or got the team selection wrong. Compare that with somebody like Fergie - if his team lose he'll blame the ref, the FA, the media, even his own team's shirts given half the chance. Consequently the United players think Fergie's bullet-proof and trust his judgement. If the manager doubts himself, then the players start to doubt him as well. That's not my only criticism of Keane but I think it's probably the overriding factor here.

But there is cause for optimism as well. We're now in a position to attract a good quality manager to the club and that's mostly down to Keane's groundwork.

Yeah i suppose so...& yeah I don't understand Fergie's reasoning either, some have said that he's slowly easing him out of the club, but after the interview he gave tonight i cant see Tev going anywhere soon.. :idk:

The trouble with Tevez is that he's technically still only on loan at United. Okay, so nobody knows who from, but officially he's a loan signing at the moment. So at the end of the season, Fergie's faced with a choice - pay the £30m asking price for a player he seems to rate as his third choice striker, or let him move on, stick with Rooney and Berbatov and possibly bring in somebody a bit cheaper as a backup. There's no way I'd let Tevez go personally, but it's a lot of money to spend on a player who, rightly or wrongly, hasn't been used much this year :whistle:

The Special One hasn't especially endeared himself to Inter fans and the Italian press corp, perhaps he can make his triumphant return in the premiership with Man City? :laugh:

I could actually see him taking over at United eventually. :blush:

A cruel way to lose it in the end but hey, it could have been worse at Old Trafford :laugh:

I just noticed, this topic is up to page 4-4-2 :rofl:

:trout:

It's funny that my two teams (Barca and Club Brugge) both played Valencia within the same week. :laugh:

And we only got 1 point from it all :persuazn: