Bellazon

Football

goose

That's how it works. And every Euro and World Cup year, England has a squad better than before and certainly better than '66 :whistle:

So Freddy, Villa vs 'Pool in gameweek 1 :whistle: Who you tippin', Mellberg or Torres? I actually have a bad feeling about this. It feels really bad, we're traveling, we have pressure to not slip up and we're up against Villa. Hopefully it'll be like the first time we met last season :ninja:

and I was talking to my Arsenal friend and suddenly it hit me. It really hasn't been much of a transition these 2 years. It has been more like a revolution at the club. In 2 seasons, only Toure and Gilberto remain of The Invincibles. Henry, Vieira, Edu, Cashley, Campbell, Lauren, Ljungberg, Bergkamp and Pires are all gone :| That is really really crazy :chicken:

I don't think it really crazy at all! Henry, Vieira and Ashley Tweedy left the team, it wasn't the team that wanted them out! The others had their time back in the day, but it was the time to get off from them! I was a huge fan of Ljunberg, Pires, and especially Bergkamp, but they can't play forever! Just look at their last seasons with the Gunners! I can't blame the managers!

And yeah, when was the last time we lost to Barca. Oh yeah, I got reminded. I was really young back then LOL.

hahaha :laugh: They always seem to win dodgy penalties or free kicks that tie the game up <_< In some of the matches in recent seasons they didn't even deserve one point <_< Sorry Herve :ninja:

But I do remember that Rivaldo winner :cry2:

Yes in all the last 3 seasons games, it was a tie and a winner for us, right! I have only a single friend that is a Valencia fan, while all the others prefer Real or Barca at La Liga! And the Barca fans call Valencia "The Peniciline". We definitely know whats wrong with them, and we have got the cure for it! This year won't be any different :D Sorry SS ;)

Oh yeah, and I remember that Rivaldo goal also! FREAKY!!!! He was really the best of la liga when he was at Barca! I remember lots of games he murdered us and 5 times more he did it against Real! Too bad he never had that supporting cast to make him win more with Barca! :(

----------------------------

One last thing, England will never win anything big as long as they continue like this! I know English people from different forums, and they always go like "Oh, we discovered the football, so sure we know the best! Out team will defenitely make it big this tournament!", and always start to blame stupid things when they loose! They really have got a nice team, but not really that elite! Maybe their weak start will help them, but they were really overrating Lampard & Gerrard(sorry Ed) and blaming it all at Beckham. Plus this team needs Owen desperately! Nor Crouch, nor Rooney aren't at his level! I doubt if they can guide the spot at the time when it counts/big games!

That's how it works. And every Euro and World Cup year, England has a squad better than before and certainly better than '66 :whistle:

So Freddy, Villa vs 'Pool in gameweek 1 :whistle: Who you tippin', Mellberg or Torres? I actually have a bad feeling about this. It feels really bad, we're traveling, we have pressure to not slip up and we're up against Villa. Hopefully it'll be like the first time we met last season :ninja:

Did you guys know: Under British law the phrase "Owen Hargreaves" was considered an obsentity until after last year's World Cup. You could actually serve jail time for saying it multiple times in public.

To be honest man, I'm not sure I'm ready for the season. Liverpool at home? Do we have to? I need more time! What's Rafa's starting XI going to be, does he even know? We don't actually have a fully fit right-back at the moment so I'm thinking Olof will be playing there and it'll be Cahill and Laursen in the centre. I always say we play our best stuff when we pass it along the ground and feed into the feet of our pacey guys. If we start hoofin' it up the pitch with no target then the game is there for Liverpool to win. So I'll hope for a win, expect a draw but try not to be too upset if we lose!

I don't think it really crazy at all! Henry, Vieira and Ashley Tweedy left the team, it wasn't the team that wanted them out! The others had their time back in the day, but it was the time to get off from them! I was a huge fan of Ljunberg, Pires, and especially Bergkamp, but they can't play forever! Just look at their last seasons with the Gunners! I can't blame the managers!

I'm not blaming anyone :trout: I'm just saying it's crazy because clubs tend to make transitions by slowly replacing players and generations but the way Arsenal have gone and practically dismantled a whole is nothing short of incredible. You don't see it very often, that's all :p

Yes in all the last 3 seasons games, it was a tie and a winner for us, right! I have only a single friend that is a Valencia fan, while all the others prefer Real or Barca at La Liga! And the Barca fans call Valencia "The Peniciline". We definitely know whats wrong with them, and we have got the cure for it! This year won't be any different :D Sorry SS ;)

Oh yeah, and I remember that Rivaldo goal also! FREAKY!!!! He was really the best of la liga when he was at Barca! I remember lots of games he murdered us and 5 times more he did it against Real! Too bad he never had that supporting cast to make him win more with Barca! :(

vamos Valencia! :ddr:

When someone says Rivaldo I think of two things. That overhead kick and him covering his face at the World Cup :rofl:

One last thing, England will never win anything big as long as they continue like this! I know English people from different forums, and they always go like "Oh, we discovered the football, so sure we know the best! Out team will defenitely make it big this tournament!", and always start to blame stupid things when they loose! They really have got a nice team, but not really that elite! Maybe their weak start will help them, but they were really overrating Lampard & Gerrard(sorry Ed) and blaming it all at Beckham. Plus this team needs Owen desperately! Nor Crouch, nor Rooney aren't at his level! I doubt if they can guide the spot at the time when it counts/big games!

Don't be sorry. I don't like England and Gerrard is crap for England anyway :morning:

Did you guys know: Under British law the phrase "Owen Hargreaves" was considered an obsentity until after last year's World Cup. You could actually serve jail time for saying it multiple times in public.

To be honest man, I'm not sure I'm ready for the season. Liverpool at home? Do we have to? I need more time! What's Rafa's starting XI going to be, does he even know? We don't actually have a fully fit right-back at the moment so I'm thinking Olof will be playing there and it'll be Cahill and Laursen in the centre. I always say we play our best stuff when we pass it along the ground and feed into the feet of our pacey guys. If we start hoofin' it up the pitch with no target then the game is there for Liverpool to win. So I'll hope for a win, expect a draw but try not to be too upset if we lose!

:rofl:

At the moment it looks like the usual back 4, Kewell/Babel, Alonso/Mascherano, Gerrard, Pennant/Benayoun and Torres and Kuyt/Voronin up front. Ok so that's not really a starting XI but we all know Rafa chops and changes too much :/ I'm expecting a draw as well, though I wouldn't be too surprised if we lose actually :|

I think they actually got rid of Bramble :o

and yes, I think under Sam they'll be contenders now :yes: Great attacking players coupled with Sam's organisation should be good news for the Geordies (Y) Though it's a pity they won't crack the top 4 :whistle:

:rofl: I'd be impressed if he could do that. Alves might cover a whole wing by himself but he has never covered both sides :rofl:

and it seems that all of Newcastle's spending might be in vain. Given is out for a month :laugh:

Guys a whole day with nmo post in football thread!! OH MY!!!!

Anyway, I guess I shall post somethin. . .

Crap, I only recently saw how much Newcastle have invested, especially in defense.

Yes, it's hard to replace Boumsong, isn't it? :whistle:

Ask Ed if you don't trust me!! :laugh:

One. More. Day. :|

It's hard to replace Boumsong indeed :yes: He is an anomaly that defies physics. How can one solid being be placed in the middle of a defence to fill it and simultaneously be used as a hole? It defies logic :chicken: I think he is a living vacuum (he sucks :whistle:), a black hole if you will :laugh: :p