Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

I liked some of the episodes (like the one making fun of Christopher Reeve being a cripple-- and turned him into a lunatic that wanted to cure himself with stem cells using mad science).    I haven't seen it in years but I remember the early seasons got way too preachy.  

I think the show was best when it was grotesquely satired the 'horror' of being alive and the horror of childhood (so to speak, lol) and grew worse when it starting tacking social issues.

18 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Do you agree with his views?  

I have his book, The decline of the west, and your comment about #FightForWesternCulture made me think of him.

Since he wrote that book, the decline of the West is even more salient.

And this paragraph is staggeringly actual. Just think of what is going on now in Turkey, Greece, Germany, Calais. The leaders of the EU betrayed Europe, cause
they need "economic slaves". Germany only got 1.5 million of these people in just one year. 70% of them are adult males, most of them illiterate even in their own mother tongue. So the fellaheen / peasants term is accurate. The majority of them are from Morocco to Pakistan and even Nepal, lying themselves to be Syrians. Btw even Syrians are not refugees anymore outside of Turkey. The whole "refugee crisis" term is a propaganda lie.
And this stream of mass migration is aswarm with jihadists.

This year German journalist Udo Ulfkotte has a new book entitled entitled Asylum Industry: how politicians, journalists, and NGOs turn the wave of refugees to profit.

It’s not the people smugglers, but politicians, big pharma, the care industry, and even the media who benefit most from the massive refugee crisis in the EU, Udo Ulfkotte, German journalist and bestselling author, told RT in an exclusive interview.

Ulfkotte said that he’s “always laughing” when the media and politicians try to convince society that “profit is on the side of people smugglers… people, who rent houses, the landlords” in the refugee crisis.

He pointed out that political parties in Germany make money with refugees as “they themselves run refugee camps.”

“Journalists are getting paid for nice stories about refugees. They get money; they get donations; they get prizes for good stories to open the pockets of the people,” Ulfkotte added.

According to the journalist, the pharmaceutical industry is also expecting massive gains, as many migrants arriving in Europe “have diseases, like hepatitis C.”

“The pharma industry in Europe estimates an additional sale just regarding hepatitis C of about €13 billion for the next [couple of] years because they have to treat those guys. If you have hepatitis C and you come from a country like Syria and Afghanistan, you’re taking every day the value of an iPhone and that for years… on tablets. That’s a big profit. Nobody talks about that. And somebody has to pay for it,” he said.

Why is Europe the place of the world that should take all those people?...Why are the Middle Eastern countries, rich countries, neighboring countries like Saudi Arabia, rich Kuwaitis, Bahrainis – they ( the refugees) have their culture, they have their beliefs – they close the doors?...Why do they all say: ‘Please, just go to Europe?” he wondered.

Saudi Arabia has the capacity to accept more than 3 million people in Mecca, which is visited by numerous religious pilgrims every year, the journalist stressed.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/316337-refugees-germany-isis-ulfkotte/

5 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

I have his book, The decline of the west, and your comment about #FightForWesternCulture made me think of him.

Since he wrote that book, the decline of the West is even more salient.

https://ww.rt.com/op-edge/316337-refugees-germany-isis-ulfkotte/

I have not read Spengler besides browsing (but have a PDF ) but I know that ideas similar to his were fundamental to the rise of the Nazis and the right wing in europe.  Like Marx and today's liberals, the ideas survive (but mostly in more primitive or modified forms) today

I am not a political person; I am biased towards seeing most political/social theories as scams or half-truths.  I observe these things with a sense of curiosity and without truly believing in most.   My 2 cents is that there is little turning back the tide of globalization.  

One can't go through life looking for justice.  All that's left is to adapt to the consequences.

15 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I keep getting that stupid commercial for the new movie on YouTube, and as a pop up on sites like tFS. It's so annoying. 

19 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I hate Bridget Jones and all things related. 

I seriously though I was the only person who loathed the character! Everyone I know just thinks shes the most adorable thing ever and can't wait to see the new movie o.o

^ related:

Journalists for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News

Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, a former editor for the German main daily newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), has first hand knowledge of how the CIA and German Intelligence (BND) bribe journalists to write articles free of truth, facts, and with a decidedly pro-Western, pro-NATO bent or, in other words, propaganda. In his bestselling book Bought Journalists ("Gekaufte Journalisten"), Dr. Ulfkotte explains in great detail the workings of the US and NATO’s propaganda campaign and how a lack of compliance with it, on the part of a journalist, can cost a career. Dr. Ulfkotte also provides a wealth of names! Journalist for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News is the English translation of Dr. Ulfkotte’s bestselling book.

https://www.amazon.com/Journalists-Hire-How-Buys-News/dp/1944505458