Bellazon

I Am...

Guest Albaholic

I am so cold. You can tell I'm from Miami because 58°F is torture, absolute torture. Everyone here is in sweaters and boots, way to go looking like assholes to the rest of the country, guys. I am one of you.  :heart: 

:rofl: OMG here where I'm at once it hits 40F its like "sweaters off ,swimsuits on" scorching hot  :laugh:

Also love your Sasha avi :heart:

^ I'm wishing to know the real differences and the right name for each musical instrument

bass,guitar,electric keyboard,violin,

flute,tuba,reed,,oboe

these are just few names of lots of similar musical instruments that my nephews learn at school these days and asked me a lot about the differences,and ofcourse even the photos didn't help me . :blueeyedbaby:

^ Hahaha I can give you hand on that  :laugh:

Guitar -> post-37013-0-1445985844-40008_thumb.jpg post-37013-0-1445985844-42057_thumb.jpg post-37013-0-1445985844-45117_thumb.jpg 

6 strings, medium-low register. It's both an harmonic and a melodic instrument, which means it can play both melodies and chords.

Bass -> post-37013-0-1445985844-49531_thumb.jpg 

Usually 4 strings and - as it's name says - bass register. It sounds one octave lower than the guitar: it's lower string (the 4th: the one on your left) is one octave lower than the 6th string of the guitar (the string to your left in the pictures). The same relation applies for the other 3 strings. There's also 5 and 6 strings basses, but those aren't THAT common.

Here's a song with a nice bass intro:

Where most people get a little confused (my dad asked me the other day which one was the Viola  :laugh: ): The string section -> post-37013-0-1445985844-50698_thumb.jpg 

Violin, Viola, Cello, and Contrabass or Double Bass.

All of them have 4 strings

The Violin is the smaller one, and produces the higher notes of them. The Viola is slightly bigger, and in consequence produces lower notes, the player holds it in pretty much the same way as the violin. The Cello is bigger and it produces lower notes and it can work as the bass for the string section (on a string quartet you have 2 violins, 1 viola and a cello, which takes the role of the bass instrument). The Double bass or Contrabass is the bigger one and the lower one too. It produces pretty much the same notes as the bass. It's 4th string has the same note than the electric bass and the same relation goes for the remaining strings. 

All of them are melodic instruments, though they can also play 2 (or even 3 in some cases) notes at once.

Flute -> post-37013-0-1445985844-53256_thumb.jpg 

It's a woodwind instrument, and it has (besides the Piccolo) the highest pitch of them. Melodic instrument.

Oboe -> post-37013-0-1445985844-5505_thumb.jpg 

Melodic instrument and another member of the woodwind family. It has a lower register than the flute, and it has a double reed to produce it's sound. It looks quite similar to the Clarinet though.

The reed aren't actually instruments, but a part of it. Some wind instruments use reeds to produce their sound, such as harmonicas, oboes, saxophones, etc. Some use a double reed as the Oboe, while others, like the Clarinet and Saxophone, use a single reed.

Tuba ->  post-37013-0-1445985844-56998_thumb.jpg 

It's the bass instrument of the Brass family, and it can go reaaaally low. It's a melodic instrument.

Keyboard (You mean like this?) -> post-37013-0-1445985844-64039_thumb.jpg 

It's like a piano actually, but it's way of producing the sound is digital, not like the piano which uses strings.

Being digital it can emulate different sounds too.

I hope I've been clear enough and I hope I helped you :)

Tell me if you have any doubts :)