Bellazon

The 2007 Sport Illustrated Swimsuit discussion

anna89

Millions of people disagree but millions of people agree aswell. And yes they did do better at posing in the swim suits. The supermodel is dying now all we have is overrated actress/singers everywhere.

Why should the average guy care about the status of the supermodel?

Because that's who the SE is aimed at, the average guy with an interest in sports. Ask guys on my football team if they're more attracted to a clothes hanger like Gemma Ward or to Beyonce.

I'll be the first to say Beyonce's music is bland, manufactured drivel. So what?

She's only famous because people like her face and her big ass. So what?

She's in the SE because of her face and her big ass. Why? Because people like it. The people at SI aren't going to stack the issue with the emaciated models that seem to get all the love on this site because they won't sell anything like that. They feature women that guys are attracted to. It's never been about 'deserving.'

That's so true. Beyonce is not THE real woman. My body type is closer to Marisa's...I am thin and toned and athletic. Many of my girl-friends are. And we can turn quite a few heads. And we are as real as it gets. Just because many women in North America are overweight, doesn't mean that's how a woman is supposed to be. A thin, athletic person can be healthy and look great, so stop calling Beyonce "the real woman". I am not saying she is fat, but just because she has a different body type than many models, and just because many women in North America are on the heavier side like she is, doesn't make them better. She doesn't seem fit enough to be on teh cover of SI and that's that.

Millions of people disagree but millions of people agree aswell. And yes they did do better at posing in the swim suits. The supermodel is dying now all we have is overrated actress/singers everywhere.

Why should the average guy care about the status of the supermodel?

Because that's who the SE is aimed at, the average guy with an interest in sports. Ask guys on my football team if they're more attracted to a clothes hanger like Gemma Ward or to Beyonce.

I'll be the first to say Beyonce's music is bland, manufactured drivel. So what?

She's only famous because people like her face and her big ass. So what?

She's in the SE because of her face and her big ass. Why? Because people like it. The people at SI aren't going to stack the issue with the emaciated models that seem to get all the love on this site because they won't sell anything like that. They feature women that guys are attracted to. It's never been about 'deserving.'

I agree but SI has always been popular so they don't necessarily need Beyonce. That's what like Maxim and Blender are for. And we're not talking about Gemma Ward here we're talking curvier, sexier models.

What sense does it make to start complaining about it when it ALREADY HAPPENED? :dontgetit: Frankly, (though I'm no B fan) I think it's good they picked someone else than the always PERFECT looking models. B is in good shape. :yes: No she's no athlete, fair enough, but neither are the models you preferred. They previously put Petra Nemcova o there among others? Great looking girl, but NO ATHLETE. No one was complaining though. And I can go on.

But seriously: It's just a cover! I mean, there's nothing to be Outraged about. If you wanna be outraged about something, be outraged about the fact that every 3 seconds a child dies of diarrhea because there is no decent water. <_<

does anyone have the magazine yet? How are the pics?

Is it the same as other years, where the pics from the magazine are not featured on the site?

And when do people think we can start expecting scans?

if u checked the models threads (the ones who were in the 2007 SI shoot) then u will see that most of their pics from SI 2007 have already been posted. i dnt think anyones got the mag yet cos there are still no scans but there are the photos from the official SI website here on bellazon :whistle:

does anyone have the magazine yet? How are the pics?

Is it the same as other years, where the pics from the magazine are not featured on the site?

And when do people think we can start expecting scans?

if u checked the models threads (the ones who were in the 2007 SI shoot) then u will see that most of their pics from SI 2007 have already been posted. i dnt think anyones got the mag yet cos there are still no scans but there are the photos from the official SI website here on bellazon :whistle:

I know about hte website, but thanks.

yeah I am interested to see the scans from the magazine-- There are always two or three of the overall best ones in the magazine.

I'M SO F*CKING pissed ... God bless you for making this thread ... I'm TRYING not to flame but I've been SO pissed off about this all day lol ... like as pissed off as you could get when your favourite team in sports lost a big game or something. I was all looking forward to SI, but now that they but Beyonce on .... holy crap!

What sense does it make to start complaining about it when it ALREADY HAPPENED? :dontgetit: Frankly, (though I'm no B fan) I think it's good they picked someone else than the always PERFECT looking models. B is in good shape. :yes: No she's no athlete, fair enough, but neither are the models you preferred. They previously put Petra Nemcova o there among others? Great looking girl, but NO ATHLETE. No one was complaining though. And I can go on.

But seriously: It's just a cover! I mean, there's nothing to be Outraged about. If you wanna be outraged about something, be outraged about the fact that every 3 seconds a child dies of diarrhea because there is no decent water. <_<

Thats true, it's just a cover, but the one doesnt preclude caring about the other. :)

THE ONLY SINGLE COVER that really matters for a MODEL's career.

huh right... in your playboy world maybe ? :p

:laugh: :laugh: thanks, taben.

but seriously, i understand that a Vogue or W cover (for example) is incredibly significant in a model's career. i'm not a complete idiot. give me some credit here. however, if a model lands the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue, it automatically guarantees a tremendous amount of press and attention throughout all of the men's magazines, talk-shows, etc. these are the things that a model with a strong personality can use to turn themselves into a successful brand and become an internationally famous supermodel. (see Tyra, Heidi, Rebecca, etc). sure, there are always models like Elsa Benitez who, while gorgeous, lack that *oomph* that would turn them into a household name. but nonetheless, if a model with a whole lotta charisma and success within the high fashion world, like say Karolina Kurkova or Daria Werbowy, landed the SI cover --- it would most certainly bring their fame, and thus fortune and thus SUPERMODEL STATUS to a new, higher level. how many Vogue covers does Daria have? zillions. How famous is she? exactly. if she were on this magazines cover, it would mean the world of difference to her career longevity and financial status. ergo, it would ultimately be the one cover that really truly matters, because it would launch her to a new level. who was Heidi Klum before she was a SI cover model?