Bellazon

News

Neo52285

Gisele Lingerie Ads Slammed in Brazil for Being Sexist What's wrong with being sexy?

Gisele Bündchen offends me. She's preternaturally beautiful, she used to date Leonardo DiCaprio, and she's a multimillionaire entrepreneur. What's not to hate? While that list of reasons is long, it does not include these controversial lingerie ads. I don't see any hideous subtext, but Brazil's Ministry for Women disagrees. The group, which has been successful at having ads banned in the past, said Gisele's TV campaign for Hope lingerie reinforces the stereotype of women as sex objects and "ignores the progress made in ending sexist practices. … It also represents discrimination against women." The commercials show Gisele softening the blow of bad news by delivering it to her husband wearing only stilettos and frilly underthings. Honestly, I didn't hear a word she said. I was too busy wondering where the baby weight went. Bitch!

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/gisele-linge...g-sexist-135362

How and the hell are they sexist?

oho, 60%! :o only Gi can this :D

yes, I love hearing reports like that. I guess Hope Lingerie has been around for over 30 years. This is the highest they've ever seen their sales rise. Only from La Bundchen of course and the "publicity" she seems to brings to brands she endorses, lol.

:laugh:

I can't believe some act like Gisele thought about,directed and produced the commercials, um she's just a spokesmodel. She may have many titles but I don't think director/producer is one of them. (at least not yet) :rofl:

agree choc where is everyone's sense of humor these days?

I liked the writer from Forbe's.com comment:

"Seems like an obviously over-the-top sarcastic ad to me. Some people just don’t have a sense of humor. If you’re going to object to that ad as sexist, then you’d have to object to any lingerie ad as sexist."

Givenchy :clap: some tweets, of course many are excited. :D

LilianPacce LilianPacce

@giseleofficial pra Givenchy! #pfw

@GB65 giovanni bianco

Givenchy now I'm happy to see Gisele at the Givenchy show!

@mamazzafera matheus mazzafera

Gisele Bundchen desfilando para Givenchy!!!!! Todas grita !!!!!

@worldfashionews World Fashion News

It seems that our amazing GISELE will be walking exclusively for Givenchy tonight! We love seeing her on the runway! ROCK it Gisele!

@ELLEBEAUTYTEAM ELLE Beauty

Apparently Gisele is walking for Givenchy.

@Milomonmon Camilo Montoya

Can't wait to see Givenchy @giseleofficial @Poly_Natasha there, Yay best show for sure. Love them

Another Forbe's List...

Entertainment's Highest-Earning Women

In a four-way tie for fourth place are supermodel Gisele Bundchen, Taylor Swift, Ellen DeGeneres and Judge Judy Sheindlin with $45 million each.

To compile our estimates we talked to lawyers, agents, producers and other in-the-know folks to get information on earnings between May 2010 and May 2011. Earnings reflect gross income and do not account for things like taxes and manager fees.

Bundchen went back to work quickly after giving birth to her first child last year but even if she hadnt, she would still be a top earner. Most of her money comes from Gisele for Impanema, a partnership with Brazilian footwear company Grendene. Bundchen also insists on getting paid in Brazilian reals and euros, which helps boost her earnings.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomeran...-earning-women/

Too Sexy for Brazil

Oct 5, 2011 9:13 PM EDT

The Brazilian government attacks a sexy lingerie ad campaign with ubermodel Gisele Bundchen as sexist, prompting cartoons, lampoons—and the underwear company laughing all the way to the bank.

Hopes campaign is vintage Bundchen. Besides the to-die-for body, the Brazilian model has a storied sense of humor that has become a part of her catwalk persona. Joking about Brazils lopsided justice system, which pampers the well-heeled and better-educated prisoners, she once said, "I regret not having a college degree, because say something happens to me, and I wouldnt have the right to a special jail cell.

Hope has been circumspect. A midsize family firm, run by Chayo and her two sisters, the company is one of Brazils top womens intimate-wear brands, with sales growing 15 to 20 percent a year for the last five years. Would Brasilia's clampdown derail Hopes bull run? Though the company is still crunching the numbers since the Gisele imbroglio, Chayo says its sales team has been fielding hundreds of calls and letters from supportive customers. She also says that one prospective American retailer has expressed renewed interest in representing the brand since the controversy broke.

People have shown a good sense of humor over this whole matter, she says, citing the scores of parodies the Bundchen affair has inspired in print and on the Web. We watch the parodies as they come in and just have to laugh. All the way to the bank.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011...m=Cheat%20Sheet

October 7, 2011

Gisele Makes the Shortlist for Green Award

On this Friday, October 7th, the International Green Awards announced the shortlist of nominees that are competing for the International Green Awards’ Best Green International Celebrity Award. The internet users voted, and our Goodwill Ambassador made the cut by receiving outstanding support from her fans. She was joined by Sir Paul McCartney and Miguel Bose as well. The winner will be announced on November 24th, in London.

The International Green Awards aims to recognize the work of those who show a true commitment to the environment. The category Best Green International Celebrity, included this year, has the goal of awarding the ones that use their public image to inspire people around the world to draw attention and raise awareness about the environmental degradation of our Planet.

“I am blessed to have grown up in a family that embraced the importance of nature and community coexisting in harmony. My career in the public eye has given me the opportunity to raise awareness about important socio-environmental causes in the hope of promoting a more conscious relationship with our environment”, commented the model.

Cross your fingers and wait to see if our Goodwill Ambassador is crowned as the big winner. Thank you all for voting for Gisele as the best green celebrity.

http://www.giselebundchen.com/novidades/98...for-green-award

Gisele Bundchen & Tom Brady Put 'Model Home' On Market

Got an extra $10.5 million lying around?

How does a three-bedroom penthouse in one of Boston's most exclusive neighborhoods sound?

New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady and Supermodel Gisele Bundchen have put their Beacon Hill condo on the market. And it looks nice.

It's not likely that the couple is moving far. Tom signed a new contract with the Pats just last year that made him the one of the highest paid players in the NFL. (Could G be expecting again? Son Ben will be 2 in December.)

We'll keep an eye on this one.

http://www.glittarazzi.com/pop-blog/373-tr...10-million.html

post-13850-1318424800_thumb.jpg

From Hope's website

Note to HOPE Clients

In relation to complaints received by this department on behalf of the advertising campaign "HOPE Ensina", HOPE, a company with 45 years of history and which has always excelled very good relationship with their consumers, explains that the objective of the advertising is to show, clearly and well-defined, and in a so good-natured way, that the natural sensuality of the Brazilian woman, recognized worldwide, can be an effective weapon at the time of giving bad news. And that using HOPE lingerie, her power of persuasion will be even greater.

The examples were never intended to appear sexist, but rather an everyday couple. Crashing the car, extrapolating on credit card or having to get a new person in your home indefinitely are unpleasant facts that can happen in the life of any couple, whether the doer is the man or the woman.

It was precisely to avoid being analyzed under the bias of financial dependence or subservience of women that we use the model Gisele Bündchen, one of Brazil''''s most internationally successful women. Gisele is right there to show that all the situations presented in the campaign are jokes, jokes from day to day, and on no account should be taken as disparaging the female figure. It would be absurd if we, who live on the preference of women, took any action underappreciating our consuming public.

Sincerely,

HOPE Lingerie

http://www.hopelingerie.com.br/ch/index.aspx#top

Happy they released that statement. It was obvious it was not sexist. I swear people have too much time on their hands to complain about this stuff!

+1

Gi was building the house in LA yeah ??? :cain: I doubt,they wouldn't move to LA,but it would be so good :blush: maybe more paps pics we would get :cain: who knows :whistle: