Bellazon

Model of the Month

Mousematt

18 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

cleary you don't know how liked Rosie is, i have done 1204981758 competitions while you didn't, i know these things

I guess it depends on the voters and they aren't always the same. Also, the intransitivity plays a role in competitions with one-to-one rounds. BTW, we're supposed to vote on our personal opinions not on the prediction of how other people would vote ;)

So, that's your opinion and I respect it, but I have another one. ;)

9 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I guess it depends on the voters and they aren't always the same. Also, the intransitivity plays a role in competitions with one-to-one rounds. BTW, we're supposed to vote on our personal opinions not on the prediction of how other people would vote ;)

So, that's your opinion and I respect it, but I have another one. ;)

they pretty much are always the same :rofl: there are more "veterans" than new voters..anyway, that's the point of this round, he asked you who you think will lose against Emrata so you need to think about how other people will vote imo, is not just about your opinion

if you said Kate instead then i would have said maybe, i love Kate but she's at the same level of Emrata with a lot of haters and not a lot of fans

1 minute ago, peroxideblonde said:

they pretty much are always the same :rofl: there are more "veterans" than new voters..

The intransitivity (I was sure we'd have some discussion about it at some point :laugh:) means that the choices of the rounds have an importance on the outcome (even when you do successive random matches to try to get more representative results). If A beats B, and B beats C, sometimes A doesn't beat C.

For example, if Rosie wasn't in the list, I would've said "no one", because I believe Emily can't beat anyone else, but my choice means she's Tier 12 (which is quite generous, I have to admit.... :nicole:)

1 minute ago, peroxideblonde said:

he asked you who you think will lose against Emrata so you need to think about how other people will vote imo, is not just about your opinion

Unclear. I think he asks for our opinion (and it's easier than to read other people's minds).

@Mousematt You set the rules, so let us know what's the best interpretation:idk:

It's just your opinion. So if you'd vote for Emily over Rosie then you put Rosie (Even if you think she would beat other models lower down the rankings). It's basically doing 15 matches all at once so we don't have to wait 15 months for unpopular models to drop out of the rankings. I hope that makes sense.

So for example I'm voting for Alexina, Rosie, Isabeli, Hailey, Anthea, Bryana, Ming and Samantha over Emily. But I'd vote for Emily over Simone, so I reply:

Simone Villas Boas

even though I'd vote for all of the models below Simone over Emily

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

there are people who don't like both but since this is a comp based on popularity Rosie wins hands down since she actually have fans while Emrata lol

She has fans, just not here. :rofl:

At the moment the results look like this... (if Enrico votes for Emily to beat Rosie)

Votes                     % of Votes Cast

Tier 11

Alexina Graham 1 8%
Tier 12 Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 1 17%
Tier 13 Isabeli Fontana   17%
Tier 14 Hailey Clauson   17%
Tier 15 Anthea Page   17%
Tier 16 Bryana Holly   17%
Tier 17 Ming Xi 2 33%
Tier 18 Samantha Gradoville   33%
Tier 19 Simone Villas Boas 2 50%
Tier 20 Kate Upton 3 75%
Tier 21 Imaan Hammam 1 83%
Tier 22 Niamh Adkins   83%
Tier 23 Hailey Outland   83%
Tier 24 Xenia Deli 1 92%
Tier 25 Noel Berry   92%
  No-one 1 100%

When Emily reaches 50% of votes cast she stops the drop, so at the moment she would end up beating Simone Villas Boas and so stop at the bottom of Tier 18, with Simone one place below her at the top of Tier 19. All the models she has beaten (Alexina down to Samantha) would move up one place into the next Tier (so Alexina would take Emily's place in Tier 10 and so on)

So obviously if you just there's nothing stopping you voting tactically, either to drop her all the way to #101 by saying no-one, or to keep her where she is by saying Alexina. 

35 minutes ago, Mousematt said:

It's just your opinion. So if you'd vote for Emily over Rosie then you put Rosie (Even if you think she would beat other models lower down the rankings). It's basically doing 15 matches all at once so we don't have to wait 15 months for unpopular models to drop out of the rankings. I hope that makes sense.

Yes, it's clear. It's the way I voted.

BTW, thanks for adding new rules like this one, it adds some fun :thumbs_up:

13 minutes ago, Mousematt said:

At the moment the results look like this... (if Enrico votes for Emily to beat Rosie)

Actually, I'm having second thoughts...:angel: I think I might've been too generous (even if I don't like Rosie either). So, if you allow me to change my vote :angel:, I'll have this strategic vote you talked about, and I'll say "no one".

7 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Actually, I'm having second thoughts...:angel: I think I might've been too generous (even if I don't like Rosie either). So, if you allow me to change my vote :angel:, I'll have this strategic vote you talked about, and I'll say "no one".

No problem