Bellazon

Model of the Month

Mousematt

57 minutes ago, Clauds said:

you may have answered this before but I didn't see, but how do you determine who wins in case of a tie?

If it's a tie they stay in the tier they were in - so in the Tanya V Rosie match Rosie was the 'Challenger' from Tier 12 and stays in Tier 12. Tanya was in Tier 11and stays in Tier 11, which means she plays the next day when Tier 11 challenge Tier 10.

The positions within each tier are determined by the score in the model's last match, so the tie makes Rosie top of Tier 12 and Tanya bottom of Tier 11. 

(Oh, and it's always the higher tier model on the left in the matchups, so the name on the left will always be the one going through if it's a tie)

3 minutes ago, Mousematt said:

If it's a tie they stay in the tier they were in - so in the Tanya V Rosie match Rosie was the 'Challenger' from Tier 12 and stays in Tier 12. Tanya was in Tier 11and stays in Tier 11, which means she plays the next day when Tier 11 challenge Tier 10.

The positions within each tier are determined by the score in the model's last match, so the tie makes Rosie top of Tier 12 and Tanya bottom of Tier 11. 

(Oh, and it's always the higher tier model on the left in the matchups, so the name on the left will always be the one going through if it's a tie)

Cool! Makes sense now, I've seen a couple of ties and wasn't sure how it worked. Thanks for explaining :) 

Can't wait for the Hannah domination to carry on #ModelOfTheYear

45 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Can't wait for the Hannah domination to carry on #ModelOfTheYear

I hadn't worked out exactly what sort of end of year titles would be awarded or how they would be decided; whether it would just be whoever got the most Model of the Month titles, or based on average positions or whatever. now it seems like it doesn't matter, there's no way that Hannah isn't going to be the Model Of The Year!

Results

Alexina Graham 8 V Elizabeth Turner 11

Hanna Edwinson 11 V Tanya Mityushina 8

Kelsey Merritt 11 V Robin Holzken 8

Sofia Jamora 2 V Alina Kirchiu 17

Tier 10

Alina Kirchiu

Hanna Edwinson

Kelsey Merritt

Elizabeth Turner

Tier 11

Alexina Graham

Robin Holzken

Tanya Mityushina

Sofia Jamora

(You can view the current Top 101 here)

Model Focus - Daniela Lopez Osorio

Daniela hasn't picked up a win yet in this competition. Maybe May will be her month, although she'll have to overcome the on-form Kelsey Merritt.

Stats Card.png

Matches Played

Vita Sidorkina L 3 8
Carmella Rose L 4 8
Clara Alonso L 3 7
Celine Farach L 7 11

3 hours ago, Mousematt said:

So basically the House (Defender) wins in an event of a  tie.

2 hours ago, Mousematt said:

I hadn't worked out exactly what sort of end of year titles would be awarded or how they would be decided; whether it would just be whoever got the most Model of the Month titles, or based on average positions or whatever. now it seems like it doesn't matter, there's no way that Hannah isn't going to be the Model Of The Year!

Maybe the competition can be tweaked next year where the model of the month qualifies for the model of the year competition. This would ensure a new model of the month every month.

That's just a suggestion tweak for next year................... it's just a suggestion and you can run it how you want.

5 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Maybe the competition can be tweaked next year where the model of the month qualifies for the model of the year competition. This would ensure a new model of the month every month.

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll have a think about it. Part of the idea of the competition was to have a constantly updating list of the most popular models, so I was expecting some repeat wins, but maybe not the dominance that Hannah has had. In a way I quite like it, and she won't win forever (surely?). Equally I don't want it to get boring. One option I've been thinking about is having 6 models in each tier (so 151 in total) and then having the Champion enter in the semi-final. I'll carry on like this for a bit and see what people think.

6 minutes ago, Mousematt said:

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll have a think about it. Part of the idea of the competition was to have a constantly updating list of the most popular models, so I was expecting some repeat wins, but maybe not the dominance that Hannah has had. In a way I quite like it, and she won't win forever (surely?). Equally I don't want it to get boring. One option I've been thinking about is having 6 models in each tier (so 151 in total) and then having the Champion enter in the semi-final. I'll carry on like this for a bit and see what people think.

Of course, it's your competition, so do what you like best.

I don't think anyone could have guessed exactly how it would have played out until we started seeing results. In participating in comps here, I have noticed the same models may win many competitions (in the past, Candice, more recently Lais), but eventually people want someone else to win. Hannah won't win forever. Whoever replaces her may win for a while and the next model after that may do the same. I think the format of this tends to result in a lot of change in the middle, but less change at the top, which makes sense.

That was too long, so I'll stop.   :smile: