Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

@Souled-Out it will be aired and probably well edited too, at least compared oto the other mess, because if you look at the press around today there's only one thing they are all showing: Adriana's own segment and her goodbye. People expect that, many will watch just to see Adriana's last time on the VS runway, they have to do it, it's their own interest to get press and viewers.

3 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

More than likely, you know VS likes to chop and screw model's walks these days lol

This is why I'm hoping that it isn't just an hour... there will by so many flashing cuts going by with all of these segments.

As expected, Ed & Monica’s interview with Vogue is starting to go viral on twitter and people are not happy. 

Usually, social media outrage stays on social media but I don’t think this will. 

Ed really stuck his whole ass foot in his mouth. There’s a difference between not wanting to pander or be politically correct and straight up using an outdated business model with lame justifications for it.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

VS didn’t do Candice dirty at all this year, she chose that outfit HERSELF for Golden Girls :hang: sis wtf were you thinking?? Could’ve at least requested Romee’s closing outfit

I was actually thinking the same. She's posting that outfit everywhere, she fucking loved it :rofl:

2 minutes ago, tippi12 said:

As expected, Ed & Monica’s interview with Vogue is starting to go viral on twitter and people are not happy. 

Usually, social media outrage stays on social media but I don’t think this will. 

Ed really stuck his whole ass foot in his mouth. There’s a difference between not wanting to pander or be politically correct and straight up using an outdated business model with lame justifications for it.

Agreed. You don't have to put trans or plus models in your show but you have to tip toe around that subject carefully or face public outcry.

He knows what he said and did so he has to be prepared to deal with what fallout may come.

1 hour ago, tippi12 said:

I agree. I am shocked that he felt that was a good idea. I am not against their personal decision but what he said was so fucking tone deaf and not a good idea for a brand. And its so stupid because I have a feeling Adriana's departure will help this show views and press. Its everywhere, even the shaderoom lol. I am pretty sure whoever is next to leave in the future, it won't be announced on places like the shaderoom. They are getting universal press and attention from this, don't make a damn statement thats gonna cause people to be turned off.

Agree I can understand that VS trademark is (more was right now if we watch the new models each eyar...) to gift you an hour of fairy tale fantasy on tv with the most gorgeous and famous models in the world who also have a personality and you can feel connected with, thanks to the documentary parts. You forget your daily routine with its problems and then you should buy their products because they should make you feel part of that fantasy world too at home. With all due respect to any gender, there aren't yet any very famous trans models and we as public aren't used to see them in high profile fashion jobs, so inserting them into that fantasy moment would change it making our attention go all there on them instead of having our "escapist" happy moment, not having all genders equality being a big issue we have to live with daily, that we don't want to be shown when we are tryin to forget the problems for a moment of happy fantasy. Or at least that's my humble opinion on the matter.

But Ed really acted dumb throwing it out there in such a rude way, it was disrespectful and gender-racist.

Thanks @PinkCouture for all the amazing work on posting! Love the Josh Wong photos:heart: