Bellazon

6 hours ago, tipi12 said:

Very happy to see many more black/brown faces than in previous years. Probably the most ethnically/racially diverse show of theirs that I've noted in recent years. Still, they could tone it down on hiring a plethora of girls that look exactly like each other. I was looking at backstage pics on Vogue.com and like: 

5a1985b6930cf_ScreenShot2017-11-25at10_00_35AM.thumb.png.f11d352be9c3d70daecb754635690f8a.png

You can't convince me that this is not just a picture of Devon and the same girl replicated three times. 

I was going to ignore this but a big part of me couldn’t because I just find it wrong. These girls all look different, they don’t look the same. Please don’t say this kind of bs that the white blonde girls are replicated and all look the same. Because if it were this picture and someone said they all look the same there would be racism being shouted and fights between people and what not. I love that VS are more diverse but don’t bring down other girls in the process.

28377AD0-A5BA-44CC-A024-AE5F3A42262B.thumb.jpeg.b3421696ccdc4acd3792b1bcab67ca00.jpeg

I have to back @tipi12 up on this because I thought the same when I saw the picture of the blondes. I couldn’t even tell them apart at first. Nothing to do with race issues. I think it’s more of a reflection on VS representing a very specific beauty standard, so a lot of their girls look alike.

5 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I was going to ignore this but a big part of me couldn’t because I just find it wrong. These girls all look different, they don’t look the same. Please don’t say this kind of bs that the white blonde girls are replicated and all look the same. Because if it were this picture and someone said they all look the same there would be racism being shouted and fights between people and what not. I love that VS are more diverse but don’t bring down other girls in the process.

28377AD0-A5BA-44CC-A024-AE5F3A42262B.thumb.jpeg.b3421696ccdc4acd3792b1bcab67ca00.jpeg

Yes +100

I have mentioned this numerous times before but I think many of them look alike not b/c of racial or ethnicity reasons but b/c VS puts them in similar makeup, hair and styling. It is like they have a specific standard of beauty  and they make all the models look as close to it as possible.

victoria lee and megan williams look the most similar to me, but i just don't see how one can say devon, roos, megan, and nadine are soooo similar that you can't tell them apart. i get not being fans of the models/familiar with them, but they aren't carbon copies of one another by any means.

4 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I have mentioned this numerous times before but I think many of them look alike not b/c of racial or ethnicity reasons but b/c VS puts them in similar makeup, hair and styling. It is like they have a specific standard of beauty  and they make all the models look as close to it as possible.

I agree 100%. I had the same issues with when we were trying to figure out the Asian models. It’s fine being mixed up because that’s understandable. But saying it’s the same girl replicated 4x just doesn’t sit right to me because I find it a double standard.

Just now, PinkCouture said:

I think most of us could tell them apart but the average person might not bc VS makes them look similar. However if they took away the makeup, hair and styling, most people should easily tell all of them apart :smile: 

Was Roos always that blonde? I thought her hair was darker.

2 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I agree 100%. I had the same issues with when we were trying to figure out the Asian models. It’s fine being mixed up because that’s understandable. But saying it’s the same girl replicated 4x just doesn’t sit right to me because I find it a double standard.

They difinitely did the same thing to the Chinese models bc in their pre-show candids it was easy to tell them apart but in the show they look similar :cain:   Speaking of Chinese models, WTF did they do to Estelle!? They made her look like she’s in her 40s!!! :dry: 

I don’t think they look like replicas, more like women who are part of the same clique or group so they are all trying to look alike :p 

What do you mean by double standards? :smile: 

3 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

They difinitely did the same thing to the Chinese models bc in their pre-show candids it was easy to tell them apart but in the show they look similar :cain:   Speaking of Chinese models, WTF did they do to Estelle!? They made her look like she’s in her 40s!!! :dry: 

I don’t think they look like replicas, more like women who are part of the same clique or group so they are all trying to look alike :p 

What do you mean by double standards? :smile: 

Lmfao the girls were definitely sticking to their cliques that’s for sure :rofl:

By double standard I meant that for example if I had said the group of black girls were replicas of each other there would be quite an issue of racism and what not brought up. I know generally there’s no issue with this I’m not usually triggered by race or ethnic group talk. But I just think saying any girl is a replica of another based on whether they are all blonde white girls or all black girls shouldn’t be said. But doesn’t matter at least we can all have a good discussion about it and no one gets all angry and shiz.