Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

Confessions of a Social Constructionist

https://quillette.com/2019/09/17/i-basically-just-made-it-up-confessions-of-a-social-constructionist/

The problem is: I was wrong. Or, to be a bit more accurate, I got things partly right. But then, for the rest, I basically just made it up.

In my defence, I wasn’t alone. Everyone was (and is) making it up. That’s how the gender-studies field works.

@Stromboli1  @Prettyphile @CandleVixen If you haven't read this article yet, check it out,  it's golden. :smoker:  

This guy is a Professor in a Canadian university and he explains how ideology made him (and most of his colleagues) falsify a lot of his work in the "gender-studies" field... That's very courageous from him to write all this (it's not easy to recognize mistakes and he's gonna annoy a lot of fanatics).

20 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Academia is bogus............. they don't teach anymore just indoctrinate besides not cutting it in the real world.

Not the academia as a whole. Its mostly the North American universities for social science: they are the real deleterious ones.  Universities in other fields and in other part of the world are (relatively) safe (for now :idk: )

In fact, social science academics in the US/Canada are an interesting research subject for.... social science! :laugh: These guys are fascinating: they are knowledgeable, pretty smart and well educated on social phenomena, and yet... they are greatly susceptible to peer pressure, groupthink and basically herd behaviour. :DanniCullen:

I suspect a lot of them know it (conscioulsy or not), but it's hard to resist (and they fear for their career).:forgetting_wft:

39 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Not the academia as a whole. Its mostly the North American universities for social science: they are the real deleterious ones.  Universities in other fields and in other part of the world are (relatively) safe (for now :idk: )

In fact, social science academics in the US/Canada are an interesting research subject for.... social science! :laugh: These guys are fascinating: they are knowledgeable, pretty smart and well educated on social phenomena, and yet... they are greatly susceptible to peer pressure, groupthink and basically herd behaviour. :DanniCullen:

I suspect a lot of them know it (conscioulsy or not), but it's hard to resist (and they fear for their career).:forgetting_wft:

Liberal Arts colleges are littered with out of touch with the real world professors.

The embassy mission in COD:MW resembles the Michael Bay film about Bengazi.  The irony is that  "13 hours : The secret soldiers of Bengazi " is probably the most Call of Duty/3d shooter like movie ever made.  Who is influencing who now? :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/AFGuidesHD/videos

Call of Duty as a movie:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-bob-iger-says-george-lucas-felt-betrayed-by-star-wars-plans-1242953

Bob Iger Reveals George Lucas Felt "Betrayed" by Disney's 'Star Wars' Plans

No kidding! Disney are sadists. They're just a bunch of rich snobs who buy stuff from the creative people, just to screw things up in the end :ermm:

Disney and their SJW crew are disgusting bullies :yucky:   Their political correctness cult is a whim from heartless rich people.

39 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Robert Pattinson is the most interesting choice to play the character since Michael Keaton.

The "most interesting choice"? That's a pretty strong statement and I don't see how you back that up. :DanniCullen:

Batman is a dark character with a lot of moral and physical strength. He has an inner darkness and sometimes he walk the line between good and evil. Pattinson is an "alright actor" (even good sometimes), but his profile doesn't match this role IMHO. Even if he works on his acting, he's still too androgynous.

Now, I understand that, in 2019, in woke Hollywood, any man that looks more dangerous than a gerbil in a cage is seen as "full of toxic masculinity", but if they want an androgynous hero, they can invent their own original story, not distort old ones.

39 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Considering we are coming from Ben fucking Affleck, it's an enormous upgrade.

I don't think anyone will defend poor Ben's version of Batman here, but that's not an argument for Pattinson. :laugh:

Before Ben, it was Christian Bale and his Batman was really great.

Okay, so I've just realised what Kate Moss' last name means. I never met this word before in English, but now that I want to make moss art I had to check it. And I find it so funny that I had to post it here. (oh and wrong topic but wc) 

11 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The "most interesting choice"? That's a pretty strong statement and I don't see how you back that up. :DanniCullen:

Batman is a dark character with a lot of moral and physical strength. He has an inner darkness and sometimes he walk the line between good and evil. Pattinson is an "alright actor" (even good sometimes), but his profile doesn't match this role IMHO. Even if he works on his acting, he's still too androgynous.

Now, I understand that, in 2019, in woke Hollywood, any man that looks more dangerous than a gerbil in a cage is seen as "full of toxic masculinity", but if they want an androgynous hero, they can invent their own original story, not distort old ones.

I don't think anyone will defend poor Ben's version of Batman here, but that's not an argument for Pattinson. :laugh:

Before Ben, it was Christian Bale and his Batman was really great.

Have you seen his work in "The Lost City of Z", "Good Time", "Damsel", ... ?

I feel like too many people are still associating him with the Twilight movies but he has morphed into a very interesting character actor since then.

That's what I mean with interesting choice, he is not your average leading man.

^ I didn't talk about Twilight, it's an older movie and I didn't watch it, so I can't really judge him based on that (though it's true that based on a couple of pics from the movie, you can quickly see that he looks really androgynous in it)

Even in most recent movies like the Lost City of Z he looks androgynous. It's not his fault, that's his persona. He can be a really good actor or whatever, he's not gonna look like Batman.

My guess is that, once again, Woke Hollywood wants to tear down their heritage, especially the masculine figures, because, you know, masculinity is "tooooxic". :ermm: