Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

This fashion trend:

rBVaV1w0G2iAM7B9AAEtjsDR2nY862.jpg

Puffer Jackets have been popular for about 6-7 years or so and, while highly practical and comfortable- they are bad fashion sense.  Too many people are wearing these cheaply made, synthetic stuffed jackets.  They have this "poverty" feel and remind me of the the hundreds of millions of padded jackets/pants worn by the communist chinese, north koreans, and soviets.984660d1469702649-real-post-ww2-telogrei

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Another proof that the shills from the access media have biased critics... the discrepancy between them and the audience is impressive.:idk:

710343025_BatwomanRT.thumb.JPG.f301e70ef39d0642ec93d6809e0a5051.JPG

You can find discrepancies like that for new and old shows and movies, some that look like this and some that favor the audience score. There are many different reasons this happens.

As for this particular show, you may be right about the reason. Since I haven't watched it, I don't have an opinion.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Another proof that the shills from the access media have biased critics... the discrepancy between them and the audience is impressive.:idk:

710343025_BatwomanRT.thumb.JPG.f301e70ef39d0642ec93d6809e0a5051.JPG

On 12/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, jkjk said:

You can find discrepancies like that for new and old shows and movies, some that look like this and some that favor the audience score. There are many different reasons this happens.

As for this particular show, you may be right about the reason. Since I haven't watched it, I don't have an opinion.

They're paid to be biased because the studios own part of the media. Look at Disney and all the media companies they own.

If they actually made good stories with good characters instead of sacrificing it with Woke (identity politics) crap and attacking fans that call them out on this bullshit there would be no problems.

I'll never watch The Wokemen.

57 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Prettyphile @Stromboli1

Remember when CNN said that the NPC memes were "dehumanizing"?

Now, CNN calls everyone with a different opinion a "Russian bot". Isn't that a little... dehumanizing? :DanniCullen:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/13/entertainment/star-wars-trolls-trnd/index.html

Does CNN have any credibility left, their narratives have been debunked time after time?

51 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Prettyphile @Stromboli1

Remember when CNN said that the NPC memes were "dehumanizing"?

Now, CNN calls everyone with a different opinion a "Russian bot". Isn't that a little... dehumanizing? :DanniCullen:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/13/entertainment/star-wars-trolls-trnd/index.html

Also, it's funny how the word "toxic" is now used as a political tool. It's a "signal word" to mark the "bad guys". The mainstream media take the reader for a fool, so they feel the need to identify what is good and what is evil with simple words............ :banghead:

The destruction of words...

16 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

They're paid to be biased because the studios own part of the media. Look at Disney and all the media companies they own.

If they actually made good stories with good characters instead of sacrificing it with Woke (identity politics) crap and attacking fans that call them out on this bullshit there would be no problems.

I'll never watch The Wokemen.

When I responded to the other post,  I was actually thinking of how there have been studies done on how easy it easy for a group to push audience/user scores (up or down).

But the critics scores are influenced too, certainly. I'm not sure that it's always direct pressure as much as it's a case of critics feeling like they are supposed to go a certain way on a show or movie.

Here's a non-political example that has not been confirmed but I would be surprised if it's not true: I really think critics felt like they had to like The Irishman long before they ever saw it. That has to influence your review, even if you don't realize it.

4 hours ago, jkjk said:

When I responded to the other post,  I was actually thinking of how there have been studies done on how easy it easy for a group to push audience/user scores (up or down).

Yep, that's the reason I trust word of mouth from my network of friends over critics' opinions and rating sites.

4 hours ago, jkjk said:

But the critics scores are influenced too, certainly. I'm not sure that it's always direct pressure as much as it's a case of critics feeling like they are supposed to go a certain way on a show or movie.

Here's a non-political example that has not been confirmed but I would be surprised if it's not true: I really think critics felt like they had to like The Irishman long before they ever saw it. That has to influence your review, even if you don't realize it.

It's either they're on the take in some sort of fashion and/or their job is on the line.

There's always personal bias in almost every human interactions.

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Yep, that's the reason I trust word of mouth from my network of friends over critics' opinions and rating sites.

It's either they're on the take in some sort of fashion and/or their job is on the line.

The majority of film reviewers/film school students are very LIBERAL and pretentious my entire life.  Films that have conservative messages will get some degree of deflation.  Claiming some tinfoil plot may be going too far.

RT has been generally reliable for determining whether a film is good or bad; I've been using that for a long time.  But it is not reliable in fine gradients; eg. if a film is RT 70% it is not necessarily worse than a RT 90%.  But most of the time it is.

6 hours ago, jkjk said:

Yep, Scorsese and other popular directors get inflated scores.  Also, certain high budget flicks like PIXAR films and Superhero films seem to get inflated scores.  I think Marvel films are extremely dull/formulaic in an objective sense but they tend to get high scores as if they're works of film art...

In recent years I've lost interest in films and have gravitated towards certain tv shows.  Films just don't do it for me as a medium anymore and I find them boring/formulaic.  Part it comes from reading/listening to some books/audiocourses on screenplay writing and story telling structures.  Once I learned the structures, it lowered my enjoyment of film in general.

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The majority of film reviewers/film school students are very LIBERAL and pretentious my entire life.  Films that have conservative messages will get some degree of deflation.  Claiming some tinfoil plot may be going too far.

RT has been generally reliable for determining whether a film is good or bad; I've been using that for a long time.  But it is not reliable in fine gradients; eg. if a film is RT 70% it is not necessarily worse than a RT 90%.  But most of the time it is.

I know Hollywood has been always very liberal. My issue with them now is a sacrificing the story, characters, and legacy characters to try to cash in on identity politics.

I don't use Rotten Tomatoes at all, but it's funny to see the disparity between the critics' and audience's scores.

16 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

not likely given the (R) bias of the Senate but I want to see Trump impeached.  It might make politics not insanely boring and tedious anymore...

I mis identified the House- I always confuse the two names of the houses. And I passed civics and government classes! 😅