Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

4 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Same here! Not idealistic so much as evolved thinking :yes:

By repeating the mainstream media tropes and twists and turns- you're part of the operations of influence.  Basically you are the same as the Fox news guys, but the other side.  I hate to say this, but you guys are being played.

I just finished 3,000 pages of study on the issue of media and politics- things were the same in the 1960s as they were today- go figure.  

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

That's your loss.:)

If it is then so be it :yes:  You do what you think is best and I will do what I think is best :thumbs_up:  I am not going to convince you that I am right b/c I am not you nor do I know what is right for you or anyone else :no2: With that said, I am going to continue to be me and you could continue to be you :D 

The only person you need to answer to at the end of the day is yourself. If you are being true to yourself, being the best person you can be, doing what you think is right, and wiling to live & learn, then it's all good :thumbs_up:

25 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

If it is then so be it :yes:  You do what you think is best and I will do what I think is best :thumbs_up:  I am not going to convince you that I am right b/c I am not you nor do I know what is right for you or anyone else :no2: With that said, I am going to continue to be me and you could continue to be you :D 

The only person you need to answer to at the end of the day is yourself. If you are being true to yourself, being the best person you can be, doing what you think is right, and wiling to live & learn, then it's all good :thumbs_up:

Nope,

It's called a discussion of differing views- pretty normal when people discuss politics.  If you cannot discuss a different view and only discuss with like-minded types *(Democrats) than I've not read things correctly and I apologize for being rude.  It was not my intent to be rude, but only to discuss.

Actually, my principles are likely to be very similar to yours, but definitely not my understanding of how things work.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with discussions. This is how we learn and progress, especially listening to those who's POVs that are different from your own. However it is not ok to impose your opinions & views upon others as an absolute, and if there is a disagreement come off as patronizing and condescending. It is often the delivering than the mesaage that causes miscommunication and misunderstandings. When a message is presented in a patronizing and condescending way, it is difficult to receive and hear the point of the message. Also understanding does not always mean agreement. You could understand something and  disagree with it. That's ok. What works for one person might not work for someone else.

And you are right we do share a few similar principles and opinions. There have been a few times I've agreed with you. I listen and consider everyone's opinions

and try to understand where they are coming from.

I am more than willing to hear what others have to say, as long as they are not imposing their opinions and views, and they are not causing or inflicting danger, harm or distress upon me or my loved ones.

21 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I agree, there is nothing wrong with discussions. This is how we learn and progress, especially listening to those who's POVs that are different from your own. However it is not ok to impose your opinions & views upon others as an absolute, and if there is a disagreement come off as patronizing and condescending. It is often the delivering than the mesaage that causes miscommunication and misunderstandings. When a message is presented in a patronizing and condescending way, it is difficult to receive and hear the point of the message. Also understanding does not always mean agreement. You could understand something and  disagree with it. That's ok. What works for one person might not work for someone else.

And you are right we do share a few similar principles and opinions. There have been a few times I've agreed with you. I listen and consider everyone's opinions

and try to understand where they are coming from.

I am more than willing to hear what others have to say, as long as they are not imposing their opinions and views, and they are not causing or inflicting danger, harm or distress upon me or my loved ones.

I am sure that you are, but it seems that you are reading my confident and assertive exchanges- the same type of exchanges I use eveyrwhere- as being hostile and malice in character, which has surprised me here.  

The problem here is that you often think that I am "patronizing and condescending" to you or others personally when I discuss things.  This has come up in the past: I have no such emotion or inclination.  When I describe the Democratic party as running as sophisticated and highly effective political machine, it is not meant to personally hurt anybody who has strong loyalties towards it and its opinion leaders. Ditto, when you make characterizations of Trump voters and the Republican political machine, I assume that you are not attacking anybody personally.

emphasis mine: I do not hold malice towards you or anybody.  It's just average political discussion to me.

We could keep on discussing this but I don't think anything constructive or productive will come out of it---not now at

least. If you disagree or want to keep "discussing" then go ahead, but I am out bc I have nothing more to say. Which brings back to this post: 

Whether it is my "lost" or not, it is my choice and my business---not anyone else's. 

4 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Okay buddy, pat yourself on the back for a job well done! :cain:

I believe that this is about politics, not about my posting style.  My political content clearly upsets some people.  Lay off the personal attacks.

edit:  I just re-read my posts in the last page and cannot find evidence of bullying.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

I believe that this is about politics, not about my posting style.  My political content clearly upsets some people.  Lay off the personal attacks.

edit:  I just re-read my posts in the last page and cannot find evidence of bullying.

I've mentioned many times that people "can't smell their own stink". Perhaps you need to carfully disect your approch if you want to attract a robust conversation rather than crickets chirping. To put it simply, you can come off very condescending and abrasive in your counter arguments. Anyone can do the such, but not everyone can capture and captivate an audience. 

I'm not sure if I agree that the Democratic party is a highly sophisticated political machine. There are serious issues with both their 2016 tactics (e.g. not spending enough money and time on the rust belt) and the way they have been handling the lead-up to 2018 (which they should make all about healthcare imho). The Russia stuff is juicy, but they should leave that to the F.B.I.

If you have watched some of the footage from GOP town halls since the Obamacare repeal, the attack ads more or less write themselves.

9 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

I've mentioned many times that people "can't smell their own stink". Perhaps you need to carfully disect your approch if you want to attract a robust conversation rather than crickets chirping. To put it simply, you can come off very condescending and abrasive in your counter arguments. Anyone can do the such, but not everyone can capture and captivate an audience. 

Where is the evidence of "abrasive and condescending?"  The majority of my posts are not, and are rather dry.  You seem to have a different understanding of what a political discussion is.  It has some back and forth dynamics, some disagreement, plus a little pressure.  How are my responses different from the back and forth I've had with SS for the past week?  Very little.

You've largely been attacking Trump and his supporters the whole thread so...?

At this point I don't think PC's issue is towards my posting style here but a long standing personal issue she has with me

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I'm not sure if I agree that the Democratic party is a highly sophisticated political machine. There are serious issues with both their 2016 tactics (e.g. not spending enough money and time on the rust belt) and the way they have been handling the lead-up to 2018 (which they should make all about healthcare imho). The Russia stuff is juicy, but they should leave that to the F.B.I.

If you have watched some of the footage from GOP town halls since the Obamacare repeal, the attack ads more or less write themselves.

I could go into detail as to why, but with the election (to use a metaphor) it's a case of the superior army being defeated by bad generalship, forces outside its control, and some differing tactics on the other side.  The superiority of the institution is still there and is active now.

The Washington Post floated a study recently that showed that Democrats hate Trump, Independents dislike Trump, and Conservatives support Trump.  That's most of the electorate not liking trump now.

I personally find the Democrats to have a flawed understanding of their political enemies.