Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

Remember, Alternative Facts are still facts in an alternative universe :p Moving onto "Fake News" accusations, that's what Eric Trump is calling this...

Eric Trump Reportedly Bragged About Access to $100 Million in Russian Money

The federal investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia appears to be proceeding in fits and starts. The House Intelligence Committee, which was once taking point, began on strong footing with a blockbuster hearing featuring F.B.I. director James Comey and National Security Agency director Mike Rogers, but quickly fell prey to congressional politics. Chairman Devin Nunes stepped away from the probe amid revelations that he had been coordinating with the Trump administration—one of the targets of the inquiry he was supposedly leading. A hearing that was to feature testimony from former acting attorney general Sally Yates, among others with potentially crucial information, was abruptly, and mysteriously, delayed as the investigation ground to a halt. Now, with the momentum having shifted to the intelligence committee in the Senate, Yates will finally speak her piece Thursday morning in what is expected to be another day of bad press for the White House.

But perhaps the F.B.I., House, Senate, and Justice Department could all save themselves some time by simply speaking directly with Trump’s second son, Eric Trump—or better yet, catching him for a few minutes on the golf course. Golf writer James Dodson apparently had such luck in 2014, when he visited the elder Trump’s new golf course in North Carolina at the urging of a P.R. flack. “He kept saying things like, ‘Oh, Donald Trump loves your books,’” he told WBUR over the weekend. “And I kept saying, ‘Donald Trump doesn’t read books, I’m told. And he hadn’t a clue who I am.’ Anyway, he called three or four times. Finally, I said yes.”

Dodson had planned to play nine holes with Trump and Eric, along with pro golfer Greg Norman and Trump’s bodyguard, and when he got there, Dodson asked where Trump was getting money. “He just sort of tossed off that he had access to $100 million,” said Dodson, whose curiosity was piqued: “So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

Eric Trump responded on Twitter that the story is “completely fabricated and just another example of why there is such a deep distrust of the media in our country.” If what Dodson says is true, it wouldn’t be the first time that the Trumps have been connected to Russian money. A number of reports have indicated the Trump Organization received substantial financing from Russia when the business was struggling in the mid 1990s and again during the Great Recession, since major U.S. banks had refused to loan money to him. Most recently, Reuters reported that a group of 63 Russia billionaires have invested nearly $100 million in several Trump properties in Florida. Donald Trump Jr. himself famously said in 2008 that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Donald Trump has maintained that neither he nor his businesses have any ties to Russia whatsoever: It is not clear from the details of Dodson’s conversation with WBUR whether his conversation with Eric took place before or after March 2014, when the U.S. imposed economic sanctions on Russia for its annexation of Crimea. The Trump campaign subsequently made lifting those sanctions and seeking improved relations a key component of its proposed foreign policy, and reportedly fought to change the G.O.P. platform in 2016 to soften its language on supporting Ukraine. “It’s a recollection from some guy three years ago through a third person,” Eric told the New York Post shortly after the story broke. He denied that the Russians had any involvement in the North Carolina property, saying that the Trumps “own our courses free and clear.”

vanityfair.com
Original source:
http://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/05/05/james-dodson-donald-trump-golf

8 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

jL4h19E.png Call Russian connection fake news in tweets

J9lUf7U.png Change your Twitter banner to be a quote from your Russia tweets

0Xc3CqN.png Fire the head of the FBI during Russia investigations, using the AG who recused himself from said investigation

uIsT5Xy.png Say it was because he was too mean to Hillary

I am getting the feeling that they aren't too bright a bunch.

10 hours ago, elfstone said:

I'm still inclined to believe Comey was fired because Trump wants an abslute loyalist running the bureau.   This whole Russiagate stuff seems too good to be true :/

^ Give it time! The way things are materializing, we should have a lot of this out in the open before the midterm elections...at least I hope!

4 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ Give it time! The way things are materializing, we should have a lot of this out in the open before the midterm elections...at least I hope!

There is strong chatter of up to 25 sealed indictments. If those aren't related to the Russia investigation, you would have to ask yourself, what else is there?

Sean Spicer literally hid in the bushes to avoid answering questions about James Comey's firing

White House press secretary Sean Spicer reportedly hid behind bushes on the White House grounds for several minutes Tuesday evening, as staffers sought to respond to the frenzy of media questions over President Donald Trump's abrupt firing of FBI Director James Comey. Spicer had wanted to return to his office after conducting an interview with Fox Business, but was unable to do so without running into a throng of reporters on his way there, The Washington Post reported.

He only emerged from the bushes after an executive assistant in the press office, Janet Montesi, reportedly confirmed that he would answer reporters' questions so long as they didn't film him. "Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off," Spicer told the reporters. "We'll take care of this ... Can you just turn that light off?" Spicer, Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway, and Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders had all taken to the White House grounds on Tuesday amid a firestorm of media questions and criticisms from Democrats and Republicans alike.

Spicer eventually spoke with reporters for roughly 10 minutes, reportedly standing in the dark between two hedges as he answered and dodged various questions on Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein's role in the probe into Comey, the timing of Comey's firing, and the grand-jury subpoenas that were reportedly issued in an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. Spicer will get a respite from the media's Comey questions on Wednesday, as Sarah Huckabee Sanders is set to fill in for him during the daily press briefings for the remainder of the week.

aol.com

Lap57hbn.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Now for some Russia-Related News...

Trump Bars U.S. Press, but Not Russia’s, at Meeting With Russian Officials

Spoiler

When President Trump met with top Russian officials in the Oval Office on Wednesday, White House officials barred reporters from witnessing the moment. They apparently preferred to block coverage of the awkwardly timed visit as questions swirled about whether the president had dismissed his F.B.I. director in part to squelch the investigation into possible ties between his campaign and Moscow.

But the Russians, who have a largely state-run media, brought their own press contingent in the form of an official photographer. They quickly filled the vacuum with their own pictures of the meeting with Mr. Trump, Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, and Sergey I. Kislyak, Moscow’s ambassador to the United States.

Within minutes of the meeting, the Foreign Ministry had posted photographs on Twitter of Mr. Trump and Mr. Lavrov smiling and shaking hands. The Russian embassy posted images of the president grinning and gripping hands with the ambassador. Tass, Russia’s official news agency, released more photographs of the three men laughing together in the Oval Office. The White House released nothing.

The result was a public relations coup of sorts for Russia and Mr. Lavrov in particular, who not only received a collegial Oval Office welcome from the president, but the photographic evidence to prove it. By contrast, when Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson traveled to Moscow last month, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia kept him waiting for hours before granting him an audience at the Kremlin. Then, too, Mr. Tillerson left his American press contingent behind.

Mr. Kislyak has figured prominently in the furor surrounding the Trump team’s contacts with Moscow. It was conversations between the ambassador and Michael T. Flynn, the president’s former national security adviser, that ultimately led to Mr. Flynn’s ouster in February, ostensibly because he had lied to Vice President Mike Pence about whether the two had discussed United States sanctions on Russia. The White House had not divulged that Mr. Kislyak was to be present at Wednesday’s meeting.

Mr. Trump’s session with Mr. Lavrov was listed on his schedule as “Closed Press,” meaning the news media would not have a chance to photograph or otherwise document the meeting. “Our official photographer and their official photographer were present — that’s it,” a White House aide said, speaking on condition of anonymity, lacking authorization to describe the ground rules.

The difference, of course, is that while official White House photographers have broad access to the president, their presence is not considered a substitute for that of independent news media, which routinely request and secure access to official presidential movements and meetings so they can obtain their own images and produce their own reports. In Russia, where the independent news media are severely limited, there is no such regular press access to government officials apart from state-controlled organizations.

On Wednesday morning, when the American press pool was assembled unexpectedly in the West Wing, reporters thought that White House officials might have reconsidered and decided to allow a glimpse of Mr. Trump’s meeting with the Russians after all. But instead, they were allowed into the Oval Office for a few moments to cover another, previously undisclosed meeting: between Mr. Trump and Henry Kissinger, the Nixon administration’s secretary of state.

Former White House officials were left to wonder about the security implications of having allowed a Russian photographer unfettered access to the American president’s office. Colin H. Kahl, the former national security adviser to Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., took to Twitter to pose what he called a “deadly serious” question: “Was it a good idea to let a Russian gov photographer & all their equipment into the Oval Office?” David S. Cohen, the former deputy director of the C.I.A. during the Obama administration, responded: “No, it was not.”

nytimes.com