Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

21 minutes ago, elfstone said:

I want to askeveryone here; What was the last great VS show according to you?

Since its well estabished IMO that the show sucks lately :ninja:

2012 was the last great show to me. But I have to say that I'm younger than most people here and I started getting into VS in 2010. So I never got attached to "the golden era", though I do have favorites of this time.

7 minutes ago, DeadlyRebel said:

2012 was the last great show to me. But I have to say that I'm younger than most people here and I started getting into VS in 2010. So I never got attached to "the golden era", though I do have favorites of this time.

Yep true, often people tend to like 'things' the most that are attached in the time they are the youngest. That is why for instance parents and grandparents often say that everything in their time was better (for instance, society was better without internet or without cars).

Same goes for the fashion show i think, although I can very objectively say the show is not that good at the moment. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Miss_Vogue said:

2008. I agree that 2010 and 2012 were good shows, but not great. 

My opinion is I never like 1 show as a whole, perhaps with exception of 2008. My dream if they could blend all the good elements or characteristics of several shows into 1. For instance, I absolutely loved the Parisian segment and the Diamonds/Rihanna/French castle segment in 2012 but hated the rest. I also love how in the later show they use the stage more then they ever have and really can make it more theatrically. But I liked the format of the earliers shows in the sense that it was more a fashion show and that it had great energy, good remixes and the fact it was not a concert show where the singer is most relevant like it is now.

@katchitup Worse then last year, because they lost adult viewers.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/colts-win-monday-night-footballl-ratings-down-victorias-secret-low-the-voice-espn-nbc-1201865252/

Even though it was straight out of the City of Light for the first time and filled with loads of Lady Gaga, the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (2.1/7) just could not pack on the ratings weight last night. In fact, the lingerie catwalk show hit a new low among adults 18-49.

Victoria’s dirty secret is that the ratings are down 9% in the key demo from 2015’s previous low. Viewershipwise, this year’s VSFS had 6.65 million eyeballs, basically the same as the 6.6 million who watched last year. 

27 minutes ago, DeadlyRebel said:

I'm younger too, first show i watch was 2009, then i search about and watch the past shows and realize how "the golden era" was more glamorous and beautiful. 

Also i always have a problem with music, because i'm not the biggest fan of pop music and the performers always annoying me (esp. Taylor Swift), and the golden era represents the good remixes and good musical guest(in my opinion).

P.S: i just want a commercial with Jimmy Hendricks music again, am i asking too much VS??:blush:

3 minutes ago, unali said:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/colts-win-monday-night-footballl-ratings-down-victorias-secret-low-the-voice-espn-nbc-1201865252/

Even though it was straight out of the City of Light for the first time and filled with loads of Lady Gaga, the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (2.1/7) just could not pack on the ratings weight last night. In fact, the lingerie catwalk show hit a new low among adults 18-49.

Victoria’s dirty secret is that the ratings are down 9% in the key demo from 2015’s previous low. Viewershipwise, this year’s VSFS had 6.65 million eyeballs, basically the same as the 6.6 million who watched last year. 

But the ratings are only about tv, not streaming right. That was the whole discussion, that nobody watches tv anymore. 

It's hard to say when was the last great show because every show has some good and bad qualities. But in terms of true greatness where outfits, music, set, models everything was just perfect was 2005. You just can't top it. Even though years like 06,08,10,11,14 were good also but there was also some bad. I really loved 2011, after 05 it's the best because it had a good blend of musicians and model focus. I also didn't mind 2014 because it felt great in London and everything and I liked the themes minus Exotic Traveler and now it was the last show where angels had 3 looks so I miss that. And the editing was good they didn't overdo it.

3 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

It's hard to say when was the last great show because every show has some good and bad qualities. But in terms of true greatness where outfits, music, set, models everything was just perfect was 2005. You just can't top it. Even though years like 06,08,10,11,14 were good also but there was also some bad. I really loved 2011, after 05 it's the best because it had a good blend of musicians and model focus. I also didn't mind 2014 because it felt great in London and everything and I liked the themes minus Exotic Traveler and now it was the last show where angels had 3 looks so I miss that. And the editing was good they didn't overdo it.

Yup, altough some 05 outfits are questionable

52 minutes ago, unali said:

Why is VS going to want older viewers when the lingerie they sell are for a younger target? I mean i dont see people over 50 wearing VS anymore (maybe before the 2010, but not now)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.