Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

The Koch bros being shitbags yet again. :shocker:

@PinkCouture

The Koch brothers are planning a multimillion-dollar assault on electric vehicles, Tesla’s direct-to-consumer sales model is prohibited in several states, automotive technology and trends are evolving rapidly and there is a possibility that tax incentives — a key to electric car sales — will drop by the time the first Model 3s ship in late 2017. The Model 3 isn’t the first affordable all-electric vehicle on the market, and the competition is likely to intensify.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tesla-model3_us_56fdae3fe4b0a06d58055c19

^I think it's more about this...

It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.

The US has the opportunity to start the transition to clean renewable energy to get rid of the combustion engine and more importantly fossil fuels. Which in turn would best for the Earth & human race. I could see other countries follow suit too.

Maybe by doing this would lead us down path of to the end of world hunger, provide cheap & affordable renewable energy, and shelter for everyone on the planet.

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

^I think it's more about this...

It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.

The US has the opportunity to start the transition to clean renewable energy to get rid of the combustion engine and more importantly fossil fuels. Which in turn would best for the Earth & human race. I could see other countries follow suit too.

Maybe by doing this would lead us down path of to the end of world hunger, provide cheap & affordable renewable energy, and shelter for everyone on the planet.

I agree :thumbs_up: The US is the poster child of the Culture of Fear. Not saying other countries don't have it as well but the US has definitely refined the meaning. Fear is a power motivator and it drives compliance. If you think about it most major organized religions has a huge fear component to it. The fact religion plays a huge role in US politics is no coincidence.

Going back to the topic of power. As I said before everyone wants power. It is natural and psychological. Those who are lucky enough to obtain it will go to great lengths to keep it. Fear is a strong force and it's very effective and efficient in supporting those in power positions.

I agree.

It's funny that you say that about religion being used as a fear tactic. The underlying foundation of every religion is love and spreading it to everyone, but it's sad that people of power twisted it and transformed it into fear to keep their position of power. Love is the most powerful force in the universe... besides GRBs.

There is only so much power in the world. You can't create new power either without taking someone else's power which is usually by force.

10 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I agree.

It's funny that you say that about religion being used as a fear tactic. The underlying foundation of every religion is love and spreading it to everyone, but it's sad that people of power twisted it and transformed it into fear to keep their position of power. Love is the most powerful force in the universe... besides GRBs.

There is only so much power in the world. You can't create new power either without taking someone else's power which is usually by force.

I agree, The underlying foundation of every religion is love and spreading it to everyone and it is disappointing when people of power twisted it and transformed it into fear to keep their position of power. I also agree love is the most powerful force in the universe (in some ways it even transcends GRBs ;)) however there is often a thin line between love and hate. Hatred is often stemmed from fear (among other things). 

As they say (no exact quotes), nothing is forever and it is inevitable all great empires will fall usually by revolt or rivalry.

16 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The Koch bros being shitbags yet again. :shocker:

@PinkCouture

The Koch brothers are planning a multimillion-dollar assault on electric vehicles, Tesla’s direct-to-consumer sales model is prohibited in several states, automotive technology and trends are evolving rapidly and there is a possibility that tax incentives — a key to electric car sales — will drop by the time the first Model 3s ship in late 2017. The Model 3 isn’t the first affordable all-electric vehicle on the market, and the competition is likely to intensify.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tesla-model3_us_56fdae3fe4b0a06d58055c19

They can try but the Pandora's box of renewable energy and electric cars has been open and there is no closing it at this point. Unlike in past times, the technology has matured to the point that the economics now make sense vs just the environmental factor alone. Plus, we also have a social conscious that is more aware than ever before about the state of our climate even if that might not seem like the case at times with certain groups. The Koch brothers are playing a losing game. Sure they might win a few battles left and right but as I see it along with many others, they have already lost the war here.

12 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I agree, The underlying foundation of every religion is love and spreading it to everyone and it is disappointing when people of power twisted it and transformed it into fear to keep their position of power. I also agree love is the most powerful force in the universe (in some ways it even transcends GRBs ;)) however there is often a thin line between love and hate. Hatred is often stemmed from fear (among other things). 

As they say (no exact quotes), nothing is forever and it is inevitable all great empires will fall usually by revolt or rivalry.

Very eloquently said. :bow:

3 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

They can try but the Pandora's box of renewable energy and electric cars has been open and there is no closing it at this point. Unlike in past times, the technology has matured to the point that the economics now make sense vs just the environmental factor alone. Plus, we also have a social conscious that is more aware than ever before about the state of our climate even if that might not seem like the case at times with certain groups. The Koch brothers are playing a losing game. Sure they might win a few battles left and right but as I see it along with many others, they have already lost the war here.

They can buy up all the patents for renewable energy & electric cars though, which would shelf the advancements & improvements to current products.

6 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

They can buy up all the patents for renewable energy & electric cars though, which would shelf the advancements & improvements to current products.

I highly doubt this. There are far too many who will not sell out to them and Elon Musk is one of MANY who are aware of their tactics and this just isn't going to happen. Not only that but the sheer size of all the assets and companies out there who deal with renewable energy and electric cars is much too massive to contain, even for the Koch brothers.

13 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

I highly doubt this. There are far too many who will not sell out to them and Elon Musk is one of MANY who are aware of their tactics and this just isn't going to happen. Not only that but the sheer size of all the assets and companies out there who deal with renewable energy and electric cars is much too massive to contain, even for the Koch brothers.

Oil companies bought technological advancement patents that would change the oil dependency game up for years. It wouldn't surprise me if they keep on doing it and have their lobbyists turn the screws on politicians too.

1 minute ago, Stromboli1 said:

Oil companies bought technological advancement patents that would change the oil dependency game up for years. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same and had their lobbyists turn the screws on politicians too.

It's a possibility of course, their influence is obviously very strong considering they own a wide percentage of the energy market share still. But they are losing their grip on this quickly in many areas around the world. California for instance - I will use as an example since I'm from here, is already getting 25% of its energy from renewables on a utility scale with a goal of it being 50% by 2030. California also represents 47% of all plug-in cars sold in the U.S. for a good number of years now. Our economy has double since the 1970's while energy consumption has stayed relatively the same. While big oil will have its grip in many areas of the world for a good number of years, it's quickly losing its grip in many larger areas and can't stop the current progress of renewable energy, the technology, and its implementation anymore. As a matter of fact, the smarter energy companies are investing in utility scale renewable energy production because they know its a matter of survival to do so and keeping up with the changing energy scene or else be left out and shut out.

13 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

It's a possibility of course, their influence is obviously very strong considering they own a wide percentage of the energy market share still. But they are losing their grip on this quickly in many areas around the world. California for instance - I will use as an example since I'm from here, is already getting 25% of its energy from renewables on a utility scale with a goal of it being 50% by 2030. California also represents 47% of all plug-in cars sold in the U.S. for a good number of years now. Our economy has double since the 1970's while energy consumption has stayed relatively the same. While big oil will have its grip in many areas of the world for a good number of years, it's quickly losing its grip in many larger areas and can't stop the current progress of renewable energy, the technology, and its implementation anymore. As a matter of fact, the smarter energy companies are investing in utility scale renewable energy production because they know its a matter of survival to do so and keeping up with the changing energy scene or else be left out and shut out.

I sure do hope so.

3 minutes ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

BZ needs to get rid of Kendall Jenner's so called "model topic" and reserve the model sub-forum for ACTUAL models! I can think of a few more names that should be on that short list!

Why get rid of kendall's model thread? She's not a terrible model. I get that a lot of her work was probably sourced due to family connections and that she can be fairly boring in a lot of it. But I know numerous other girls who are widely accepted as models who have the same boring portfolios.