Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

I for one would welcome Gigi as an angel. What's wrong with y'all she's actually perfect for VS.

Her body is on point. She looks the type. She'd need some spokesmodel skills but she could learn that. I doubt she will be one anyway she has a lot going for her at the moment but they could use her for a few years like they did with Karlie.

*raises hand*

Gigi's voice sounds like she's going to cry at any moment ( :rofl: ), her BFF is Kendall Jenner ( :rofl:  that says a lot and could bring baggage every year to the show... or god forbid allow her to shoot), and she was rather standoffish and mean girl worthy at the SI event in Nashvegas (Nashville).

did u meet her? tell us more please pretty

LOL I'm gonna die laughing if Gigi's appearance isn't even VS related. So much salt haha.

And honestly, Gigi is VS's only realistic hope of getting back the "supermodel" angel title that the likes of Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, KK, Miranda once had. Her working for VS would truly help put VS back on the map in terms of star power.

I'm cool with the current crop of girls, but none of them have STAR POWER the way past Angels have had. As of now, only Adriana and Candice truly have that. Lily and Behati to some extent too. The #NewestAngels have no impact at all. VS fucked up when they let Rosie get away. She would have definitely been a major player for them. They were on the right track to star power with Karlie, but ultimately Karlie lacked the bombshell look to appeal to the general public. Since then, they have been about quantity over quality. This is why there is a constant revolving door of Erins and Lindsays.

VS using a non angel when they have 15 other fucking "angels" to choose from says a lot about the confidence they have about their line up.

IMO, VS should cast Gigi as an angel and nix Romee, Stella, and Martha while at it. Kate too. Hate all you want, but Gigi checks more boxes in all categories of being an angel than all those girls combined.

Star power? Check.

Impressive HF resume? Check.

Impressive commercial/SI resume? Check.

Bombshell appeal? Check.

VSFS runway presence? Check. (At least, going off the VSFS15 preview)

Body that actually looks good in lingerie/swim? Check.

Genuine spokesperson skills? Check.

Name any of the NewestAngels that can check all those boxes. I dare you. Gisele and KK were probably the last angels to truly check all those boxes. Miranda and Adriana to some extent too. Doutzen was great in all but she definitely lacked star power.

Ew. This reminds me of the time when Behati fans were upset she didn't receive the FB and everyone was calling everyone else salty. It's like watching the whole drama again except its watching Gigi fans asking for Gigi to be an angel. The girl is only 20, she's already got a bright modeling career compared to the rest, would it kill for y'all to wait till VS axes the number down before she gets her angel mantle? How would you possibly think increasing the angel number to 16 is going to help VS bring their fame back or swing in Gigi's favor too? I doubt VS is dropping anyone anytime soon until 2016 comes so all of us can rule out of the possibility that Gigi's inclusion to lineup is going lead to several angels being dropped.

If its Star Power that you think is going to benefit and bring VS to its former glory then screw this, I wanna watch a fashion show with models who are known for their amazing modeling portfolio, not someone whose got a decent modeling portfolio and some star connection or one who is engaged in the star spotlight.

^ But not everyone is "asking" for her to be an Angel. They're saying she brings media attention to the brand that most of their current roster does not, that it would not be far fetched to guess that ONE DAY she might be one. She can reach an audience that most of their current girls can't, so it's smart to have her promote if that's in fact what she's doing. The majority of the articles about the show were either about "Gigi and Kendall and oh right, the other 15 Angels" or mentioned them. In almost all of Lily's FB interviews she was asked about Gigi and Kendall, the girl received what used to be a huge deal and was overshadowed by those two. VS cares about press, they always have, and they will get that by using Gigi. 

No one is saying "Omg, sign her now!!1!!1!" they're saying that from a business standpoint, it makes sense. Like the post mentioned above, she checks a lot of boxes. Personally, I would love for her to be one in a couple of years but I also wouldn't be shocked if it never happens. If she does end up getting a contract it's because she wants to fulfill a lifelong dream, not because it will benefit her career in a way it used to for models. 

Also, do you think they'll brink back the slow motion effects they had in the previous years? Like the ones they had in '06 to '11?

They had slow motion in '12 and '13 too. I remember it specifically in Silver Screen Angels and Shipwrecked.

Oh right, when Constance posed. 

In Shipwrecked they did more then just Constance, Well they also slowed down many of the angels before posing. If you search it up online (too lazy to put up the video), they slow down Toni Garrn before she poses, during the more intense parts before AGBW started pounding on the piano keys they slowed down Lindsay and Lily. 

Sorry, just wanted to point this out that it wasn't just Constance haha! 

Thanks for reminding me :D Rewatched it again, god, I miss Doutzen, Lindsay and Toni :(

Since this was taken at the VS store, do you guys think they'll include this in next week's broadcast of the show? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3339888/Victoria-s-Secret-Angel-Adriana-Lima-poses-selfie-unveils-sexy-Madame-Tussauds-wax-figure.html

I love how Adri's like a little child inspecting her wax-self :)

1 minute ago, Kevork89 said:

I like that they've shown them more natural and messing around or during some shoots like Candice, Taylor, Martha and Romee. Those shots were nice.

IMO they should've saved that for SWIM '16 and lip synced a song from one of the performers. Candice was cute <3 

The video is just a mess and it's missing Adriana, Jac and Elsa so that already pretty much kills it for me :idk: Also why a goddamn Selena song that clearly none of the girls knew the lyrics to? o.o