Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Bar Rafaeli's Guide to Asking Her Out Successfully

Leonardo DiCaprio must have one heck of a smile.

His ex-girlfriend Bar Rafaeli says a nice grin "with beautiful teeth is the most attractive thing" in the opposite sex.

"Teeth are the first thing I look at," the Israeli supermodel – ranked at the very top of Maxim's Hot 100 – tells the magazine in its September issue. "With today's orthodontists, I don't understand why people wouldn't fix them."

With pearly whites out of the way, Rafaeli, 27, who is currently linked to professional snowboarder Shaun White, also requires that men don't act "too cool for school."

"If someone is funny, he should say something funny," she explains. "If someone is sweet and gentle, he should talk that way. Just be yourself. Like, the other day, I was at the airport, and there was a cute guy who I saw notice me. But instead of coming up next to me, he put his head down and started texting to appear like, 'Oh, didn't even see you!' I was like, if you really were cool, you'd just be yourself and talk to me."

But these rules don't apply too often because she rarely even gets asked out.

"I think part of the reason is that I'm not out much," admits Rafaeli. "I'm usually at a photo shoot or getting to sleep early. I don't really have a chance to meet people other than businessmen on planes. They're all married and much older, though."

People.com

Bar Rafaeli's Guide to Asking Her Out Successfully

Leonardo DiCaprio must have one heck of a smile.

His ex-girlfriend Bar Rafaeli says a nice grin "with beautiful teeth is the most attractive thing" in the opposite sex.

"Teeth are the first thing I look at," the Israeli supermodel – ranked at the very top of Maxim's Hot 100 – tells the magazine in its September issue. "With today's orthodontists, I don't understand why people wouldn't fix them."

With pearly whites out of the way, Rafaeli, 27, who is currently linked to professional snowboarder Shaun White, also requires that men don't act "too cool for school."

"If someone is funny, he should say something funny," she explains. "If someone is sweet and gentle, he should talk that way. Just be yourself. Like, the other day, I was at the airport, and there was a cute guy who I saw notice me. But instead of coming up next to me, he put his head down and started texting to appear like, 'Oh, didn't even see you!' I was like, if you really were cool, you'd just be yourself and talk to me."

But these rules don't apply too often because she rarely even gets asked out.

"I think part of the reason is that I'm not out much," admits Rafaeli. "I'm usually at a photo shoot or getting to sleep early. I don't really have a chance to meet people other than businessmen on planes. They're all married and much older, though."

People.com

Our chat with Bar Refaeli

- By Patrick Garone

When Bar Refaeli was selected as No. 1 on Maxim’s Hot 100 this summer, the Israeli supermodel became the center of worldwide media attention. On one of the many stops on her victory tour, Bar told a shocked Conan O’Brien that men simply don’t ask her out. Considering that her perfect face and extraordinary body are known around the globe, it’s understandable that guys might be intimidated. But as we learned, all a man really needs to get her attention is a decent dentist. And to not be a weirdo.

How does it feel to be the No. 1 hottest woman in the world?

It doesn’t feel real, because I still can’t believe it. I feel like someone’s going to call and tell me there’s been a mistake.

We can assure you that won’t happen. Were you surprised?

I was in shock! I think it’s the title I’m going to be most proud of until I die. When I’m older, I’m going to walk around and say, “Hey, I’m Bar Refaeli. I was No. 1 Most Beautiful in Maxim!” It’s an honor you never want to forget.

You told Conan that no one asks you out. It’s hard to believe that.

It’s true, and I think part of the reason is that I’m not out much. I’m usually at a photo shoot or going to sleep early. I don’t really have a chance to meet people other than businessmen on planes. They’re all married and much older, though.

No one’s made a move? C’mon!

OK, well, since I said that on Conan, I’ve started getting letters at my house and DVDs of people asking me out. What I mean to say is that guys aren’t actually talking to me.

How should guys approach you?

If someone is funny, he should say something funny. If someone is sweet and gentle, he should talk that way. Just be yourself. I don’t like when guys act too cool for school. Like, the other day I was at the airport, and there was a cute guy who I saw notice me. But instead of coming up to me, he put his head down and started texting to appear like, “Oh, I didn’t even see you!” I was like, If you really were cool, you’d just be yourself and talk to me.

Would you ever consider going on JDate, the Jewish dating site, to meet someone special?

Maybe if I’m still single when I’m 40, but not for now. I’m not even 30! I think I’ll be fine.

What’s the first thing you notice about a guy?

Teeth are the first thing I look at.

You must not date a lot of Brits.

I don’t want to generalize, but let’s just say that with today’s orthodontists, I don’t understand why people wouldn’t fix them. A nice smile with beautiful teeth is the most attractive thing.

You recently said you were going to marry Justin Bieber one day. Aren’t you worried about what his crazy fans might think?

Whoever doesn’t understand that I said that with a lot of humor deserves to get upset over it!

You have your own line of underwear, Under.Me. What do you like on a guy?

I just prefer for a guy to be comfortable. A lot of American guys like boxers. In Israel they prefer tight, short underwear, and in Brazil they wear really little bikinis. I think it’s a matter of where you come from.

Do you think it’s a nice idea for a guy to give his girlfriend lingerie?

It’s a very cute gift, but you can only do that if you really know your girlfriend.

So it’s not something to give on a first date?

No, no, no, I don’t think so! You need to know her and what she likes.

We love the ad where you’re playing tennis in your underwear. [Ed note:

. We’ll wait…] Is that how you actually play?

Oh, my God, never! It wouldn’t be very comfortable.

Do you have a body part that you are especially proud of?

My stomach is hard, and I’m very proud of it. I still eat, though. To me that’s one of the best things in life.

You seem to really enjoy Twitter.

I love to tweet. I’m in a battle with myself to get more followers. I even make bets with myself on when I’m going to reach what number. I tweet in English and Hebrew because I’ll get lots of messages saying, “Yo, start talking Hebrew! Talk to us in our own language!”

Which language is sexier?

Oh, anything but Hebrew…You have a lot of harsh pronunciations that don’t sound very nice.

Finally, as the most beautiful woman in the world, what do you think is the most important thing men should know about the opposite sex?

If you can’t understand them, just give them a hug. That always works.

http://www.maxim.com/girls-of-maxim/bar-refaeli-0