Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

23 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

TBH, I want everyone calling Ashley and Barbara (especially Barbara :ninja:) fat to include their height and weight along side their comments. Only seems fair. 

fine, for my taste Barb's fat too... still like her though.

oh and I'm 163 cm and 50 kilos.

Calling a girl fat is a pretty immature thing to say. It's a pretty elementary school insult. You don't have to like Ashley or Barbara, but they aren't fat. It really disgusts me reading some of the comments right now, a girl shouldn't be viewed for how fat, skinny, athletic or petite they are, what matters is the girl is healthy for her body type.

It's about time they showed some different body types in these types of magazines and the absence of different body types has caused millions of women (and men) to become insecure and feel like shit. And when girls see bodies like Barbara's or Ashley's, girls they identify with, it sucks the general public has to brand them "fat" which is no compliment, and takes away from what positive things it could have done.

I follow fashion so I can't complain about seeing these images because I do it voluntarily, but this could really help a lot of girls who don't fit into a certain mold to feel happy seeing women that are not only beautiful and bigger, but who take care of their bodies, take pride in their health and their strength. Something Ashley does. 

SMH at some people who act so childish :cain: 

2 minutes ago, katchitup said:

Calling a girl fat is a pretty immature thing to say. It's a pretty elementary school insult. You don't have to like Ashley or Barbara, but they aren't fat. It really disgusts me reading some of the comments right now, a girl shouldn't be viewed for how fat, skinny, athletic or petite they are, what matters is the girl is healthy for her body type.

It's about time they showed some different body types in these types of magazines and the absence of different body types has caused millions of women (and men) to become insecure and feel like shit. And when girls see bodies like Barbara's or Ashley's, girls they identify with, it sucks the general public has to brand them "fat" which is no compliment, and takes away from what positive things it could have done.

I follow fashion so I can't complain about seeing these images because I do it voluntarily, but this could really help a lot of girls who don't fit into a certain mold to feel happy seeing women that are not only beautiful and bigger, but who take care of their bodies, take pride in their health and their strength. Something Ashley does. 

Agreed

2 minutes ago, katchitup said:

+1 :thumbs_up: Embrace all body types! It is lame to assume Fat = Ugly :cain:  There are skinny women (and men) who are unattractive. In fact there are bigger people that are more gorgeous and handsome than their slender counterparts  :yes: 

4 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

+1 :thumbs_up: Embrace all body types! It is lame to assume Fat = Ugly :cain:  There are skinny women (and men) who are unattractive. In fact there are bigger people that are more gorgeous and handsome than their slender counterparts  :yes: 

:yes: It all matters to me how healthy you are. I see people all over instagram talking about how we should not be celebrating heroin or drug addicts like we shouldn't be celebrating Ashley and it makes me fucking sick. How clueless they are that they don't know that Ashley works out and eats healthy all the time and is toned and strong I just I can't :banghead: 

17 minutes ago, katchitup said:

I don't think I'm childish. I'm realistic and less PC I guess. 

She's fat/overweight/curvy.(She's also fit) It's fine. It's great that she's in SI, it's even more fantastic that she's the idol of thousands of women and give them hope and help them accept their bodies. But that won't change the fact that what you call curve is fat. You can't call the orange as peach. 

BTW when will ppl think the same way about skinny girls too? For some weird reason they never get huge back-up and understanding (not here, just in general) when it comes to body shaming... I guess there are more 'curvy' women...