Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

11 hours ago, Sanni said:

I hear that sometimes models get paid in trade i.e. they get to keep the clothes they wore on the runway but even that is not always the case because the designers might need the clothes after the show for photo shoots. It’s considered an honour to walk for a high fashion designer during Paris Fashion Week etc. The models hope that the designer will then book them to be a face of the brand.

All of the top shows pay. I think in New York everyone who shows has to pay their models now.  Couture shows actually pay at least a couple of thousand dollars. Some models who aren't big names get famous for runway and get paid well for every show that they do like Marina Peres, Lindsay Ellingson, Morgane Dubled and Jacquelyn Jablonski. For most girls runway is supposed be a stepping stone but some girls can make a very good living off it.

13 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

#SISwim 2016 Rookie reveals begin TOMORROW at 9am ET! http://on.si.com/1T375g9 

i'm not good with time zone..when is it? :rofl:

ET = Eastern Time zone = The easiest way to remember it, is whatever time it is in New York City. So 9 a.m. NYC time. Which is an hour and a half from the time I'm posting this.