Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

i'm happy Nina didn't get the cover, she shared her first one already! a shame for Hailey tho..

Ronda's cover is terrible and i hated when Lily got the cover as a rookie and this is no exception

but of course she would have slayed the cover  :baronfaint:

3mgbOB5X.jpg

hopefully more models from the model search will have a chance to come back!

i want Daniela but i would love to see Megan and Caroline too, they look amazing!

Ebonee shoot is better than i expected and her body is amazing..but well she's screwed :rofl:

Kyra and Mia are a big NOPE! Jessica >>>>>> Mia

I don't see a rookie getting the cover as such a big deal. Really what's the difference of Hailey getting it seeing as how it's only her second year? Especially over girls who have worked a little longer like Emily D, Gigi, Nina, Chrissy, Hannah F, Chanel etc. They have to think about what sells and what's going to get them press/hype. Ashley and Ronda will do that for them and then they have regular SI type girl which will also get in people. Win win.

I don't have any problems with any of the cover models individually, but something about the way this was done feels kind of condescending and unfair to all three of them. Wouldn't it have meant more for Ashley to make some waves as a rookie and THEN get an "actual" solo cover some years down the road? This feels like one of those stupid multiple cover stunts that's pulled by mags like Elle or Glamour, where they have their "real" cover model (Emmy Rossum or whoever) and then stick their Mindy Kalings and Helen Mirrens on the alternate covers just to feel like they're honouring diversity on a technicality. 

Almost all of the rookies this year look exactly alike and equally forgettable. If SI really wanted to accept a diverse range of attractive women, then why not use a bunch of hot girls who actually all look different from one another? It's not hard to do, give me 5 minutes on Google and I can round up 10 amazing chicks who look nothing alike in face or body.  

The mag is just the standard collection of tall thin models, except with a couple token black, plus-sized or athletes sprinkled in. Something about this approach feels super patronising. Oh well, at least they didn't choose another dime-a-dozen it-girl twit who posts about "squads" and "your vibe attracts your tribe" on Instagram.

55 minutes ago, ltwilla103 said:

The cover isn't everything to some models. Hilary Rhoda and Anne V were successful without it with Hilary probably being more successful than any of the past 5 cover girls.

Anne V and Hilary were successful models (independent of SI).  SI was just another job for them.  SI used to recruit a lot more established top models.

Saw Ronda's cover first and I immediately thought this gotta be a hoax (unfortunately it's not). Don't like it when non-models steal a model's job. Especially one with so much exposure. And then they couldn't even give it to a strinkingly beautiful non-model (meh).

Not a fan of Ashley's cover either. I find it boring to promote "normal" as beautiful. 

Hailey's cover is, without a question, (relatively) the best because the other covers are so bad. If Hailey's cover was the only one this year, people would have been way more critical with it. 

All in all: Three covers - three chances to make it right and they failed in all three cases. All models are such random choices. 

And the comment about SI loving them all as long as they come in white is unfortunately so true. 

The photo they picked of Ronda was easily one of the worst. There were others (especially the smiling one) that looked miles better than the cover. WTF? I think Ashley looks really beautiful actually, except I'm not a fan of that gorilla sort of pose.  She was also looking fine as a fox in that cover reveal video....

10 minutes ago, kbutt394 said:

The photo they picked of Ronda was easily one of the worst. There were others (especially the smiling one) that looked miles better than the cover. WTF? I think Ashley looks really beautiful actually, except I'm not a fan of that gorilla sort of pose.  She was also looking fine as a fox in that cover reveal video....

LOL gorilla.

Lowland Gorilla.jpgEbrlhwga.jpg

Ok, so, thanks everybody for the updates, basically i'm gone to bed when the content started to blow up :D 

In short, i love Hailey's cover, classical SI.

I love Ronda's cover, even if i hate BP...But i find they did a great job with her, the video is fun to watch !

And, according what i saw today : Dani got my vote, and will have it everydays :D 

Barbara and Rose looks gorgeous ! 

7 hours ago, Clauds said:

So once again we pretty much nailed all the models and locations, we missed Caroline and Mia from the MS and we got Nicole Meyer wrongly ID but other than that we pretty much killed it once again with locations, models and photographers!

Good work yall @jj3 @Prettyphile @ILUVAdrianaLima @MarVS and everyone else involved!

I'm so sorry for NIcole...But it's surely better this way. Against Dani it would've been very hard...Maybe Nicole will be a rookie next year ! 

Wow, this issue is uh, interesting. Whoever chose the swimsuits in Tahiti and did whatever that was to Erin Heatherton needs to be fired. Dump MJ while you are at it too. Giving Ashley and Ronda a cover is a joke. There are a bunch of legit ugly models in this year, who picked these girls? Sofia, Bo, Sam, Robyn. Just no. At least Ashley has a pretty face. The bodypaint is terrible. A bunch of average looking athletes no one cares about is the best you could do?

I do really dig Hailey's cover shot though. Hopefully when we get the full website and mag pics, the non uggo models deliver some good stuff. We know Nina does at least, like always.