Bellazon

I hate...

Lyla

My fat supervisor.

SG3Yy9P.gif

"I think I can help with this. Meet me at this location in 10. DO NOT let yourself be followed"

I hate when I cook rice and then realize I don't have enough 

:laugh: she is a bitch too. Not just fat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

Arrogant people (braggarts, people with a chip on their shoulder). How do they fail to realize that the way they act is incredibly off-putting?

Some people are well-aware of their off-putting arrogant behavior but they don't care. I know a few people like that :/

That's true. The person I'm thinking of just constantly brags about himself while undermining those around him. At this point, when I talk to him, I just nod along to stroke his ego - the conversation needs to be alllll about him and how great he is.

The worst part is that if he feels threatened in any way (this happens often), he starts to criticize/put down whoever he feels threatened by. If he perceives someone else to be more accomplished than him, for example, he'll downplay their achievements and brag about his own.

^ He doesn't sound like an easy person to deal with :/ We all have insecurities but when it comes to do it it is how we deal with that matters. We are all responsible for our own actions and behaviors. You can't always control how you feel, but you always have a choice on how to act based on your emotions. Your pal sounds like he has a lot of self-esteem issues and is putting up defenses. Perhaps he went through some trauma early on in life? Or mental illness is involved? Either way, I wish him the best. And I hope you are not letting him bring you down and affecting your well-being. Take care of yourself! :hug::flower:

43 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

^ He doesn't sound like an easy person to deal with :/ We all have insecurities but when it comes to do it it is how we deal with that matters. We are all responsible for our own actions and behaviors. You can't always control how you feel, but you always have a choice on how to act based on your emotions. Your pal sounds like he has a lot of self-esteem issues and is putting up defenses. Perhaps he went through some trauma early on in life? Or mental illness is involved? Either way, I wish him the best. And I hope you are not letting him bring you down and affecting your well-being. Take care of yourself! :hug::flower:

:laugh:or it's genuine contempt for the people around him.  You are clearly thinking about this as a woman.

Thanks, @PinkCouture ! I certainly don't have to deal with him enough that he brings me down - he's fresh in my mind because a mutual friend forced us to be in the same space recently. His arrogance/need to "one-up" is definitely a defense mechanism, @Cult Icon. He probably convinces himself he has "contempt" for those around him, but the reality is hates feeling inferior. 

The fact he might have contempt for people, regardless if it is for people around him or people in general, goes back to my original point there might be mental illness involved. Anyway, @alexandra23 I am glad this person is no longer active in your life. His problem shouldn't be your's and you don't need toxicity in your life :no2:

42 minutes ago, alexandra23 said:

Thanks, @PinkCouture ! I certainly don't have to deal with him enough that he brings me down - he's fresh in my mind because a mutual friend forced us to be in the same space recently. His arrogance/need to "one-up" is definitely a defense mechanism, @Cult Icon. He probably convinces himself he has "contempt" for those around him, but the reality is hates feeling inferior. 

There's a distinction missing here.

Arrogant men are extremely common.  They cannot all have some sort of pop-psych mental issue.  Insecurities are more of women problem.  

A high profile example: Think of Steve jobs, a personality that many men would be like if they had no restraints.  

You must go back to hunter-gather traits to see why this is so.

Most of the time they are fed up with their surroundings, it's that simple.  They want to advance to a higher plane, but they feel they can't with all these obstacles in their way.  The contempt builds up over time and eventually turns into hatred.  Eventually they want out.  It's what prehistoric men did to survive and move on, and that's what men do today.  It's in the DNA.  It's why men kill each other.

Well, in this case, the guy is someone I went to school with for years. He has always been notorious for being not very intelligent, yet very arrogant.

Cult, I know girls like this, as well. In fact, the mother of the guy in question is like this. I really don't think it has to do with his gender.  He clearly has a huge chip on his shoulder about a few things - there's no question about it.

Maybe if you knew the things he acted sensitive/competitive about (his alma mater's athletic record and academic ranking, for example), you'd understand.

@PinkCouture You are correct that I don't need to be around his toxicity, so I should be thankful! I think he's worse around women - there might be some psychology to that. In fact, he's at his worst around women who have rejected him.

I don't know him and will stop here, but the freudian pop-psy thing seems easy to label onto all sorts of people these days and is quite popular.

It is usually more simple:  People are fed up and dissatisfied with their surroundings and lash out,  People (men in particular) like to win, humiliate, and gloat.  Some more than others.  No psychoanalysis needed or discovery of a baby-accident.  LOL