Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

PINK was good! but they had some really terrific girls there.. I really thought Grace pulled it out.. she showed some personality.

Magda always kills it... whomever was editing should have treated all of the girls with the care they treated magda.. they cut out on way too many girls too early.

The Blanca runway incident was edited nicely.. one of the few moments that I was happy with.

I did not mind Taylors songs.. i did mind the 5 lbs of make-up and the constant reminder that she was in fact in attendance. 

The make-up looked better on TV than in many of the pics

ALSO... What does it take for a ballerina to get onto her toes? To me, for Karlie to have danced for so long and to do a ballet segment it did not impress. It seemed more like.. we want a ballet segment.. go put on this tutu and stand on your toes.

would love for someone with some ballet experience could chime in that would be nice.

Initial thoughts: I'd give the show maybe a 6.5/10

- Behati should never open again

- Lily's walk has not yet improved, and she needs to stop sucking her cheeks in

- There was a distinct lack of energy, partially due to the slowness of the songs (Ed and Hozier's song choices were really poor imo, I think every section should be extremely energetic with maybe one slow one if possible)

- People keep saying the editing was bad (and it was), but I think we also see much less than we would like of the girls because the show is designed that way. It's a concert with a runway in the backdrop, the general public has no idea who any of these models are and could probably name 2-5 of them in the whole show, and VS needs to have good ratings to keep this show going every year

- I thought the change of scenery was great and really liked the holiday commercial

- They missed some really big editing opportunities; for instance, panning across all the girls at the beginning of Angel Ball and having Karlie start there could've been really powerful. But of course the focus had to be on Taylor :/

- They should think about moving this show to Fridays and they should go to some non-European country next year, imo

My mom watched the show and she had some brilliant insight into the opening credits that I didn't think about till now.

And I quote:

Hunny VS is rewarding all those girls I've seen in the store, the catalogs this year... thats so nice of them! What a nice bonus gift, how exciting for them! Thank you for working for us so hard this last year. That's Adam's wife isn't it? She's pretty! ... did you know Adam sent her roses cause he couldn't be there? Oh he's working on a new album... OH! Elsa she's just lovely.

I think my mom nailed it.