Bellazon

Lorena Rae
Thumbnail

23 minutes ago, Sensual said:

What she was thinking was $$$. Frankly, I dont really see or care what the fuss is about. Arabians want to party too.

It's one of the most oppressive regimes in the world. Any woman over there who would desire Lorena's level of self-expression would be imprisoned or worse.

They just killed and dismembered a U.S. based columnist last year!

6 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's one of the most oppressive regimes in the world. Any woman over there who would desire Lorena's level of self-expression would be imprisoned or worse.

They just killed and dismembered a U.S. based columnist last year!

Pretty much. It's kind of sad when Lo (and all the girls who attend these events) seem to forget that if a Saudi woman dressed like they do in that country she'd probably get stoned to death, yet they are always talking in interviews and social media about empowering women and blablabla.

They should learn to put their money where their mouth is, instead of promoting those places as cool, amazing, friendly places to visit, because they are not. The only reason why Lo and all the girls are getting away with dressing  and expressing themselves why there it's because they are famous and probably have a crew following them around and keeping them safe at all times, because even I, a nobodyn who would be a regular tourist would get in deep shit if did the same in Saudi Arabia. 

I am also disappointed of Lorena, Irina and Romee. I am not surprised of Nadine, rose and Elsa because it seems they go where ever IMG sends them, like the fyre festival few years ago. But this is even more disappointing because they are women and talk about how important equality and women rights are, but then forget all that for money.

I am supporting progression in a country but first go against the human rights abuses before you try to make it a tourist attracion.

i am wondering how much influnece their friend Mo alturki had in all that???

Any way do you think Lorena could be an VS angel soon. Or even get a major cover like Vogue in the future?

Why are you guys shocked? All these models and celebrities talk about empowerment and equality, and ALL they do is talk. It's pretty much a marketing tactic or an attempt to make themselves appear less shallow to their audience.

They're happy enough to preach about empowerment whenever they upload a picture of their tits, but when it comes to putting in any effort? 

2 hours ago, Nettie said:

Why are you guys shocked? All these models and celebrities talk about empowerment and equality, and ALL they do is talk. It's pretty much a marketing tactic or an attempt to make themselves appear less shallow to their audience.

They're happy enough to preach about empowerment whenever they upload a picture of their tits, but when it comes to putting in any effort? 

That's completely different, their bodies = their choice. And accepting your own body, embracing it is indeed empowering. Not everyone has the guts to expose themselves in social media like that :idk: small tits, big tits, real tits, fake tits, it's cool they are all comfortable enough to say fuck it and post it even tho they know some people will undermine them as human for it when they shouldn't. However, taking money from the Saudis is 100% bullshit tho, but as mentioned, I don't think anyone is particularly surprised as sadly, this is something they do painfully often :pinch: 

Sure - I'm all for women showing off their body, as I'm a woman myself. What I meant was these models in particular are quick to drop in a quote about equality, being comfortable in your body and empowerment - that is totally plausible for someone who genuinely believes in those values. I don't classify myself as a feminist, but think going to a country that is notorious for violence towards women KINDA makes them hypocrites, no offence. They were quick to abandon their so called beliefs for money. I'm not really annoyed, but I can imagine others will be. 

One could argue them going show women in Saudi Arabia what it is like for them to be independent, confident. Perhaps it pushes little thin bit for equality in Saudi Arabia, and regardless we are already seeing a slow introduction of liberal reform in the country, not based out of niceness of course but out of practicality. I just dont see the fuss, it doesnt help or legitimize the regime. Its just a stupid EDM festival lol.

9 hours ago, Sensual said:

One could argue them going show women in Saudi Arabia what it is like for them to be independent, confident. Perhaps it pushes little thin bit for equality in Saudi Arabia, and regardless we are already seeing a slow introduction of liberal reform in the country, not based out of niceness of course but out of practicality. I just dont see the fuss, it doesnt help or legitimize the regime. Its just a stupid EDM festival lol.

It does legitimize the regime. Why do you think they are paying these folks up to eight figures just to show up and post about it on their social media accounts?

It's also likely not a coincidence that five men were just sentenced to death in the Khasoggi trial (which is been described as a sham trial by any impartial international observer). Basically five members of the kill squad which was sent down to Turkey to kill and dismember him were sentenced to death but anyone who actually ordered the hit is going to walk away unpunished.

I see all of this part of a conscious P.R. strategy by the kingdom.