Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Hi, everybody.  I apologize if this may be the wrong place for this post, but it is somewhat on topic.  I am thinking of having an SI Swimsuit Model Tournament, with the finals of the tournament coinciding with the release of SI Swimsuit 2014.  

I wanted to gauge peoples' thoughts on this.  Every SI model to ever grace the pages of an issue (excluding sports stars, etc.) will be included in the tournament bracket.  If I go forward with it, it would obviously be in its own new thread, not in this 2014 thread.

Again, my apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but my intentions are good.  I'm pretty new to the forum, so please be easy on me.  Bellazon's forum is a great place with lots of people interested in SI Swimsuit here, so I thought it'd be a perfect place to hold such a competition.

Below is a sample of one of the matchups that I'd post each day.

Thanks!

^  I think you should write details about how it would be done so that people could make suggestions to you.

Would it start with 64 girls?

Will there be seeds or will the matchups be random?  Seeds are preferable.  You can't have Elle going against Kate in the first round.  Waste of time.

Show us what your seeding would be so that we can help choose.  Don't go by that SI top 50 list.

You probably only need to get the top 8 seeds right in each region and then the rest don't matter so much but we would still like to see the entire list of girls.

I think we should continue the discussion here

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/39967-general-su-swimsuit-discussion/

you can post links in this thread to remind us to go there

^  I think you should write details about how it would be done so that people could make suggestions to you.

Would it start with 64 girls?

Will there be seeds or will the matchups be random?  Seeds are preferable.  You can't have Elle going against Kate in the first round.  Waste of time.

Show us what your seeding would be so that we can help choose.  Don't go by that SI top 50 list.

You probably only need to get the top 8 seeds right in each region and then the rest don't matter so much but we would still like to see the entire list of girls.

I think we should continue the discussion here

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/39967-general-su-swimsuit-discussion/

Hi!  The tournament details are explained here, as to not clutter this thread:

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/39967-general-su-swimsuit-discussion/?p=3239302

The quick answer to your questions are that the tournament is setup logically, with seeds, and I did not at all use SI's ranking system.  In fact, the differences between SI's ranking and my mathematical-based ranking are quite interesting, but that's a topic for another day.   :)

Check the link out above to see more details.  Thanks!

I'm dumb with anything numbers related so I won't be doing suggestions since I didn't understand the explanation on how this will work :ninja: I will however happily vote (Y)

I actually think 2012 & 2013 have been Anne's best SI years by miles. Particularly last year she killed it, I think she had the best pictures out of the bunch and I hated Kate a little for getting the cover instead of her. I say she's like a fine wine and just gets better with age, back in 2006 & 2007 she looked a bit too much like a blonde bimbo for me but now she looks amazing in every single shoot she does for SI or other companies.

Also this was pointed out to me by MarsVS. It could mean nothing at all but Sara Sampaio started following MJ, Janine & SI on Twitter/IG and Janine is following her now too so while it doesn't mean she'll be in the magazine I think she at least went to castings. While Sara is not with SI's go-to agency IMG, she is with Women, another agency SI uses a lot and she has the same manager as Irina & Anne V so if she did go to castings I'm sure that will help her odds of getting a spot.

ohh yesss u are right!... btw we never saw Valerie's casting so with Sara could be the same case. so watch out.. i would love to see sara as a rookie.

I'm dumb with anything numbers related so I won't be doing suggestions since I didn't understand the explanation on how this will work :ninja: I will however happily vote (Y)

Ha!  It'll be more clear when you see the brackets, MissLima.  :)  I hope you and many others on here vote, because I'm curious to see the results!

Ha!  It'll be more clear when you see the brackets, MissLima.   :)  I hope you and many others on here vote, because I'm curious to see the results!

Me i'm always ready to vote for Genevieve!  :D

Hello, Bellazon swimsuit lovers.  As suggested, I'm just posting a link to the SI Swimsuit Model Tournament that I created.  You can read all about it and discuss here:

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/49760-si-swimsuit-model-tournament-2013-vote-beginning-sept-4/

I don't think the first one is Kate because i her hair wasn't that light last time i saw her, second picture does look like her breast but we need a proper check.

The brunette tho, reminds me a lot of Sara S.

Are they shooting in NY? Because MJ & Darcie haven't left the city o.O ... I wonder if they're in NJ or smth like that