Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

^ Completely agree. Although I think they will not stop making Fantasy Bras (in past years I've read various articles about how much they're sold in Arabian countries, so I suppose there's actually a sort of return value), they need to come back to a more simple kind of show, when there were maximum two singers performing, not so many girls - so more than one segment for each girl - and simple but sexy outfits (the pics you've posted are perfect examples, simple things but so damn perfect and sexy). They would save a lot of money in this way and maybe use them for promotion, to open more stores all around the world, and something like that.

Utopian thinking, I know :D

I don't see the bra going anywhere. I don't understand why people take it for any other reason other than a publicity stunt, whether it's 15million or 2 million. That's it's main purpose, to get people fascinated enough to watch the show. Alessandra is all over the internet and news right now because of it, that's it's main purpose, to get people to know that the VS show is coming, and a multi-million dollar bra is going to be featured in it. That alone could gather up a sizable crowd.

A more expensive bra doesn't necessarily mean a more beautiful bra. Sometimes, less is more. The bras back then were more beautiful because it was a fresh thing back then, maybe they are just short of ideas, so they come up with whatever the hell they can since it's going to draw people's attention no matter how it looks because it's a multi-million dollar bra. I think that in 2009, the bra started getting way cheaper because of the recession, and then they figured why make a 12 million dollar bra if it's going to garner the same attention as a 2 million dollar bra. They can clearly afford to make a bra more expensive than 2 million, but it doesn't make sense to do it.

Point in case, the bra is a promotion for the show, which is a very effective one. I don't see it going anywhere.

Oh and don't see how the show is cheaper as well. They now hire 3 performers, ballerinas, gymnas etc. And apart from the Pink segments, I see spectacular outfits in the other segments. The girls might be more covered up and act cheesy, but the show is definitely bigger.

Well Danni said that Xenia Deli will be on the castings & that she is going on the 25th which is this Thursday so i think we should start getting updates on that this week & then next week more stuff about the fittings.

I only now Sarah through David Gandy but she has a killer body, would like to see her on the runway

What do u guys think about Caroline BN? I thought she was a bad choice for the show, but I liked how she turned out in the Pink segment. As long as she's covered up, I want her back

Also, why don't we have SI girls in the show? Is it that they can't do runway? Just that we need more commercial girls in the show. They are conventionally beautiful as opposed to the HF aliens..

What do u guys think about Caroline BN? I thought she was a bad choice for the show, but I liked how she turned out in the Pink segment. As long as she's covered up, I want her back

Also, why don't we have SI girls in the show? Is it that they can't do runway? Just that we need more commercial girls in the show. They are conventionally beautiful as opposed to the HF aliens..

Girls like Anja and Karlie might be skinny and not have the best bodies. But they have something special on the runway. Anja's walk in Super Angels was incredible. My fav from the whole show. I think the HF girls handle themselves great on the runway. So i'm always keen to see them at the show. Magdalena, Karlie, Joan, Toni, Anja, Natasha etc are amazing and should be there.

Girls like Anja and Karlie might be skinny and not have the best bodies. But they have something special on the runway. Anja's walk in Super Angels was incredible. My fav from the whole show. I think the HF girls handle themselves great on the runway. So i'm always keen to see them at the show. Magdalena, Karlie, Joan, Toni, Anja, Natasha etc are amazing and should be there.

I am so tired of this 'too skinny' argument...half the girls on that runway are 'TOO SKINNY' I feel that most people just pick and choose where to apply this critique according to their biases.

I also like HF girls on the runway.

Maryna looked angel quality in 2008 (I think that was her best year) and 2009 as well, but she fell off for me in 2011/2010. Still love her walk, but she looks aged.

I'm excited for Toni, Maryna, Anja, Constance

I would love/hate if Natasha made an appearance. What do you guys think about Ginta Lapina walking? I Think she would look great in the cast.

^Maryna looked smoking in 2010 as well. In 2011, she looked like marisa miller's older sister

Oh and Anja's walk gives me life, but she looked unhealthy last year. I don't care how good a model she is, her body is just a no for a lingerie show. She did look good prior to the 2011 shows.

I didn't like Maryna's make up in 2010, but her body is always on point. In general though, maryna looks older than she is a lot of the times. She was born in 87 I think... but she looks near 30 all the time. 2008 is still my favorite for her, so gorgeous. Anja had the worst costumes last year :laugh: I think this was last year... the horrible outfit during Superangels and then that stupid outfit with the hat omg...:rofl::rofl: I liked whatever year she had those white/cream odd shaped wings...everything was glossy and her body looked good. Same with in star troopers, she was perfect in that in 2009. Loved it. But a lot of high fashion models fluctuate in weight in that way quite often. I can agree she looks unhealthy, I just want to know why we're pretending like the other models don't.