Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

23 hours ago, kayyy said:

Those stories about Leo lying there and wearing headphones sure are flattering…

I don't even get your point. Do you want him delivering "killer skills in bed"? Being not gay? More six packed? Less yachting? Less controversial? More transparent about his private life?

If so I have big news for you: It's literally nothing of your business LOL

pro-life-abortion.gif

9 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

I don't even get your point. Do you want him delivering "killer skills in bed"? Being not gay? More six packed? Less yachting? Less controversial? More transparent about his private life?

If so I have big news for you: It's literally nothing of your business LOL

pro-life-abortion.gif

You can’t handle the slightest criticism of Leo. He is not a God no matter how much you think he is. He has been mocked and criticized mercilessly for his personal life in the last few years. As a longtime fan, I hate to see it and want better for him. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, then so be it. 

I can't handle criticism about Leo? 😀 Give me a break. :rofl:

Ok. So that's really funny because I tease him every time I have the oppurtunity. Just read my posts or ask some other members here. Lots of heat discussions are going on my bank account. I just don't like to judge a person without having any proof or personal expierence. That's something different.

You on the other hand makes me wonder: Why do you believe some strangers you know literally nothing about more than you believe in Leo especially as "longtime" fan? (your words) What has Leo done you lost faith in him and put bad words from others - who don't know him either - over him? (now I sound like a shrink but whatever)

I don't think you're a bad person. I don't even know you. What is exactly my whole point lol

On 1/13/2022 at 4:19 PM, Jade Bahr said:

I can't handle criticism about Leo? 😀 Give me a break. :rofl:

Ok. So that's really funny because I tease him every time I have the oppurtunity. Just read my posts or ask some other members here. Lots of heat discussions are going on my bank account. I just don't like to judge a person without having any proof or personal expierence. That's something different.

You on the other hand makes me wonder: Why do you believe some strangers you know literally nothing about more than you believe in Leo especially as "longtime" fan? (your words) What has Leo done you lost faith in him and put bad words from others - who don't know him either - over him? (now I sound like a shrink but whatever)

I don't think you're a bad person. I don't even know you. What is exactly my whole point lol

My apologies then if you’re not like that, I admittedly don’t post on here often. I think getting involved with Camila is one the worst decisions Leo has made in his romantic life. This “relationship” has lowkey damaged his reputation and turned him into a laughing stock. The whole “Leo refuses to date a woman older than 25” thing is widespread now and it’s starting to overshadow his career. He also doesn’t help himself as an environmentalist by chartering yachts and flying private. Many people have been calling him out lately for being a hypocrite when it comes to the environment.

^And yet DLU is one of his most successful movies ever. Or at least one of netflix most successful movies ever. So I'm not really convinced his private love life/enviromental behaviour is overshadowing his reputation as an actor.

I think the real question is if things would be really different if he were dating someone else (what's literally none of our business I didn't even understand why people so obsessed with the age of his girlfriends LOL) and staying away from yachts? I mean in the end of the day he would be still Leonardo. Honestly I think most people don't even know the meaning of the word hypocrite. They just see something inappropriate without ANY research and spreading the word to describe their indignation.

Here is an interesting article about the stretch Leo have to made as the rich climate activist he is and his carbon intensive lifestyle and that he's far away from being a so called 'hypocrite'.

Rich climate activist Leonardo DiCaprio lives a carbon-intensive lifestyle, and that's (mostly) fine

At the 2016 Academy Awards, Leo DiCaprio accepted his Best Actor trophy with a speech that included a passionate call to action on climate change.

As inevitably as night follows day, social media was flooded with people attacking DiCaprio as a hypocrite for living a carbon-intensive lifestyle.

This kind of thing has been around for as long as I've been writing about climate change. People never tire of pointing out that Al Gore lives in a "mansion" or that scientists fly all over the world to climate conferences, spewing CO2. Any time I mention a vacation online I am immediately scolded as a hypocrite by at least one of the trolls who follow me around waiting for such opportunities.

It's not just conservatives or climate skeptics, either. There have always been plenty of environmentalists and liberals who scorn Gore and other climate leaders for their supposed hypocrisy.

There's clearly something powerful in the critique. It elicits strong, intuitive reactions, which is rare with arguments related to climate change.

But I don't think it holds up. In particular, I think it runs two different arguments together.

Argument 1: Climate advocates who don't reduce their emissions are hypocrites

This is the claim that really grabs people at a gut level. And it makes a certain sense: If you say carbon emissions are bad, and you emit lots of carbon, and you don't work to reduce your own carbon emissions, then either a) you don't really think carbon emissions are bad, or b) you're a hypocrite.

But there's a hidden premise here, which lots of people take for granted but shouldn't. The premise is that personal emission reductions are an important part of the fight against climate change — if you take climate seriously, you take on an obligation to reduce your own emissions.

Is that true? Not necessarily. It is entirely possible to believe, as many people do, that voluntary emission reductions are pointless vanity, that the only efficacious solutions to climate change involve extended, coordinated action by governments. They view the moralism around personal emissions as a distraction, a way of diverting environmentalist energy and alienating non-environmentalists.

People who believe that are not engaged in hypocrisy if they fly, or buy an SUV, or eat a hamburger. They are not advocating sacrifice or asceticism; they don't believe it would do any good. They believe people will take advantage of the options available to them until some combination of regulation and innovation makes cleaner options available.

If they advocate for, and are willing to abide by, taxes and regulations designed to reduce emissions, then such folks are being true to their beliefs. You might think they are wrong about the value of personal behavior, but they are not hypocrites.

Is there any evidence that DiCaprio has advocated personal emission reductions or told anyone they ought to forgo planes or boats? If so, I haven't seen it.

Perhaps he has done the math and realized that the emissions of any single rich person are insignificant to the big picture on climate.

Here are the per capita carbon emissions of the world's top 10 overall carbon emitters:

per_capita_emissions.png

More recent data has shifted slightly, but we don't need to be all that precise. The world average is around 7 metric tons a year per person. In the US, it's around 20 metric tons.

Let's say that by flying and yachting all over the world, DiCaprio is responsible for 500 times the emissions of the average American — 10,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases a year.

How much is that? Here are some annual greenhouse gas emission figures, in metric tons (years range from 2010 to 2013):

Even if extravagant by mere mortal standards, DiCaprio's personal emissions are a fart in the wind when it comes to climate change. If he vanished tomorrow, and all his emissions with him, the effect on global temperature, even on US emissions, even on film-industry emissions, would be lost in the noise.

Climate change is extremely large. No single human can directly generate enough emissions to make a dent. And all indications are that DiCaprio knows that. That's why he said:

We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters, but who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be most affected by this.

He didn't say, "We need to buy LED lightbulbs. And avoid yachts." His focus is on political leadership.

So the "hypocrisy" charge fails. You're not a hypocrite for not doing things you haven't said anyone else should do either.

(Note: There are certainly people who think reducing one's personal emissions is a moral obligation, for everyone, and that high-profile climate leaders ought to lead the way. I disagree, but it's a legitimate claim. But even if you accept the claim, the conclusion is that DiCaprio is wrong, not that he's a hypocrite.)

Argument 2: Public figures ought to do more climate signaling

You could agree that voluntary personal emission reductions are irrelevant to the big picture on climate change and still think that high-profile public figures like DiCaprio are in a unique position to signal. Their choices and habits have outsize effects on culture. People look to them for indications about what is and isn't important, so they have an obligation to send the right signals.

There's definitely something to this argument. But there are two important things to remember about it.

First, if signaling is the issue, well, DiCaprio is supporting electric cars and pushing for clean energy in the film industry and building eco-resorts and supporting clean energy campaigns and starting a friggin' climate charity. Oh, and making heartfelt appeals in front of 9 million people at the Academy Awards.

That's a lot of signaling! Read this piece in Rolling Stone or this one in the Guardian. DiCaprio has a long history of serious work on this issue. By any measure, he's doing better on signaling than the vast majority of wealthy, influential people.

Do pictures of him on a yacht undo all that? No one's provided any evidence to support that claim.

Second, note that this argument applies to all wealthy, influential people, not just the ones who advocate for action on climate change. If it is a moral good for influential people to signal that low carbon is a priority, then it is a moral good for all of them. Those who speak up about climate change are under no special obligation over and above that.

All that said, yes, conspicuous consumption is a kind of signaling too — a bad kind, for reasons that go far beyond climate change. Generally, parading your hyperconsumption is corrosive to social solidarity. (Oddly, very few of the conservatives who yell at DiCaprio make this argument.)

So if there's any grounds for complaint against DiCaprio, it's the same complaint fairly directed at any wealthy hyperconsumer: Signaling restraint is a gesture of social solidarity. They should all do more of it. Including the ones who never say a word about climate change.

To sum up

We've got to stop using fossil fuels as rapidly as possible. Doing that will mean some mix of technological, political, and social change. Undoubtedly lifestyle changes will come along with any such transition.

I wouldn't presume to predict what those lifestyle changes will be. But insofar as progress on decarbonization proceeds at the pace it needs to, it will do so because lower-carbon alternatives are cheaper or more convenient, or offer features and benefits their dirty competitors can't.

I have trouble envisioning voluntary restraint catching on at any scale that makes a difference. Cleaner energy will be more fun, more prosperous, better, or it won't happen.

So sure, maybe DiCaprio ought to rein it in with the yachts and personal jets. But only for the same reasons all rich people ought to, not because he's advocating for better climate policy. Everyone ought to advocate for better climate policy!

Policy is the big picture. If we get that right, both income inequality and emissions will decline and more people will be better off. If we get it wrong, the size of DiCaprio's boat won't matter one way or the other.

Source

Leonardo DiCaprio ‘Distancing’ From Camila Morrone Before She Turns 25

Leonardo DiCaprio’s current girlfriend, an actress and model Camila Morrone, turning 25 years old this summer, does this spell doom for the pair’s four-year relationship? That’s what one tabloid reports this week.

Leonardo DiCaprio ‘Tiring’ Of Camila Morrone?

Life & StyleThis week’s question: “Is Leo Tiring of Camila?”According to tabloids, Leonardo DiCaprio’s career as an actor has been characterized by a reputation for being a “regular guy” over the past 20 years. “perpetual bachelor” thanks to the fact that he hasn’t publicly dated anyone over the age of 25. Since Camila Morrone, DiCaprio’s girlfriend of four years, is turning 25 in June this year, the outlet and its sources aren’t too optimistic about the couple’s future together. 

“They really have had a great relationship,”Insisted on a source. “He’s the perpetual bachelor, though, and can’t seem to shake that mentality.” Morrone hasn’t even turned the big two-five yet, but the relationship is allegedly already cooling off, the source continues. 

These are the Two Reasons Why ‘Cooling Off’

“Leo has been distancing himself from Camila and spending more time partying with his boys,”The snitch comments, adding: “Friends see the same clues he always shows before dumping a girl!” What’s the cause of this sudden shift? The source has answers, but we aren’t too certain those answers are trustworthy. Apparently, Morrone’s rising star and recent successes as an actress are to blame for the couple’s relationship woes. 

Until fairly recently, Morrone’s biggest role was as the lead in the 2019 indie film Mickey and the Bear, but she’s been cast in a main role in Amazon’s new original series Daisy Jones & The SixThis is what has catapulted her career even further. “Leo seems to lose interest when his partner becomes more successful,”The source claims. “No one in his inner circle is exactly why, but it could just be because it means more time apart.” 

Despite the fact that DiCaprio and Morrone were recently spotted vacationing with friends in St. Barts, the source seems convinced that the end is nigh for the two’s relationship.  “Camila is sweet, very positive and super low-maintenance. Leo could end up regretting it if he lets her go.” Though the source appears to think of Morrone and DiCaprio’s split as a forgone conclusion, we’re not so certain. 

Gossip Cop has its own take on the matter

First of all, it’s ridiculous that this source and tabloid claim Leonardo DiCaprio drops his lady loves as soon as their star begins to rise. He dated Blake Lively in 2011, who was at the height of her career after four years of leading Teen Drama. Gossip Girl. He also dated one of the world’s most famous supermodels, Giselle Bündchen, from 1999 to 2004. It would appear that success is not a factor in DiCaprio’s break ups since he’s consistently dated some of the most successful women in Hollywood and beyond. 

It’s also too early to tell if Camila Morrone’s upcoming birthday will spell doom or signal a new era in DiCaprio’s dating life. It’s true that DiCaprio’s previous partners’ ages topped off at 25, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Morrone’s on her way out the door. She’s only 24 years old. She still has a little over a year before turning 26, which would mark a historic milestone in DiCaprio’s dating career.

It doesn’t help L&S’s case that we’ve caught them spreading misinformation about DiCaprio’s relationship with Morrone multiple times in the past. In the past two years, the outlet has flipped between claiming DiCaprio was ready and not ready to propose and claiming they were at the breaking point and ready to leave each other. Neither story had any truth to it, which is why we can’t help but view anything the tabloid publishes on the subject with a healthy amount of skepticism. 

Source

51 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Leonardo DiCaprio ‘Distancing’ From Camila Morrone Before She Turns 25

Leonardo DiCaprio’s current girlfriend, an actress and model. Camila Morrone, turning 25 years old this summer, does this spell doom for the pair’s four-year relationship? That’s what one tabloid reports this week.

Leonardo DiCaprio ‘Tiring’ Of Camila Morrone?

Life & StyleThis week’s question: “Is Leo Tiring of Camila?”According to tabloids, Leonardo DiCaprio’s career as an actor has been characterized by a reputation for being a “regular guy” over the past 20 years. “perpetual bachelor” thanks to the fact that he hasn’t publicly dated anyone over the age of 25. Since Camila Morrone, DiCaprio’s girlfriend of four years, is turning 25 in June this year, the outlet and its sources aren’t too optimistic about the couple’s future together. 

“They really have had a great relationship,”Insisted on a source. “He’s the perpetual bachelor, though, and can’t seem to shake that mentality.” Morrone hasn’t even turned the big two-five yet, but the relationship is allegedly already cooling off, the source continues. 

These are the Two Reasons Why ‘Cooling Off’

“Leo has been distancing himself from Camila and spending more time partying with his boys,”The snitch comments, adding: “Friends see the same clues he always shows before dumping a girl!” What’s the cause of this sudden shift? The source has answers, but we aren’t too certain those answers are trustworthy. Apparently, Morrone’s rising star and recent successes as an actress are to blame for the couple’s relationship woes. 

Until fairly recently, Morrone’s biggest role was as the lead in the 2019 indie film Mickey and the Bear, but she’s been cast in a main role in Amazon’s new original series Daisy Jones & The SixThis is what has catapulted her career even further. “Leo seems to lose interest when his partner becomes more successful,”The source claims. “No one in his inner circle is exactly why, but it could just be because it means more time apart.” 

Despite the fact that DiCaprio and Morrone were recently spotted vacationing with friends in St. Barts, the source seems convinced that the end is nigh for the two’s relationship.  “Camila is sweet, very positive and super low-maintenance. Leo could end up regretting it if he lets her go.” Though the source appears to think of Morrone and DiCaprio’s split as a forgone conclusion, we’re not so certain. 

Gossip Cop has its own take on the matter

First of all, it’s ridiculous that this source and tabloid claim Leonardo DiCaprio drops his lady loves as soon as their star begins to rise. He dated Blake Lively in 2011, who was at the height of her career after four years of leading Teen Drama. Gossip Girl. He also dated one of the world’s most famous supermodels, Giselle Bündchen, from 1999 to 2004. It would appear that success is not a factor in DiCaprio’s break ups since he’s consistently dated some of the most successful women in Hollywood and beyond. 

It’s also too early to tell if Camila Morrone’s upcoming birthday will spell doom or signal a new era in DiCaprio’s dating life. It’s true that DiCaprio’s previous partners’ ages topped off at 25, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Morrone’s on her way out the door. She’s only 24 years old. She still has a little over a year before turning 26, which would mark a historic milestone in DiCaprio’s dating career.

It doesn’t help L&S’s case that we’ve caught them spreading misinformation about DiCaprio’s relationship with Morrone multiple times in the past. In the past two years, the outlet has flipped between claiming DiCaprio was ready and not ready to propose and claiming they were at the breaking point and ready to leave each other. Neither story had any truth to it, which is why we can’t help but view anything the tabloid publishes on the subject with a healthy amount of skepticism. 

Source

lol this one seems completely manufactured. I'm not a huge fan of Camila--- especially her parents but Leo really seems to like her. They go everywhere together---

1 hour ago, Lilja K said:

I'm just curious, does anyone thinks that age 25 matters? Or it's coincidence that he has no relationship with woman above 25? Personally I don't consider Leo as a "creep" or "pedo" 

Interesting question--- In my opinion it's not just a coincidence but it's hard to explain. I also don't want to raise the fury of a particular lurker on this board----- she called me old and ugly once 😅 so I'll just leave at that. I do think Irmelin and George did a good job raising him and would definitely not consider him a pedo. People are just jealous tbh--- if given a choice most people would pick someone younger to date but I struggle to understand what connection their could possibly mentally because it's such a big age difference. 

38 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

In my opinion it's not just a coincidence but it's hard to explain.

I heard theory about his exes wanted kids and family, when they reached 25 and he still wasn't ready. I don't know what actually happened, but that theory makes some sense imo. 

Also the only who gave exhaustive answer was Gisele, her and Leo really had different goals. 

5 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

I heard theory about his exes wanted kids and family, when they reached 25 and he still wasn't ready. I don't know what actually happened, but that theory makes some sense imo. 

Also the only who gave exhaustive answer was Gisele, her and Leo really had different goals. 

I agree. Gisele, Bar and Toni married in thier respective relationships after Leo. I'm pretty sure that is a reason for him to date younger women, because he wasn't/isn't ready to have that yet. These rumors about Leo ditancing himself from Cami are just crap I think. We saw the pics of them looking happy and in love kissing on their vacation.

1 minute ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Toni Garrn gave little insights about her relationship with Leo in some german podcast, too. Same for Erin Heatherton. This is why I actually don't believe in the whole contract thing.

I remember in one 2017 (if I'm not mistaken) interview she said she wanted kids (more than one). 

9 minutes ago, akatosh said:

I agree. Gisele, Bar and Toni married in thier respective relationships after Leo. I'm pretty sure that is a reason for him to date younger women, because he wasn't/isn't ready to have that yet. These rumors about Leo ditancing himself from Cami are just crap I think. We saw the pics of them looking happy and in love kissing on their vacation.

Cami also mentioned that she wants to be a mama, but looks like she not insisting (otherwise they'd split earlier). 

^I really really wonder at which point in his life Leo decided to want not having kids. Because I heard him literally a dozen of times speaking about having a family "one day" and I don't think he said such things just to satisfied the press. He also seems so natural with children.

leonardo-dicaprio-babies-kids.jpg

When I see the beach pics of him and Camila surrounded by their parents, playing with kids, and dogs... it all screams "family" to me. He kinda seemed like the guy who would love to have this big italian famiglia (loud and wild and happy) but on the other hand he seems sometimes like this big alpha wolf who never really found his own cozy spot to rest. I mean he has many people he's deeply connected with for years but still... I don't know. It's a little mysterium to me.

22 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

^I really really wonder at which point in his life Leo decided to want not having kids. Because I heard him literally a dozen of times speaking about having a family "one day" and I don't think he said such things just to satisfied the press. He also seems so natural with children.

leonardo-dicaprio-babies-kids.jpg

Also when I see those beach pics of him and Camila, playing with kids, and dogs... he kinda seemed like the guy who would love to have a big italian famiglia (loud and wild and happy) but on the other hand he seems sometimes like this big alpha wolf who never really found his own cozy spot to rest. I mean he has many people he's deeply connected with for years but still... I don't know. It's a little mysterium to me.

That's really strange, but who knows what's on his mind. We can only assume.