Bellazon

Candids

Neo52285

I think VS should learn a bit about the phenomenon called overexposure. I like Candice, but like you I´m getting annoyed because it looks like they could only afford one girl, and hired a couple on the side to fill things up. They should mix it up, give the other models a chance to earn their spot.

And I also agree on Adri´s funny faces. I mean, she´s not 14 anymore, she´s a grown woman. She lost that innocent, shy freshness she had, which made those cheeky smiles forgiveable, endearing even. Now it looks like it´s part of an act.

As I took this shot of Adriana Lima the security grabbed me. I was in my own world but I guess it did look pretty weird. Especially as I was alone and smiling like an idiot.

rus.jpg

russel james facebook

Haha, that's a funny story. Well, you must probably be a pretty idiot, because that guy was smiling at you.

(I also did this with my phone. But mine is so small, it looks like an mp3 player. I can get away with taking pictures because people don't expect it)

Now it looks like it´s part of an act.

Yes I agree. I'd prefer to see her a bit more natural rather than what appears to be 'put-on'. It seems fake and even if she was 14, it would still be weird. I wonder if any other models make faces like that? I really think she's the only one. But with that said, at least her poses aren't boring but she can do 'different' poses and come across a bit less 'hyper-active'/more natural.

Lost_Soul o.O .... I finally opened some of these pics, and Adriana is getting a little double chin?

Also I was thinking about her pictures, and yanno what they remind me of? Prom.... Just think about how the majority of high school students going to their first prom act in front of the camera.

*shakes head* She's gonna be pushing 30, and I honestly don't see VS using much more of Adriana after this big "comeback. Maybe in clothing, or a bra here and there... and of course she'll do runway, but I don't see Miss Thang staying as a regular.

I can see VS keeping her around because of her name, just like they did with Heidi, but just like Heidi Adriana's starting to look her age... How some of you can say she looks younger then normal is beyond me.... and to top it all off, Adriana looks like she's not taken off all the baby weight. She looks bloated in these new candids... she looked thicker then normal in her last editorial with her man... almost like Monica Bellucci... actually her body looks damn near identical to Monica's after she put weight on.

... and then there's the double chin. These things happen to a woman as they get older, nothing wrong with that, but in the modeling world, it's kinda the kiss of death.

Putting aside all that... she NEEDS to hurry her butt up and come back or VS needs to hurry the hell up and put her pics out... sooo over Miranda/Candice/Rosie & Ale :banghead:

In the last 4 weeks. She's shot

2-3 Big time VS campaigns

1-2 VS commercials

3-4 catalog shoots

1-2 Beauty Campaigns

Hmmmm.....

People can think all they want that she's not going to be a regular...but it's simply not going to happen.

She's signed to VS until 2012, Beauty contract until 2014, which means they'll resign her Angel contract for another 5 years...yea she's not going anywhere.

They haven't signed a new angel since Doutzen, if they were thinking about getting rid of their biggest money maker (besides Ale) they'd be doing some damage control. It is said within the walls of VS (I speak to People can wish and wish and think and think she's going somewhere but she isn't...far from it. She holds one of their biggest contracts, she's one of their biggest money makers and after the huge uproar they got last year from her not being on the show (BIG uproar) she isn't going anywhere soon.

As for her "double chin" and body. Well if you look back at Candids all the way till '03 she had a "double chin" I wouldn't even call it that. I'm very thin, and if I laugh or pull my face in like she tends to do, I can have that same appearance. Doesn't mean I have one, at all.

People say she looks younger, because just take a glance at her Nomad photos, her comeback video, and the video that is in my avator. She's looking younger and fresher, and besides this event, she has. She had one bad event, it does happen from time to time. Fashion people are fawning all over (VS BIG time) Russell James even said she looks better than ever and VS is happier with how she looks now more than ever. Since giving birth she looks younger, and fresher. Heck, she's in town for when they usually shoot the fantasy bra, and with VS basically giving her everything right now...and her doing this event....points to her getting the bra (Swarovski and VS are tied together, they work together 98% of the time) Since she hosted this event, and never really said what it was for, has been in town right as they are getting ready to shoot the bra...I wouldn't be surprised.

As for her body, I love Monica...but Adriana in that editorial is NO WHERE near the size of Monica...Adriana's breasts were bigger (which can make any woman look bigger, but if you look at the rest of her body she is about the size she is currently...maybe 5lbs different. Also the editorial was shot in late Feb, early March, several months ago...and she hadn't gotten the weight off yet. According to Russell (I emailed him, he says she's as small as she's ever been...and he's been working with her since about 2000)

So people hope, pray, beg the Lord she's leaving, or not getting as much work...but she's actually booking more work, she's got 2 HF campaigns coming out, a few more HF projects, and VS is basically using her for everything right now (which will all premier after the Semi Annual Sale) She isn't going anywhere :)

When the hell is that damn Semi Annual Sale ending? ... Im desperate for the next VS update, specially 'cuz i wanna see Adriana >.<

BTW, a friend of mine went to that thing in Madrid & she told me that Adriana is waaay skinnier than how she looks in the pictures ... & if you see her in the video from a interview she made that day, she does look smaller there ... I blame the poses for her 'double chin'

I'm with the majority that thinks she looks younger, but it's the make up that makes her look older 99% of the time. I don't know. It's like her face doesn't take a lot of make up well. I'm guessing she did her own make up here or one of her Spanish friends because whenever VS does it (besides the show) I think it looks perfect.

Two words: guyliner. That 'splains the whole double-chin and the wacky poses.

And to all of you bitchin' that she's too old or that she needs to go away, go EFF yourselves! You granola-eating fashionistas and your skewed left-winged Liberal pinko-Communist vision of beauty doesn't support the fact that she's much more happier and healthier and confident than she's ever been in years. She smokes the competition 2-to-1 compared to any high-fashioned models.

Excuse me, while I go puke on the latest H&M campaign.

Ok seriously, everyone is making such a BIG deal out of these pictures! I mean i don't know what angle people are looking at these pictures from but they aren't even half as bad as you guys are making it seem. Her makeup, hair, or whatever else people are referring to does not even look bad, i think she looks friken gorgeous! And i'm sorry but unlike all these other stick skinny models that do the same pose in every picture....she's not doing those boring ass poses. she looks cute doing her silly faces, and i mean if she's happy what is it to anyone else?? leave her alone! jeez

And to all of you bitchin' that she's too old or that she needs to go away, go EFF yourselves! You granola-eating fashionistas and your skewed left-winged Liberal pinko-Communist vision of beauty doesn't support the fact that she's much more happier and healthier and confident than she's ever been in years. She smokes the competition 2-to-1 compared to any high-fashioned models.

Just wanted to bump this because it made me laugh so much. I totally agree with you though. With Adriana less (makeup) is more, which I can't say for many models.

Take this pic for example (originally posted by Lilso78)

29162_392035222775_356373792775_4203890_4408184_n.jpg

Just a little bit to make her features stand out more. Stunning as hell.

You never seem to fail me(except for not posting the other HQ's of Miranda's GQ shoot).

:gocho: