Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

:clap::clap: 

Doutzen Kroes Doesn't Want Her Unborn Daughter to Model

With her attractive family history and Victoria's Secret genes, Doutzen Kroes' daughter—due this fall—is very likely to fall on the incredibly beautiful spectrum. But, the Dutch model says, instead of cooing over her little girl and praising her looks, she plans on delivering a different kind of mantra: "Instead of saying, ‘You’re so beautiful,’ I’ll say, ‘You’re smart,’ so she’ll have different aspirations in life than beauty and modeling," Kroes told Page Six. "Though I love my job, I’m not changing the world. I’d love for her to study and to have different aspirations. We need to teach girls they can become presidents, and it’s not about beauty all the time.”

Kroes, who is already mother to son Phyllon Joy Gorré, has been very outspoken about body image and beauty standards in the modeling industry in the past. The model, who has spoken on behalf of the CFDA's Health Initiative, has previously said that she feels bad about the message images of her body might send to young girls: “Sometimes it makes me feel guilty now that I am in this profession that makes certain girls insecure,” she told Page Six last year. “I always say, I don’t look like the picture...If you put me in bad light with no hair and makeup, it’s not good.. I wake up sometimes like, this is not what I see when I look at the magazine, who is this visitor in the bathroom?”

It's always nice to see a model putting the kibosh on the #IWokeUpLikeThis myth, but even nicer when it's a model mom weighing in on the importance of brains over beauty. Mini Doutzen Kroes for president!

http://www.elle.com/news/culture/doutzen-kroes-daughter-modeling?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1448_55346645&linkId=8092155

Funny of her to say that since she just did a photoshoot with her son.

That's different. She was doing it for a good cause. A charity project for babies to stop be born with aids.