Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here

Joe > Average

^Soo pretty much all that was lost was things posted within the past 14 hours, and our avatars (uploading within the last month)?

And another, these images lost to threads and whatnot will be restored once the part comes correct?

Also maddog appreciate all the work your do'in :)

Sorry the posts are gone, once I get the machine back up I would be able to see the posts but there is no way to "merge" them with what would be the curent database.

Regarding "images" I am refering to images uploaded using the upload function and Avatars and sigs that have been uploaded over the last month.

What do you mean about topics showing 5 instead of 3 pages? Anything done in the last 14 or so hours was lost. Sorry :flower:

Edited by Mahi

You are fine to post new images :)

And yes, only 14 hours of posts are lost and sometime next week the images from the last month will magically reappear.

I'm a bit confused by this ... so only the posts (now empty) uploaded via the site's upload function from December will reappear? And NONE prior to the 14 hours in January? If that is the case, then more than 14 hours of posts have been lost. Please clarify.

BTW, thank you, as always, for all your hard work in restoring BZ from its latest disaster. :flower:

Posts are stored in the DB, since the "main" BZ server crashed, I setup BZ on the secondary server with the previous days backups. That DB backup was from midnight the night before. Once I get the main BZ server back up I would have access to those posts but its impossible for me to "merge" them with the DB and the posts that will be current in say 5 days from now.

Now the images, I didn't have daily backups (since its so many), I do monthly type backups. Once the "main" server comes back though I *CAN* merge images easily, because they reside on the filesystem, so its a simple copy and paste. Once I do that, the missing images from Dec 6th -> Jan 9th will reappear. Thats why I can restore the missing attachments, but cant restore the missing posts.

Hope thats kinda clear. And you live and you learn, I will add the images to my daily backup job so there would be a much smaller loss.

Everyone. We had a failure on our RAID controller and after much trying to revive it we decided to fail over to our backup machine. We lost a few posts (backup was from 1am) and have lost about a month worth of images (temporarily). Once we receive the new RAID controller early next week we will sync up the images again to restore them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't really get whats going on (sorry xD im not really good with computers & stuff so) but I noticed i have my old avatar back..? Can I just change it to the avatar that i have with this signature?

Yup feel free to change it. Everything is running fine for now and no additional data should be lost.

You are fine to post new images :)

And yes, only 14 hours of posts are lost and sometime next week the images from the last month will magically reappear.

I'm a bit confused by this ... so only the posts (now empty) uploaded via the site's upload function from December will reappear? And NONE prior to the 14 hours in January? If that is the case, then more than 14 hours of posts have been lost. Please clarify.

BTW, thank you, as always, for all your hard work in restoring BZ from its latest disaster. :flower:

Are the photos uploaded using the attachment function lost forever? Or just the ones within that 14 hours?

No images should be lost and should be restored in the next week, just the posts made in the 14 hour span were lost. Ill let you all know once I receive the new RAID card hopefully before the end of the week.

I don't really get whats going on (sorry xD im not really good with computers & stuff so) but I noticed i have my old avatar back..? Can I just change it to the avatar that i have with this signature?

Yup feel free to change it. Everything is running fine for now and no additional data should be lost.