Jump to content
Bellazon

Problems and Suggestions for BZ - Post Here


Joe > Average
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, kimflorida said:

For some reason, this thread keeps getting moved to the MODEL ID board every time someone adds a new post. It needs to get moved back to the Female General Discussion Board. TIA :flower:

 

:Dinah:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, BPenson89 said:

I'm not sure if this is so much of a problem as it is a question, but are somewhat new users not allowed to post in the sub-forums? I've been following the SI Swimsuit 2020 thread.

 

It's dependent on how many posts you have, I believe. If memory serves, 100 is the threshold for the SI thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, modelknowledge said:

When I first joined here there was bellazon etiquette. You had to have a bio or for models stats and agencies. What happened to that? I remember your thread would get deleted if a model didn't have a full name and "bio". Ads, Covers, Editorials all were labelled to the best of your ability. None of that seems to apply anymore. Can we please go back to having some kind of general format for threads because the amount of reposts due to not labeling is insane.

 

It would probably be a rarity for us to consider doing an outright deletion of a topic lacking a bio. In general though, yes, members who create content are expected and should certainly be willing to provide some information in the body of the post, even if it's just the basics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

 

It would probably be a rarity for us to consider doing an outright deletion of a topic lacking a bio. In general though, yes, members who create content are expected and should certainly be willing to provide some information in the body of the post, even if it's just the basics.

You need to have a way to enforce things. I am seeing tons of older members posting without bios and just one picture of editorial. Not every model needs a thread which is why I created all those model lists. Maybe we need a sub thread just for magazines and campaigns. You seem to be getting more and more people interested in those as opposed to the actual model which might be part of the issue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, modelknowledge said:

You need to have a way to enforce things. I am seeing tons of older members posting without bios and just one picture of editorial. Not every model needs a thread which is why I created all those model lists. Maybe we need a sub thread just for magazines and campaigns. You seem to be getting more and more people interested in those as opposed to the actual model which might be part of the issue 

 

Yeah, I mean, I guess there's a fine line between trusting our membership to follow the forum's guidelines and removing the sense of immediacy that makes posting so satisfying, but I see no reason why we couldn't have a chat about the best way to strike a balance. In the meantime, please do feel free to hit ye olde report button if you see a post that breaks the rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, Michael* said:

 

Yeah, I mean, I guess there's a fine line between trusting our membership to follow the forum's guidelines and removing the sense of immediacy that makes posting so satisfying, but I see no reason why we couldn't have a chat about the best way to strike a balance. In the meantime, please do feel free to hit ye olde report button if you see a post that breaks the rules.

But when it creates more work to delete duplicate topics, posts, etc. Maybe just a nice nudge to remind people to be organized would help you in the long run. 

 

That being said, how about a separate section for Magazines and Campaigns. The people who post magazines and campaigns don't always care for the model but rather the art of it. If we can have a whole sub-section for Victoria Secret, there is no reason why we can't section just for editorials and campaigns that can be easily found by others. So many people are scanning here and creating random model threads just to post their scans. These members need a spot to come together. Its not like you have to move anything around none of it exists.

 

Just an idea of how you could lay it out.

 

Magazine & Campaigns

1. Vogue World Wide  (Sub sections by decades & Country)

2. Elle Worldwide  (Sub sections by decades & Country)

3. Cosmopolitan World Wide (Sub sections by decades & Country)

4. Campaigns/Print Ads (Sub sections for fashion campaigns, commercial campaigns, etc)

5. All other magazines (Sub Sections for magazines with lots of additions like Shape and Grazia)

6. Photographers 

7. Hair & Makeup Artist

 

If someone is interested in Valentino the designer, they should be able to go to that section and look at all of Valentino's creations. Similar to someone who wants to see 1970s editorials. Just seems like the next progression to be made.

 

 

 


  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

 

Another tiny suggestion is having a clear list of allowed file and image hosts so mods are on the same page about what is allowed.

 

Also IPB is dumping the imageproxy with 4.5 but they do leave an option keep the cached images on the local server. Since BZ can host images to keep them alive as long as possible it's a good way to preserve a lot of them. It's not on by default during the upgrade.

 

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, Shepherd said:

Posts are taking 23-24 seconds to "save" which is not a big deal but far different from the almost instant way they used to. (The size of the post is not a factor.)

 

In any topic in particular? Is it more pronounced on large threads than normal ones. I havent noticed any delay but any info is appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, stalkerazzi said:

Hey,

 

Another tiny suggestion is having a clear list of allowed file and image hosts so mods are on the same page about what is allowed.

 

Also IPB is dumping the imageproxy with 4.5 but they do leave an option keep the cached images on the local server. Since BZ can host images to keep them alive as long as possible it's a good way to preserve a lot of them. It's not on by default during the upgrade.

 

Cheers!

 

We use to have imagecache enabled, but it created a huge mess back in the day so we disabled it. I dont forsee going back to it. 

 

Ideally just upload to our servers so it will be saved forever :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2020 at 5:53 PM, modelknowledge said:

When I first joined here there was bellazon etiquette. You had to have a bio or for models stats and agencies. What happened to that? I remember your thread would get deleted if a model didn't have a full name and "bio". Ads, Covers, Editorials all were labelled to the best of your ability. None of that seems to apply anymore. Can we please go back to having some kind of general format for threads because the amount of reposts due to not labeling is insane.

 

 

Yes I am working on implementing something like that. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...