Bellazon

Looks vs. Personality

Chicken

Woah, i guess im pretty shallow compared to you then :ninja: . Just thinking about kissing that guy makes me wanna throw up :ninja: .

tsk tsk...why exactly were you thinking about it in the first place? :ninja: :p

Because going out with the guy would imply kissing :p :whistle:

persuazn : Callleeebbb :heart: it's him, right :p ? I'd go out with him even if he was the biggest asshole :ninja: He's just so hot :ninja: :evil:

I think looks matter to an extent. I, personally, need to feel some kind of physical attraction. I think most people do, it's just our nature. Now, I'm not saying that a great personality can't help a physical attraction more prevelant, but I think that initial chemistry between two people is very important.

However, a very physically attractive person can become unattractive with the lack of a personality. It works both ways.

It also depends on what two people have in common. Not only is it personality that determines whether I'd date someone, it's background, lifestyle, religion, hobbies... etc, that would be real reason if I would keep dating the person.

I think that initial chemistry between two people is very important.

However, a very physically attractive person can become unattractive with the lack of a personality. It works both ways.

I agree with you...Your explanation just made alot more sense.

lol ahhaha nice sig chicken really

you know its funny...we choose to hate male models yet like the female ones...hmmm now thats a bit prejudice...dont cha think so? :/

Well,I have my reasons for not liking the male models...yeah I'm being unfair,but I just don't like them I can't help it... I guess thats how the world works...

I know I'm not perfect,but as human beings we tend to judge others and worst discriminate.

I think personality is a lot more important than looks and that initial physical attraction isn't vital for everyone. I can appreciate beauty, but looks honestly do not mean a thing to me in a partner. I fall for a personality, not a pretty picture. I've had crushes on fat guys, skinny guys, guys with big noses, guys with bat ears, guys with large-looking heads, guys with crooked noses, hairy guys, balding guys, guys with greying hair... how they look just doesn't matter to me. I get to know everyone (regardless of whether I find them physically attractive or not) and give them all a chance to get to know me before I even think of pursuing them and once I fall for their personality they become more physically attractive to me even if I did not find them attractive initially. That is just the way it works for me, unless they are extremely unhygienic and don't present themselves well at all. It is only natural for people to avoid those who look unhealthy because we can't get ill if we wish to survive and we definitely shouldn't mate with someone who looks unhealthy if we want strong children. That's why most people dislike entering extremely crowded places; it's not healthy and it's easier to catch something.

Anyway, what makes me attracted to a person is their personality, goals/wants in life, beliefs, interests and life experiences. If they have the personality I like and all the other things I listed in common with me I will most likely start falling for them and once that happens physical attraction just keeps on increasing for me. Maybe I am just weird, I don't know.

I've had crushes on fat guys, skinny guys, guys with big noses, guys with bat ears, guys with large-looking heads, guys with crooked noses, hairy guys, balding guys, guys with greying hair...

What about big hair?..I have a crush on this guy with really big hair,gosh his hair is really big...I still like him though :p

I think personality is a lot more important than looks and that initial physical attraction isn't vital for everyone. I can appreciate beauty, but looks honestly do not mean a thing to me in a partner. I fall for a personality, not a pretty picture. I've had crushes on fat guys, skinny guys, guys with big noses, guys with bat ears, guys with large-looking heads, guys with crooked noses, hairy guys, balding guys, guys with greying hair... how they look just doesn't matter to me. I get to know everyone (regardless of whether I find them physically attractive or not) and give them all a chance to get to know me before I even think of pursuing them and once I fall for their personality they become more physically attractive to me even if I did not find them attractive initially. That is just the way it works for me, unless they are extremely unhygienic and don't present themselves well at all. It is only natural for people to avoid those who look unhealthy because we can't get ill if we wish to survive and we definitely shouldn't mate with someone who looks unhealthy if we want strong children. That's why most people dislike entering extremely crowded places; it's not healthy and it's easier to catch something.

Anyway, what makes me attracted to a person is their personality, goals/wants in life, beliefs, interests and life experiences. If they have the personality I like and all the other things I listed in common with me I will most likely start falling for them and once that happens physical attraction just keeps on increasing for me. Maybe I am just weird, I don't know.

that a gd way to see things (Y) and that explains why sometimes in the streets you see a gorgeous girl with an ugly guy (i'm thinking Ana Beatriz Barros and Her b/f lol) or hadnsome guys with not so pretty girls lol :p

heres my stance on the whole looks/personality thing...me and my girlfriend have discussed this crap all the time and she used to think i was shallow because of it but its not shallow at all...its just how things should be.

alright...she would always say to me, "if you didnt think i was attractive but i had the same personality would you go out with me." and i would always reply, "No. you would be my friend." and she would call me shallow.

heres my stance: someone you are attracted to and like their personality= someone to go out with. someone whose personality you like but you arent attracted to= friend. why would you go out with someone you arent attracted to? if im going out with someone that means we have very similar tastes in things and that i would definately be friends with them if they were the same gender as me (basically, if there was no physical attraction.) a potential friend is someone who has the same tastes and what not as me but im not attracted to them. whats the point in going out with someone if you arent attracted to them? you're just trying to turn a friendship into a relationship, and a relationship needs attraction to survive. if you go out with someone you're not attracted too then you're just bullshitting yourself into thinking you're not shallow and it wont work in the long run.

that being said, attractiveness also has to be be a personal thing in my opinion. i find my girlfriend to be the most beautiful girl i've ever seen, and i bet most guys would say something like ooh god jessica alba is so hot though. my point being that if you find someone attractive but everyone else thinks that person looks like a horse and you dont go out with them, thats being shallow. after my girlfriend finally understood my point and agreed with me she asked me, "would you go out with me if you thought i was attractive and every other guy thought i was ugly?" and i replied "so if i thought you were attractive you're wondering if i would go out with you....yes i would go out with you. you know, there is always gonna be at least one jackass in the world who no matter what will be like OMFG YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS UGLIER THAN SHIT....theres no way id let something like that dictate my love life." or something like that

/rant

:clap: agreed (Y)

however i think i could date someone who's cute but not THAT attractive if there's really a strong feeling between us...

depends whether there's a history of mental retardation in her family or not :whistle:

:laugh: just kiddin . . . depends. if she has a great personality then no probs :idk: i don't care as long as i get on with her and that she's a good, suitable vector for my seed :rofl:

depends whether there's a history of mental retardation in her family or not :whistle:

:laugh: just kiddin . . . depends. if she has a great personality then no probs :idk: i don't care as long as i get on with her and that she's a good, suitable vector for my seed :rofl:

:rofl: