Bellazon

Top 10 Under-rated models

Top 10 Under-rated Models

Every once in awhile, you will come across model with a ton of agencies and a decent book. You will like her but can't understand why she doesn't have a thread or her thread is super small. Well, here is a place to list your top 10 under-rated models.

Here are the rules:

1. NO supermodels

2. NO models with a more than 10 page thread.

3. NO girls in development. IE New Faces/ Really Young models.

4. MUST have more than THREE agencies which aren't in the same city.

5. NO glamour models.

This is a thread to discover models and help each other find more images for other models.

SO VISIT THE MODELS LISTED!!!

1. Lauren Gold- England

2. Flip Driver

3. Gia Johnson-Singh- England

4. Laura Gleason- US

5. Lauren Mellor- South Africa

6. Amira Ahmed- Sweden

7. Armanda Barten- Netherlands

8. Alexandra Collins- Canada

9. Ashiko Westguard- Canada

10. Liza Berggren- Sweden

My Top 9

1 - Jessica Perez (Costa Rica)

2- Clara Alonso (Spain)

3 - Renata Kuerten (Brazil)

4 - Alejandra Alonso (Spain)

5 - Charlbi Dean Kriek (South Africa)

6 - Lisalla Montenegro (Brasil)

7 - Sarah Stephens (Australia)

8 - Rosie Tupper (Australia)

9 - Genevieve Morton (South Africa)

@modelknowledge

What do you mean by "no glamour models"?

no page 3 model or playboy bunny types. its ok if they have done playboy but it can't be their only work. they should actually have modeled clothes and commercial brands.

I really cannot limit this list to only 10 :/

1- Alyssah Ali

2- Sasha Luss

3- Anatasia Krivosheeva

4- Charlbi Dean Kreik

5- Tetyana Piskun

6- Elsa Hosk

7- Irina Sharipova

8- Alice- Kastrup Moller

9- Queeny Van Der Zande

10- Hannah Davis

I know its hard. You can always post twice.

I used to think anyone I liked that had just a few pages was underrated, now I'm not so sure...Like Masha Tyelna (more than 10 pages, but only 3 fans) to me is a great model, but she's just too extreme for most people here whereas she's one of the most popular models on tfs and some of the most popular here only have like 30 pages there. On the other hand, even someone like Oluchi or Veronika Varikova (excuse spelling) even though they have more than 10 pages arent' that popular here, but seems to be really well known in general. Then another thing is most fashion fans seem to have short attention spans. The very nature of 'fashion' is out with the old and in with the new, so having regular work goes a long way. For BZ, American SI and VSFS are usually the best ways to become super popular. With up and coming models, there are some that on their first page have a bunch of people saying 'oh she's so pretty' but if she doesn't have any more work they'll just forget about her, so I'm not sure whether that's underrated or not. Even if Adriana Lima only had 2 editorials and a couple polaroids, she wouldn't have that many pages either. There's also others that I'm surprised aren't more popular because they seem to me to be just as good as some that are really popular, but if there were two of them then I'd probably just be tired of them too. Some others that have over 20 pages could be said by some to be underrated here based on the quality of work they've done (Liya Kebede, Alana Zimmer...ect.) and how respected they are by their peers, but being unappreciated here may not make them underrated in general. On the other hand, being underrated by the actual people in the industry in that they underrate them by not giving them said work I guess is easier to say I guess. Also, the size of a thread can sometimes be deceptive. Some large threads are actually mainly spearheaded by just a few dedicated fans, but the many pages just creates the image that they have a ton of fans. Of course, having somewhat regular work goes a long way in keeping even those few dedicated fans. Some models are just in smaller markets too and someone just like them in a bigger market or a better agency in a big market may do much better. For example, its better to be an American blonde model than a Swedish or Finnish blonde model per average because the American industry is so much more vast.

I guess since its such a subjective field (even moreso than music, acting, sports ect.) that its hard to quantify what underrated is outside of my own tastes. For example, a lot of people didn't like watching Tim Duncan play basketball. They thought he was boring, but because of his tangible, objective production, he couldn't be denied a chance to perform in the NBA. By the laws of fashion Michael Jordan could have been denied a chane to play in the NBA because someone at the top decided on a whim that they didn't like him. In modeling, its so much subject to what the big heads at the top think and they don't even really care what the public wants and concensus is even, so no matter how great of a model you are or how much the public would like you, there are no real foolprood laurels to guarantee anything. I said all that to say, great idea for a thread. I didn't come to write that and started thinking about a list when I first saw the topic, but I'll just have to think harder I guess :) .

1. Lorraine Van Wyk

2. Daniella Van Graas

3. Daniela Cosio

4. Catalina Otalvarro

5. Jennifer Lamiraqui

6. Lisa Ramos

7. Angelique Velez

8. Chanel Celaya

9. Valeria Erokhina

10. Beatrice Fountura

Daniella Van Graas was a very famous model back at the end of the 90's.

She was in almost fashion magazines and i was having a large collection on her but my collection is gone now (lost in a moving)

I don't even know if she is still a Model?

she is under-rated at BZ but she wasn't as a model.

the idea of the thread. is to get other people interested in models they would ave never known existed and to help one another. I constantly see images of other models but I don't think of posting them unless someone asks me to find more images of a model. Underrated toe me means not a super model but gets a lot of work but not enough recognition for it.

She was in almost fashion magazines and i was having a large collection on her but my collection is gone now (lost in a moving)

really I didn't know that, she's very underrated in bellazon, haven't seen a lot of stuff from her.

I only seen her in the aveeno's commercial and in the perfect stranger movie with halle berry.

really I didn't know that, she's very underrated in bellazon, haven't seen a lot of stuff from her.

I only seen her in the aveeno's commercial and in the perfect stranger movie with halle berry.

most people on here have no idea whose big in high fashion.

Since I started this thread, some of the models I have listed have become popular.

My new Underated Models on here:

1. Amira Ahmed

2. Ashika Pratt

3. Noreen Carmody

4. Olivia Garson

5. Lauren Buys

6. Liza Golden

7. Cecile Sinclair

8. Laura Gleason

9. Abby Brothers

10. Marcella Sbraletta

I like Anais too and Lisalla's popularity will probably grow with the VS Pink and Maybelline work :) .

the idea of the thread. is to get other people interested in models they would ave never known existed and to help one another.

Okay, I can work with that better if I probably just say favorites with 10 or less pages rather than underrated I guess because I guess its relative even though no one named so far seems that underrated to me. Big props to you for showing new names in general of course :) . Actually, I could just make two lists with one for the most work for someone with 10 or less pages and one for my favorite with 10 or less pages.

3. Daniela Cosio

8. Chanel Celaya

1- Alyssah Ali

It is great to see other fans of the same people though :blush::hug: .

I like Anais too and Lisalla's popularity will probably grow with the VS Pink and Maybelline work :) .
the idea of the thread. is to get other people interested in models they would ave never known existed and to help one another.

Okay, I can work with that better if I probably just say favorites with 10 or less pages rather than underrated I guess because I guess its relative even though no one named so far seems that underrated to me. Big props to you for showing new names in general of course :) . Actually, I could just make two lists with one for the most work for someone with 10 or less pages and one for my favorite with 10 or less pages.

3. Daniela Cosio

8. Chanel Celaya

1- Alyssah Ali

It is great to see other fans of the same people though :blush::hug: .

Yay another Anais fan :laugh: I don't think Lisalla will have any problems becoming bigger, VS and Maybelline are gonna make her more famous, I love VS but then again I like it when some of the high fashion models stick to mainly high fashion rather than doing more commercial work, hope Anais won't become another VS girl :whistle: Oh and Daniela Cosio is lovely, good choice :wave: