Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

Michael*, et al - do you know anything of Colourmusic? Just heard this song Yes! today and rather liked it. Album has just come out, it's their second, but first to be released internationally. Review cites MGMT and Flaming Lips - but who cares what they say, I'm coming to you...

i blame you for the ridiculous amount of fist-pumping ive been doing today! :pinch:

Michael*, et al - do you know anything of Colourmusic? Just heard this song Yes! today and rather liked it. Album has just come out, it's their second, but first to be released internationally. Review cites MGMT and Flaming Lips - but who cares what they say, I'm coming to you...

I couldn't detect much MGMT in there but bits of it did remind me of The Beta Band and White Denim. Will investigate further forthwith. :laugh:

i blame you for the ridiculous amount of fist-pumping ive been doing today! :pinch:
^Yeah, I'm loving the song anyway - but that video just makes me all kinds of awesome fist-pumping happy!!! :laugh:

The MGMT reference was for the album in general, but I'm with you Michael* - first thing that came to mind was The Beta Band...

Super excited to hear the premiere of Seeker Lover Keeper on radio this weekend :woot:

Made up of Sarah Blasko (incidentally one of my favourite people on the planet), Sally Seltmann and Holly Throsby.. three awesomely amazing singer/songwriters from Australia. They teased this project back in August last year, and only now we finally get to hear some :chicken: :heart:

Gorgeous record is streaming on Triple J until release. One of the best releases of the year so far for me :heart:

Can't wait til they tour in July :chicken: :chicken:

Also, The Panda Band have come out of obscurity with a pretty sweet tune. Looking forward to that album :yes:

^I've heard of him.. he sounds interesting. Might have to chase down some more to get a better read on him <_<

I quite like this song from Austra. There's a smidge of Florence in her voice

Also, new album from The Panics is out in a couple of months. It's been a while! :ddr:

I quite like this song from Austra. There's a smidge of Florence in her voice

Not bad at all. Coincidentally, I've been enjoying this song by Tasseomancy, who (I'm reliably informed) moonlight as backing singers for Austra. :yes:

^Pretty sound! :hehe:

Anyone heard what Kaiser Chiefs are doing with their new album? Basically you can listen to samples of 20 songs they have up online, then choose which 10 you want to buy/download as your album. Then bizarrely, you can design your own cover and sell it on to other fans through the website :blink:

http://www.kaiserchiefs.com

Anyone heard what Kaiser Chiefs are doing with their new album? Basically you can listen to samples of 20 songs they have up online, then choose which 10 you want to buy/download as your album. Then bizarrely, you can design your own cover and sell it on to other fans through the website :blink:

If there's an online option to remove the 'woah's from the Kaiser Chiefs' music, I'm all for it. :laugh:

I'm still a believer in the album format as an artform so this isn't something I'd like to see done across the board, but it's still an interesting little idea. Bands and/or artists are in the unenviable position of having to convince fans to pay for something they can get for free elsewhere, and this could be a way to encourage people to engage with the music a little more.

If there's an online option to remove the 'woah's from the Kaiser Chiefs' music, I'm all for it. :laugh:

:rofl:

Yeah, it's an intriguing project. They'll probably end up doing an official physical release somewhere along the line though. It's interesting to see some of the trends and experiments that have been cropping up amongst the evolution of digital culture. Gotta say that album streaming pre/on release, which seems to be very much in vogue is an awesome thing. With you on the album format though, and I really hope it never dies.

Hey Michael, do you know Boy & Bear? Great Sydney band.. I've seen them live a couple of times, including support for the divine Laura Marling :chicken:

Their new single/video is tops (Y)