Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

^Awesome :heart:

It's interesting how she's forged quite a distinctive image for herself across her videos, album artwork and even live performances - with the same hair/makeup/outfit, and use of rich blacks, reds and golds. I wonder if that's something she's going to sustain, or if it's just the aesthetic for her debut album :unsure:

Could perhaps imagine the flamenco-influenced aesthetic evolving over time, but I get the feeling that the colour scheme will be sustained throughout. I've watched some grainy old YouTube footage of Cheap Hotel (Anna's previous band) and it appears the red and black was a prerequisite even then. :)

^Thanks Michael :heart:

New Björk song can be heard here --> http://disconaivete.com/post/6899643048

Or, if you'd prefer to watch Björk herself driving along to it.. :idk::laugh:

Her new project sounds interesting:

She says the new project is a continuation of her last album 2007's Volta.

"Whereas Volta is more about anthropology this is kind of without humans. Both swimming out like the planets but also swimming into the atoms and in that way aesthetically sympathising with sound and how sound moves and the physics of sound. And how notes in a room behave, how the bounce off walls and between objects and it's more similar to planets and microscopic things work".

Biophillia will again see Bjork push the envelope with the album set to feature as part of a larger multimedia work.

More new Marling! As I understand it, the studio version of this will be the lead track from 'A Creature I Don't Know'. Sounds like a bit of a step away from the traditional folk sound of her previous work but it's no worse off for it. :heart:

And a new tune from the much-missed (by me, anyway) CSS, with a nice little assist from Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie. (Y)

More new Marling! As I understand it, the studio version of this will be the lead track from 'A Creature I Don't Know'. Sounds like a bit of a step away from the traditional folk sound of her previous work but it's no worse off for it. :heart:

Gorgeous. Can't wait for the album :heart: