Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

Here is the video for the B-side to Anna Calvi's debut single, Jezebel, released on 11th October. Beautifully shot by Emma Nathan, the video was recorded and filmed live at the Luminaire venue in London and features Anna Calvi (vocals/ guitar) performing with her band Mally Harpaz (harmonium/ percussion) and Daniel Maiden-Wood (drums). Her intense performance is full of passion and startling beauty.
AnnaCalvi @ YouTube

:heart:

Today's music isn't music it's loud noise.

In that case, I suggest we start a thread entitled 'Complete Silence of 2011' instead. :gocho:

P.S. Donbot, do you get the Jools Holland show on your side of the pond? If so, look out for Anna on the 5th April episode. :drool:

^Right on :laugh:

I hate when people refer to today's music, as if that could ever come close to encapsulating anything at all. It's like saying "today's food tastes bad" :cain:

I've heard tell of the Jools Holland show, but I don't think we get it here :no:

^Mainstream music is a minority of what's being made, in terms of volume and diversity. So you should think about expanding your horizons - look outside of what's happening in the charts, and indeed your own country.

Death Cab For Cutie return with their seventh studio album, Codes and Keys this May.

Now the band have announced a world first event to coincide with the release of the video clip that accompanies the new track 'You Are A Tourist'.

It's set to be directed by award-winning filmmaker Tim Nackashi (TV On The Radio, OK Go, Radiohead) and aims to be "the first-ever live, scripted, single-take music video to be broadcast as it is filmed."