Bellazon

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

scarlettuberlover

That is a rather ridiculous assumption to make. We don't know if Rosie even wants to leave modeling or if this is simply a one time occurance. Michael Bay worked with her not to long ago on the VS Christmas Commercial, he may have simply remembered her and inquired if she was interested. There were confirmations that Miranda Kerr and Bar Rafaeli had gone in to read the script, there was never any confirmation that Rosie did. So I wouldn't discount Rosie going back to modeling, or make the assumption that she's going to do nothing but acting. If she can't act to save her life and remains nothing more then eye candy, (there is more then enough eye candy already floating around Hollywood) and if she doesn't have mass marketable appeal, (the reviews are still mixed for the general population at this time) then chances are she'll end up sticking with modeling with the occasional appearance on the silver screen.

Has rosie even taken up the role yet? rumours say she has already started filiming, but knowing what hawks the paparazzi can be...there would be some photos at least. On E! news yesterday, they said Rosie's camp has not denied or confirmed whether she is taking the role...so i dunno.

& i agree with Lilso...i don't think she will retire from modeling all together, but if this all goes well, she may want to focus more on her acting. It's not suprising really, so many models have been in one movie or another. I just hope she does well (:

I think Pheno makes a good point about there being plenty of eye candy floating around Hollywood and a lot who look as good or better with more experience. So we can't just assume the opportunities will just start flying in. And we also can't take out of perspective that this is all mostly out of convenience. A director who fell out with an actress and rebounded by getting someone he had already worked with on something unrelated before. That being said, I didn't know Bar was considered. I think that would have been a good idea if she speaks English. I think her kind of look would appeal to the male fans (who I assume are the primary series fans) more than either of the two and with her connections would probably make her the next thing in eye candy acting. But either way, everything will be fine for all involved, so, yeah :) ...

I love how no one points out Gisele as an example.

Gisele has been in a couple films (not major roles, I know) and she still gets so much work. Now, Rosie isn't Gisele, she isn't considered the Holy Grail of current models, BUT I think this is a prime example that a model can try their hand at acting and STILL be a full-time model.

Like I stated before in her thread... Rosie was cast cause she's pretty, not because this is going to be her breakthrough role and get her nominated for an Oscar. It's a movie about robots....

i think she would do good in acting department. i could see everybody liking her for her looks, just like jessica alba, megan fox, and other pretty actresses. I really hope she can act, I rather her to become a famous actress for her skills instead off her looks. oh well either way she would end up as a famous actress either by her talent or by her looks.

anyways, some succesful actresses started as models and now they are great actresses like charlize theron, cameron diaz, and maybe rosie end up like them.

oh well i just wish her good luck.

^hmm love it. I personally don't care for the whole transformers thing and although I like Megan, I would not have seen the third one just bc she was in it. now that Rosie is in it, gives me a reason to see it :)

• 1 year later...

OH DEAR GOD. wasted 2 and a half hours of my life- it was deff more action packed and i did enjoy all the fighting scenes- but there is only so much fighting robots you can take ya know? Rosie Huntington did a great job tho- i don't get why people are saying she is a worse actress than Megan Fox - she was much better- she actually did scenes and wasn't just the "eye candy". Yes of course they did use her for some sexy scenes but she had more depth than Megan's role ever had.

PS. I never appreciated how great Rosie's body is :wub: her bum and legs! wowza.