Bellazon

VS vs. SI Ultimate Showdown

Joe > Average

Emanuela

Jessica - I dislike her a lot, but can't deny the fact that she has an amazing body

Emanuela

5 Votes Needed. ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

Divorce!: Robot Officiates Japanese Wedding

post-1004-0-1446093153-41573_thumb.jpg

Apparently a Japanese couple tied the knot over the weekend with a robot presiding over the wedding. That's, uh, that's a terrible idea if I've ever heard one.

The I-Fairy normally spends its time doling out directions in museums and the like, but Satoko Inoue, who is herself an employee of Kokoro, wanted it at her wedding. "I always felt that robots would become more integrated into people's everyday lives," the bride said. "This cute robot is part of my company, I decided that I would love to have it at my ceremony."

Tomohiro Shibato, the groom, is a professor of robotics and has quite a bit to thank the I-Fairy for: "It's true that robots are what caused us to first begin going out, and as suggested by my wife, we decided that we wanted to try this sort of wedding."

Apparently it's all official, too, though maybe that's because the I-Fairy was controlled by a human operator during the wedding.

Official, oschmishal. No robot wedding is legal tender at my bank. Just because the thing was controlled by a human you think it's legit? Well you're wrong. If that was the case people could get married by anything controlled by humans. Including the weather. You think the government doesn't have rain lasers? They've got that shit.

Death on a stick! A shiny, metal stick. God damn it Japan! this isn't cool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8685184.stm