Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

While I love Candice and am no way tired of her, I highly doubt she is a serious contender for the Fantasy Bra this year.

If I had to say who's most likely to get it, I would go with Adriana or Miranda. Adriana because she's the "main" Angel and has been absent for some time and is just in the process of coming back and being used by the company. Miranda because she's also become pretty popular with the general public and has yet to wear the bra.

Alessandra is probably the one who deserves it most, seeing as how she's the only one who has worked for a decade with the company and hasn't worn the bra. However, I don't think she will be the one wearing it. She's always been VS's second choice with anything important (I say that as a fan and as fact, not as an insult to her). The only honor she was ever given was opening the last show, and that was only because there was no one else with any name to do it (and even then, she didn't do that well, and was overshadowed by the Model Search and Heidi's comeback).

Not sure where Doutzen stands in terms of all of this, but I think even she comes before Candice.

Actually, I think if they were going to give the bra to any of the new models/spokespeople/whatever they are, it would probably be Rosie considering her new publicity with her Transformers role. VS does like to present the bra to models who are popular at the moment (like Selita or Marisa).

Candice only stands a chance if VS refuses to give the bra to any of the above models for some reason. Which is unlikely. <_<

:clap:

That is exactly what i think about the whole FB thing this year ... I think this is what a lot of people it's been trying to say for a while :laugh:

If the tables were turned and it was Erin/Chanel who were trying to represent European football Soccer and didn't know a damn thing about it, the flame war would start, and don't pretend it wouldn't with some of you guys.

Erm no... When Gisele was at that press conference with Thierry Henry for Ebel, her ignorance about soccer was quite apparent but I could not care less. She's a model, it's not her job to be a soccer expert.

LMAO Claps for Shey over here too. Basically, it's what we've been saying, but since they said it everyone is going to act like they've never heard it before and they're going to agree. Anyway, who doesn't Heidi overshadow at the show every single year? It's the Heidi show if you haven't noticed and if we're lucky this will probably be the last year we'll have to put up with it. Picking Adriana out of all the other girls is stupid because she's not the only one who has been... I guess you could say... a victim of Heidi. I'm not even going to talk about the whole comeback deal because after the SAS ends it will speak for itself and then everyone can shut up about it.

The SAS will speak for nothing. Might Adriana have big promotions coming up? Of course. But the fact is that the potential promotions will be taking place post-comeback. It's a very simple concept. Someone is here, then they are not, and then at a distinct, singular point that person is back. Might they then get even bigger as time goes on? Sure, but the comeback has already occurred, regardless of how uber-fans try to rationalize it to make themselves look right.

Geez. This is getting almost as silly as the concept of a lead Angel. :laugh:

Perhaps it's an American pride thing.

Problem solved.

European football Soccer

It's just football(they're playing with their foots and a ball right?).

And no, I wouldn't be offended if Erin/Chanel would represent football. They are models after all, not sports representatives. Their job is to look good in their clothes(and Candice/Behati are doing that no?), not answering sport-related questions. I mean come on; Does the quality of the clothes improve if the models know anything about sports?

If anything, you should be more offended by the reporter who was asking about the WC - which has nothing to do with what the models are representing atm.

:bounce:

It's easy:

Helena Christensen -> Laetitia Casta/Chandra North/Yasmeen Ghauri (unofficial) -> Laetitia Casta -> No one -> Alessandra Ambrosio

Stephanie Seymour -> Adriana Lima

Karen Mulder -> Gisele Budchen -> Miranda Kerr

Daniela Pestova -> Karolina Kurkova (unofficial) -> Karolina Kurkova -> Doutzen Kroes

Tyra Banks -> Selita Ebanks -> Emanuela De Paula

No one -> Ines Rivero -> Heidi Klum -> Izabel Goulart -> Marisa Miller -> ?

Heidi has pretty much been promoted to "God" since baby #2

And the lead Angels were Stephanie, then Daniela, then Gisele/Tyra/Heidi and now Heidi rules alone. Who am I kidding? VS has a history of promoting a model for like 3 months, then moving on to the next, and again, and again.

To think the SAS commercial is Adriana's comeback plain and simple is just plain ignorant. If it was Marisa, you'd be arguing the other way.

Anyway....

There is a new campaign for a really great bra coming out in August. It's very similar to the secret embrace, combined with the IPEX. It's totally seamless, and the back on it is gorgeous, it's like they took all the elastic out and it's one piece. They are coming out with two or three different styles, in the back for different outfits and such. I think this is going to be a really big success. Some of the people in the company who have tried it, as well as the models say it's their favorite bra by far and it looks super comfortable! No Angels are involved in the campaign, but most of the "Supermodels" are. I'm guessing their will be a launch in early August/Late July.

*blinks* *blinks* Dear God...and No we are far from agreement, because I would never agree to a statement so mind numbingly ignorant.

We are looking at the word "comeback" not Come Back.

Definition.

- a return to a former position or condition (as of success or prosperity) : recovery, revival <staging his ultimate comeback from self-imposed exile — Howard Mandel>

- a return to a previous state or position, as of success

So it's a major thing a "Comeback" it's not just "coming back to work" two different things. Kind of like the team made a very successful Comeback, or after he had a year long break he made a very huge comeback.

Not he left so he has to come back...two different definitions for two different things.

Or a total different meaning is she had a quick comeback to her sisters statement...so it all does not mean the same thing.

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, it looks like Candice, Erin, Rosie and Chanel are in the new bra campaign, so no Lindsay and no Angels. But like I said, the bra I think might be their next big seller, and I think it will most likely be used as one of the main base bras for the fashion show :)

A comeback usually includes several big iteams all combing meaning a comeback. It's not just coming back. Two totally different things

example. Adriana came back to work recently but she in the process of her comeback.

Come back to work is returning to work a comeback is different.

No Lindsay for the new campaign

*blinks* *blinks* Dear God...and No we are far from agreement, because I would never agree to a statement so mind numbingly ignorant.

We are looking at the word "comeback" not Come Back.

Definition.

- a return to a former position or condition (as of success or prosperity) : recovery, revival <staging his ultimate comeback from self-imposed exile — Howard Mandel>

- a return to a previous state or position, as of success

So it's a major thing a "Comeback" it's not just "coming back to work" two different things. Kind of like the team made a very successful Comeback, or after he had a year long break he made a very huge comeback.

Not he left so he has to come back...two different definitions for two different things.

Or a total different meaning is she had a quick comeback to her sisters statement...so it all does not mean the same thing.

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, it looks like Candice, Erin, Rosie and Chanel are in the new bra campaign, so no Lindsay and no Angels. But like I said, the bra I think might be their next big seller, and I think it will most likely be used as one of the main base bras for the fashion show :)

This pleases me.