Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

But it all seriousness, I don't know what some members want to be discussed here. I'm not saying things don't get awfully petty and silly and over the top here -as I take part in it sometimes- but what are we going to discuss if it's not who we like/dislike, who we think should be and Angel who shouldn't, which ones are good at looking hot in panties and whatnot? As if we're here to save lives. Hop in the boat or stay by the bank.

^I stand by what I said (I can't speak for anyone else). My initial post was a) a response to another member who was quoting an old post of mine, and b) a comment on how the 'Official' thread is often more silly than the 'Totally Spurious' thread. By moving it to the 'Totally Spurious' thread it became redundant, nonsensical in the context of where it is, and misses the point I was making.

The consequent posts were legitimate comments as to why it was moved; my previous post to this was simply a riposte to VSfan88's unnecessary sneer about this thread being "official" - and yet what was more or less relevant in his/her post? Both were about VS and the thread itself...

Some of you pretending like this thread is full of shit but think the posts PC moved to the other thread were appropriate enough to remain here is beyond me. Double standard much?

I still think Pink didn't clean the last four pages enough.

^Well that's the point I was trying to make. This thread does go off at tangents and is often ridiculous, I might not like the content but then I can (and had, until yesterday when I was responding to RafSecret) always not visit/post. HOWEVER, the 'Totally Spurious' thread isn't just a receptacle for what you don't want posted here.

As ever - whenever I do visit - I didn't intend for this to end up in yet another snide exchange with you dreamss.

I am creating one big general Victoria's Secret thread to post in. This way anyone wanting to discuss any Victoria's Secret related news can all keep to one big thread, instead of having to post in all the models topics. Or making new topics constantly. Anything and everything related to Victoria's Secret goes here. Events, Sales, Promotions, Angel Line Up etc. That way any speculation in regards to VS in general can go in this thread and not the Angel threads. So get posting.

What is going on here? I made this thread all of us fans of Victoria's Secret can just come and chat about it in general. The models, launches, speculations etc. The only reason its ''official'' is cause there are heaps of other threads and i wanted this as the main one where members can come and post any news or even speculations in regards to VS that way model threads dont get clogged up and random topics dont get keep getting made.

Stop the arguing.

No I am not trolling.

It only took few hours at the very right beginning of this thread for people to fight. It's certainly not "rocket science" dreamss (and others) but it seems to be serious business for the fans. And most of you fighting (yeah, yeah fighting) over chicks in lingerie. Go figure?

No I am not trolling.

@Talisa She was pretty sexy in Valentines Day, minus that horrendous make up, whoever did the make up should get shot for the atrocity they caused.

@phenobarbie The secret is hot sexy men that aren't as airbrushed as the women!

But we already have Calvin Klein for that job.

Thank you Kiki, Baron and Andy for your sensible responses. I can´t add nothing more to them, BUT:

You've been preaching this same psalm forever now. Can you stop already? Maybe you should go to the Spurious thread any time you have one of your sensible ideas and rants about how all that's written here is ape shit. We're not talking about rocket science here. It's models. How serious do you want it to get?

And by some of you acting like what is being said here is stupid, you're trolling more than the others with your speeches about intelligence. Some of you pretending like this thread is full of shit but think the posts PC moved to the other thread were appropriate enough to remain here is beyond me. Double standard much?

1, I was not preaching. I´m not religious, thus I despise any kind of preaching. I was simply making a point ;)

2, I don´t want (and never wanted) this thread to be serious. If you state such thing, you have understood nothing at all. I would LOVE this thread to be a little bit on the serious side (bringing news on VS, videos, events, etc, - its´ original purpose, mind you) and a huge bit on the lighter funny side, where we can discuss (discuss, not fight about, not bitch about, not insult), once again - DISCUSS - our opinions on VS and everything VS-related.

3, This thread IS full of shit - save the rare posts made by some members that actually are witty and funny - because you mostly just argue with each other over "who is more popular", "Adriana is more popular than X" "Adriana/Alessandra is the REAL angel" "I hate Candice" "Miranda is a fame whore" etc. Do you get it by now? What this thread has become? A mockery. A perfect place for people to express their hate and silly arguments "why is my model better than yours". Hell, I feel like in Adriana Limas´ General Discussion Thread! And when someone (anyone) states something perfectly reasonable OR funny OR both, you either ignore him and continue in your useless and vain arguments or accuse him of being a troll! Do you get the insane picture of it all by now?

I´m over with fighting. I stated what I wanted to - and I cannot change people. And, as Andy said, BZ is still a warm place full of great people when you compare it to some other sites.

P.S. - edit - by "you" I mean "people here".

In things that actually relate to VS ... The girls will be answering probably boring questions tomorrow on Twitter

Victoria's Secret@VictoriasSecret

.@AngelAlessandra will be tweeting #VSSwim live from our Twitter account tomorrow 9 - 9:30AM EST! Use #AskAnAngel in ur Tweet.

.@KarlieKloss will be live-chatting on Twitter tomorrow 3:30 - 4PM EST! Use #AskAnAngel in ur #VSSwim question.

.@AngelCandice will be live-tweeting tomorrow from 7:15 - 7:45PM EST. Send her a #VSSwim Q w/ #AskAnAngel & she might just answer.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Behati is sexy enough for VS?

^Probably not, but you're wrong - because she's the best at everything, and is waaay better than any other model. In fact, she's the only "real" Angel, the others are skinny/not sexy/not connecting with the public/aren't real women/just shit or 'there are too many' or 'were better in the old days' - and I don't even know why (hmmm, I don't know, today let's say) Erin is an Angel as she's got the face of a bulldog chewing a wasp. She makes blind kids cry...

I hope this is one of those 'things that actually relate to VS'? Anyway, that covers it - ciao. post-11221-0-1446080728-65534_thumb.gif

@Baron I replied to you in the Spurious thread, IDK if you read it but yes I remember it was you since I was rolling around crying with the bukkake comment on Bruno during the VSFS, I lost track of that thread since it was updated so often and I didn't have an account.

Dailymail article on the event today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2292283/Candice-Swanepoel-Alessandra-Ambrosio-Karlie-Kloss-make-splash-Victorias-Secret-swimwear.html

One comment that ticked me off on the article: "so what does this company sell again? why does it seem they always advertise their models - or rather, they seem to build their products around their models? does it work? do the vast majority of women, who are not as tall/thin clones as these women, look at this and go "hmm... i'm going to go buy this because i'll look like that"? and i highly doubt that the many men who click on these articles would ever buy this swimwear for themselves, ey"

Seriously I am so annoyed by all these women that bash on the models, it's not like they're there to make anyone feel good, they are there to sell. And Karlie looks glowing

"so what does this company sell again? why does it seem they always advertise their models - or rather, they seem to build their products around their models? does it work? do the vast majority of women, who are not as tall/thin clones as these women, look at this and go "hmm... i'm going to go buy this because i'll look like that"? and i highly doubt that the many men who click on these articles would ever buy this swimwear for themselves, ey"

Quoted for truth

I think that the main purpose of modelling and the whole purpose of fashion world is "beauty sells". Beautiful woman will catch the attention of anyone much faster than anything else. Their job is to make things look good, so people would be eager to buy them in a vain hope and self-deception that they too will look that good (women) or that their girlfriends/spouses will look that good in it (men). Fashion world generally sells dreams, not reality.

VS is trying to make their models more than just coat hangers, because if people would like them, they gonna sell more, logically. It´s the name that makes the money.

They all look good, btw - especially Alessandra :heart:

I think Karlie was looking great today and she's one of those rare models who i can actually listen without wanting to slap her after a couple seconds. Next time though she needs to either get paired with someone taller like Erin because it looks kind of odd that she is so much taller than the other too. Ale looks good too, i like the outfits and the white cover ups are really cute