Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

23 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Although I don't totally dislike the holiday photos but I do think they are underwhelming and kinda "meh" :/  One thing I thought was humorous and lame were the public bathroom shoots (and the noticeable number of shoots taken in the bathroom in general) :ermm::DanniCullen::

131692725_10159230176079090_6224253652602160924_o(1).jpgBE3ABDE1BD830F754322CBE5D6529040.jpg

Maybe VS is trying to tell us something :nicole:

Before: Candice has a tummy ache and is disrobing. After: Alexina had a nice and freeing experience in the toilet

I said something about the shots being taken in a bathroom on Candice's thread! I tihnk it's s so weird, even though it's a pretty bathroom. I REALLY don't undersand VS. 

The new Spring pictures look better than I expected, so that's nice at least. 

12 hours ago, bump said:

I said something about the shots being taken in a bathroom on Candice's thread! I tihnk it's s so weird, even though it's a pretty bathroom. I REALLY don't undersand VS. 

The new Spring pictures look better than I expected, so that's nice at least. 

There were definitely a significant number of bathroom shots this holiday. Not sure did the pandemic limited the spaces & areas they were allowed to shoot at the hotel.

The Spring photos are ok. Just glad they aren't all white backgrounds!

On 12/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, PinkCouture said:

The Spring photos are ok. Just glad they aren't all white backgrounds!

yeah thank God for that. I am so sick of white wall unless it's actually e-comm stuff that is on a website for the purpose of selling the clothes. I can understand that, but I don't understand why VS was producing so many white wall pictures at one point. glad to see they are using backgrounds again. 

On 12/17/2020 at 12:29 PM, PinkCouture said:

Random observation, but I just noticed in this video for the first time that Candice's accent is becoming subtly more Americanized. The way she pronounces certain words like "care" and "somewhere" sounds more American than how she would have pronounced it in her traditional accent. I guess it's just the fact that she's lived here for so many years now. I noticed the same thing with Behati 2 years ago at the 2018 VS show. She did a red carpet interview and sounded almost completely American with her pronunciation.

I don't know why I pointed this out. I guess it's just weird to hear their traditional accents starting to change.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:08 PM, GiseleQueenBee said:

Random observation, but I just noticed in this video for the first time that Candice's accent is becoming subtly more Americanized. The way she pronounces certain words like "care" and "somewhere" sounds more American than how she would have pronounced it in her traditional accent. I guess it's just the fact that she's lived here for so many years now. I noticed the same thing with Behati 2 years ago at the 2018 VS show. She did a red carpet interview and sounded almost completely American with her pronunciation.

I don't know why I pointed this out. I guess it's just weird to hear their traditional accents starting to change.

Now that you mentioned it I noticed it too! :D

Everything is about self care now. I know it's a hot topic since quarantine and everything, and I do love the message and the idea, but I just miss in your face sexy from VS, not a visit to my aunt's house who gives me good advice on life while we sit in our sweatpants and drink wine with some red velvet cake. That's the feel I get with VS anymore. 

7 hours ago, bump said:

Everything is about self care now. I know it's a hot topic since quarantine and everything, and I do love the message and the idea, but I just miss in your face sexy from VS, not a visit to my aunt's house who gives me good advice on life while we sit in our sweatpants and drink wine with some red velvet cake. That's the feel I get with VS anymore. 

Bump, that is a great analogy! 

#VSBringSexyBack

23 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I think for us who are model and fashion fanatics the whole sexy thing makes sense but from a consumerism perspective it might not b/c the trend seems to be less about sexiness and more about comfort & self-care.

Yeah, I agree. And I can understand that because I am way more often wearing comfortable clothing and doing the whole self-care thing than being a sexy bombshell. I'm only ever like that with my boyfriend, and then it's only when I'm really feeling it and so is he. I think normal people do the comfy thing way more often than the sexy thing, so it does make sense from a business standpoint. I just really loved VS when I got in to it around 2012-2013, and that's what I wish it had stayed because i'm a creature of habit and I just like things how I like them lol. Although all the self care love yourself stuff is a really nice message and good to hear, so I don't want to make it look like I hate what VS is doing, I just wish they could have a balance between both. 

I think VS actually already had a great balance between sexy and comfortable, which is why I was a very loyal customer for a long time, a nice Very Sexy bra was comfortable but also sexy, and the Incredible line was the same and I always adored the Dream Angels stuff as well... They always had a great balance IMO. However, as a customer  I developed two issues with VS: the quality went down and the prices went up, which makes absolutely no sense and it was a huge turn-off for me, I still have bras that I bought in 2012 and are in great condition even if I have used them and abused them so I didn't mind paying 40 or 55 USD for them and similar to the underwear, I didn't mind paying a bit more for VS than for H&M because the quality was there, I knew they'd last a long, long time, but around 2016 their quality started to get worse and by 2018 I pretty much felt like the underwear was disposable and the bras were starting to be closer to 70 USD each and the fabrics were not as nice anymore, as a result I stopped buying VS and moved to other brands where I felt there was a better price-quality deal.

As for the marketing, it has been messy for a while, to me it feels like VS has completely lost its identity and I think that's the main issue.

The prices of VS stuff now is insanity. :rofl: I was tempted to buy the FLL collab leggings because the design was one of the first cute things I’ve thought VS put out in a while, and they were going to be over $150 once taxes and shipping were in.

I can buy a pair of Lululemon legging for $50 less, and I’m almost guaranteed the quality would be at least twice as good. It just makes no sense as a consumer, even if you’re looking to splurge. :idk: For the price of VS lingerie now, you might as well go with Savage or Gooseberry(I can’t speak to the quality but it’s much sexier for the same price point). The one advantage VS had was having so many physical locations when you could touch and try things on and it was very accessible for most North Americans. But now half their shit is online exclusive anyway. 

Yeah  same, I'm buying a lot in Hunkemöller because I like their style and their prices and quality actually make sense :idk: I haven't bought anything from VS in more than a year, I think I bought one panty in 2019? And that was it, I haven't even visited the store in a long time which btw, the only VS store in Copenhagen is closing so I guess the business isn't thriving lol

One of the two stores in my hometown closed permanently after the first covid spike, and I think VS took advantage of the mass closure to shutter a lot of their stores. It’ll be interesting to see how they’re positioned once the dust settles more in the fall, and how they’ll direct their marketing. I’m pretty sure the Angel concept is done as soon as the last contracts expire.