Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Damage control

Burkina Faso Our Commitment to Doing Well Where We Do Work

Our Response to child labor allegations in Burkina Faso

We are very concerned about a recent media report alleging that the organic, Flo-Cert Fairtrade-certified cotton from Burkina Faso used in a small portion of our Victoria’s Secret panty styles was grown on farms that use child labor. If this allegation is true, it describes behavior that is contrary to our company’s values and the code of labor and sourcing standards that we require all of our suppliers to meet. These standards expressly prohibit child labor.

Immediately upon learning of this allegation, we began working with key stakeholders internally and externally to fully investigate this matter. Depending on the findings, we are prepared to take swift action to prevent the illegal use of child labor in the fields where we source Fairtrade-certified organic cotton in Burkina Faso.

Our Commitment to improve the lives of women and children of Burkina Faso

In 2007, we established a pilot program to purchase Fairtrade-certified organic cotton from primarily women farmers in Burkina Faso, a landlocked country in West Africa that struggles with endemic poverty. We were committed to this initiative because of its potential to generate life-changing opportunities for some of the world’s poorest women.

Background on the Burkina Faso Program

This program, organized by the National Federation of Cotton Producers of Burkina Faso (UNPCB), was created to innovatively:

Promote women’s financial empowerment by providing them with an independent source of income;

Promote environmentally friendly farming (including rain-fed, pesticide-free) methods; and

Enable more children to attend school.

To meet these goals:

Partners, including UNPCB and Fairtrade, educated the farmers on how to produce organic, rather than conventional, cotton which could be sold at a premium price. The training addressed Fairtrade standards for labor and production, which include the prohibition of child labor.

The UNPCB sought certification from Flo-Cert, the best-in-class Fairtrade certification body.

We have purchased this Fairtrade-certified organic cotton since 2007. The premium prices paid by our company for the certified organic cotton has paid for school books and 32 water wells in poor farming villages, 20 of which are already in operation. Water scarcity is a large problem for this country that borders the Sahara Desert.

Because of the proximity and accessibility to these water wells, girls (who have been traditionally responsible for bringing water for their families) now can attend school rather than spending hours a day fetching water from miles away from their homes.

Partnering for Success

Victoria’s Secret and its parent company, Limited Brands, are committed to improving the lives of women. Purchasing cotton from women-owned cotton cooperatives in Burkina Faso is one of many ways we fulfill this commitment. While we are proud of the progress made and opportunities created because of this pilot program, we also recognize that there is a long way to go and there may be obstacles along the way. We, and others, are still learning and working with experts in Africa and around the world to figure out the best ways to further our goal of improving the lives of women and children in a country where a large portion of the population lives on less than a dollar a day. We’re eager to work with best-in-class partners to continue this journey.

http://www.limitedbrands.com/newsroom/our_...urkinafaso.aspx

Maybe they shoot in Brazil? :mellow:

Behati is becoming more and more Giselesque and I say that as a compliment. VS has a rough diamond in their hand and they use it like she is Zirconium <_<

And -Oh God save me from myself- but I love Candice. She might be a living Barbie doll but I love Barbie dolls.

Behati is becoming more and more Giselesque and I say that as a compliment. VS has a rough diamond in their hand and they use it like she is Zirconium <_<

And -Oh God save me from myself- but I love Candice. She might be a living Barbie doll but I love Barbie dolls.

Lol, absolutely agree with ya Kiki.... once again, hm. You´re apparently stealing my thoughts... my heart wasn´t enough?! :cry:

Lol, absolutely agree with ya Kiki.... once again, hm. You´re apparently stealing my thoughts... my heart wasn´t enough?! :cry:

I am a succubus coming in BZ members (special ones) dreams...

yeah Bora Bora in Brazil :laugh:

They do it all the time with their shoot locations versus the taglines.

2011 Swim:

Volume 1 said "Riviera." It was shot in the Caribbean.

Volume 2 said "St Tropez." It was shot in Mexico.

Volume 3 said "Cote d'Azur." It was shot in Turks & Caicos.

The Valentine's Day cover is okay. It took me a second to recognize that as Lindsay, but it's not a bad cover. It's better than the other two for 2012 so far which feature an awkward facial expression (Lima) and an awkward pose (Swanepoel).

I am a succubus coming in BZ members (special ones) dreams...

Never trust French succubuses!! My mother told me... but you´re irresistible :D

Fantasy Bra on the way?

Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio Pregnant With Second Child

Victoria's Secret supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio is ready to reveal her own secret: She's pregnant again, her rep confirms to Us Weekly.

The baby-to-be will be the second for Ambrosio and California businessman Jamie Mazur, her longtime fiance, who are already parents to daughter Anja, 3. "Family is the most important thing for me and I'm thrilled to be adding to the family," Ambrosio tells Us in an exclusive statement. "I'm fortunate to have a loving and supportive family. It's a blessing that it will soon be growing."

The Brazilian beauty, 30, told Brazilian magazine Istoe Gente that she is four months along -- she surprised her man with the happy news (and a positive pregnancy test!) on his birthday in September -- but does not yet know the gender of their child.

The stunner kept her baby-to-be (and her bump!) under wraps while strutting the catwalk just last month in lingerie for Victoria's Secret annual fashion show.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/n...-child-20112712

Might be cause god knows she "deserves" the bra right. 4 months along, that gives her plenty of time to have the baby, get into the shape and have her "comeback" with the bra. Maybe she'll just retire and spend time with her babies and doing more productive things, who knows. :idk:

Great another year void of VS Ale pics. Yay leaves moar room for Candice and Erin TTTT!

Get@me