Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Ooof that outfit needs a lot of work.
Why why why would they chose that fabric? If anything it should be leather to fit the British theme. Leather and studs would make it much more edgy than whatever that tacky fabric is and buttons. Let's hope they fit it better at least. She really looks like an 80s female wrestler.

I wonder if they will change it up. I think it would better if Adriana opened and Candice closed.

Yeah it would esp since this is queen and king, why make a king go first instead of last

But what could also happen is candice open and adriana goes directly behind her. Like when adriana opened in 2003 and gisele was after her.

But I still hope adriana's closes because she'd get the most spotlight still

Adriana is not going after Candice, she is going after Behati who is wearing the guardian outfit. I think she'll close the segment, or at least that's what I understood and it makes perfect sense.

Then Lima took us even further behind the scenes to her “dressing area” where she proudly pointed us towards a hanger holding a look belonging to Behati Prinsloo. From what we could gather, Behati will be the castle guard to Adriana’s royal highness. After the looks had been settled, we took a trip down memory lane to last year’s epic performance. Adriana’s face lit up when Rihanna’s name was mentioned. “She did such a great job that I think she outperformed all of us when she walked! I love her. I love her music, I love her personality—she is great.”

^I'm taking all these (and others but I quoted too many! :pinch: ) at once as they pertain to the same thing. When I saw the sketch for the 'Pearly King/Queen' I addressed it a few weeks ago HERE: http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/48583-victorias-secret-fashion-show-2013-general-discussion/?p=3271494

Pearly kings clothes are made of 'tacky fabric' and 'buttons' - specifically mother-of-pearl. They were originally market traders, and they elected "kings", titular leaders, from each specific trade (be it fishmongers, butchers, ironmongers, fruit and veg sellers etc) to represent them as an early form of trade-unionism. They would look after each other in hard times and collect money for those who had lost their trading pitches or were ill. They dressed to attract attention, and their wives became the "queens". This gradually morphed into a specific form of charity, one that still exists today in London. They are NOT rich or actual royalty in any sense, the clothing is deliberately showy but cheap, but is now just a signifier of this old-practice and carried on by it's descendants... 

I guess the article is by someone equally ill-informed. If Behati is to "guard" anyone in this segment then it will still be Candice. From what I can see of her outfit it is an homage to the (British) Queen's Life Guard who are tasked with protecting Royal residencies; Candice is wearing the 'Royal Fantasy Bra' and now even has a natty little crown to perch sillily on her head! The Queen and a Pearly King/Queen are not in any way related.

What VS might do with this is anyone's guess - and I have no idea about the segment's order obviously - but you are all barking up the wrong tree if you think this means some sort of grand entrance for Adriana proceeded by her minions! I hope this clear the outfit up?

And Candice still confirmed she was opening the show. The video didn't miraculously disappear because the actual history of the idea for Adriana's outfit was clarified. Adriana's just not a "royal" queen, she's a... trader's queen? Not sure if that warrants a close for the segment, but we'll see.

I still think Candy will open and Dri will close.

:rofl: After I scrolled through Baron's post me too because VS probably doesn't know the true history of it all. She probably pulled Behati's outfit because it was in front of hers in the rack and she would know the order and everything already. I definitely doubt Adriana knew the history (even if it might be wrong) on her own, so they explained Behati's outfit and hers to her. They probably told her Behati is the guard of the Queen. I can see it now... If this was 2005 it would've been a better segment. I can see something similar with the toy soldiers that came out before Karolina, but we know they don't do it like that anymore. And yeah, Candice's crown is a King's crown.

^I'm taking all these (and others but I quoted too many! :pinch: ) at once as they pertain to the same thing. When I saw the sketch for the 'Pearly King/Queen' I addressed it a few weeks ago HERE: http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/48583-victorias-secret-fashion-show-2013-general-discussion/?p=3271494

Pearly kings clothes are made of 'tacky fabric' and 'buttons' - specifically mother-of-pearl. They were originally market traders, and they elected "kings", titular leaders, from each specific trade (be it fishmongers, butchers, ironmongers, fruit and veg sellers etc) to represent them as an early form of trade-unionism. They would look after each other in hard times and collect money for those who had lost their trading pitches or were ill. They dressed to attract attention, and their wives became the "queens". This gradually morphed into a specific form of charity, one that still exists today in London. They are NOT rich or actual royalty in any sense, the clothing is deliberately showy but cheap, but is now just a signifier of this old-practice and carried on by it's descendants... 

I guess the article is by someone equally ill-informed. If Behati is to "guard" anyone in this segment then it will still be Candice. From what I can see of her outfit it is an homage to the (British) Queen's Life Guard who are tasked with protecting Royal residencies; Candice is wearing the 'Royal Fantasy Bra' and now even has a natty little crown to perch sillily on her head! The Queen and a Pearly King/Queen are not in any way related.

What VS might do with this is anyone's guess - and I have no idea about the segment's order obviously - but you are all barking up the wrong tree if you think this means some sort of grand entrance for Adriana proceeded by her minions! I hope this clear the outfit up?

post-44858-0-1446081597-73113_thumb.gif

, we know there is going to be a whack opening and possibly a better ending. Thats all people are going to care about anyway, I doubt when people see these beautiful models walking they are going to be thinking about European history. And how the costumes are applied to History and social status. people Are not going to be thinking about that

Anyways I thought karlie was going to open because she was all on the invite and that runway walk video

post-11221-0-1446081598-38_thumb.gif

, we know there is going to be a whack opening and possibly a better ending. Thats all people are going to care about anyway, I doubt when people see these beautiful models walking they are going to be thinking about European history. And how the costumes are applied to History and social status. people Are not going to be thinking about that

^It probably has more to do with the fact that Adriana said Behati is guarding her. :rofl:

^You can dismiss it all you like, but I wrote about the pearly kings/queens long before I knew who was wearing the outfit (as per my link in the post).

If it makes you feel better you can put it down to my supposed stance on Adriana, but I'm just telling you the actual facts about the outfit to avoid all the confusion...  :huh:

^It probably has more to do with the fact that Adriana said Behati is guarding her. :rofl:

Adriana never said Behati was guarding her. She pointed out her outfit, and the writers of the article made the assumption that because Adriana said queen in her sentence that Behati would be guarding her.

It’s inspired by a London tradition where everyone in the neighborhood helps to make an outfit out of pearls or buttons for the king and the queen.

^that is what Adriana did say, and if you read what Baron wrote it fully fits. I've never heard of the queen accepting articles of clothing in buttons from her subjects, or her "neighborhood" so it is in essence a trader's queen, or something along those lines. Again, I'm not sure that warrants closing a segment, but we'll see.

I'm pretty sure Doutzen will be in Parisian Nights, Snow Angels, and British Invasion, most of the time the Angels appear in the 1st segment, or instead of British Invasion, Birds of Paradise. I want to see her get an amazing Snow Angel outfit, she'd look like a Winter Princess

I'm pretty sure Doutzen will be in Parisian Nights, Snow Angels, and British Invasion, most of the time the Angels appear in the 1st segment, or instead of British Invasion, Birds of Paradise. I want to see her get an amazing Snow Angel outfit, she'd look like a Winter Princess

Hopefully she gets 3 looks, I have the feeling she just gets two... :persuazn:

What segment is Alessandras music outfit ??

can anyone explain to me why black models in the vs show have weaves/wigs and not their natural hair

Same reason why Adriana and candice all do too. Its just apart of it all

can anyone explain to me why black models in the vs show have weaves/wigs and not their natural hair

Um, all models who walk in the VS fashion show wear extensions. Did you not see Karlie last year? And do you not see the loads of hair they haved lined up for all of the models to use?

Yeah but their hair looks like their own hair..They aren't changing their hair. I really would like to see girls with their natural hair. I mean in 2006 they had a bald model..why don't they have black women embracing their real hair..rather than a bunch of relaxed/fake hair