Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

44 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Victoria's Secret ..................... 1.474 ... (1.483 ... 1.465)

FIRST TIME EVER the VS show declined at the second half-hour. Yikes. 

2010: 3.3/3.4

2011: 4.3/4.9

2012: 3.4/3.9

2013: 3.3/3.5

2014: 3.3/3.5

2015: 2.3/2.4

2016: 2.08/2.14

2017: 1.48/1.46 :ninja: 

Ouch. If this isn't a wake up call that VS needs an entire new team to work on the show then I don't know what is. 

In VS defense, ( show was still shit in my eye) no one watches tv anymore specially when they know they can watch it the next day or at their convenience. Every other tv show has low audience too, because people rather watch it on Netflix or iTunes whenever they are free.  

vs would be better moving the show to Netflix or To amazon or something like that.... and hopefully by doing that they can go back to showing the models bodies... 

^ I mean, how many people here just watched the leaked version instead, or just waited til today for it to be uploaded to the VS site? :rofl: 

I still think the promotion for the show was weak af. :ninja: I honestly didn’t see any, and probably wouldn’t have known about the show if I didn’t follow the models. Even my friends who are semi into VS didn’t know it was airing last night. 

31 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

^ I mean, how many people here just watched the leaked version instead, or just waited til today for it to be uploaded to the VS site? :rofl: 

I still think the promotion for the show was weak af. :ninja: I honestly didn’t see any, and probably wouldn’t have known about the show if I didn’t follow the models. Even my friends who are semi into VS didn’t know it was airing last night. 

+ 1:PinkCouture2:

35 minutes ago, star2011 said:

In VS defense, ( show was still shit in my eye) no one watches tv anymore specially when they know they can watch it the next day or at their convenience. Every other tv show has low audience too, because people rather watch it on Netflix or iTunes whenever they are free.  

vs would be better moving the show to Netflix or To amazon or something like that.... and hopefully by doing that they can go back to showing the models bodies... 

+ 1:PinkCouture2:

I like the idea to move the show to Netflix. Hovewer They should work more on the promotion.

I also think Stella is going to leave  early next year. Which would put the angel count at 12? ( but since Bee is preggo& Adri barely works that’s more like 10)

I wonder if they will announce any new angels in the next year? If so then who? Because usually they groom them for awhile and they don’t seem to be doing that to anyone at the moment. 

I don’t think there will be any new Angels until 2019, when I bet they sign Grace. (If my count/assumption about her Pink contract is correct 2018 should be her last show under Pink.) It would be nice if they signed one of the Asian girls but I have no faith in VS to do that. 

No idea if they would sign anyone up along side Grace- the only girl I could really see that they’re currently working with is Robin. She seems to be the most consistent girl doing shoots outside of the Angels. 

2 hours ago, star2011 said:

Events dont work that way. It's still an event, the Oscars still gets 20m+ every year. We really cant base it on the decline of TV Viewing, considering the show did a 2.9 in 2007 when TV Viewing was about three times the size of today. It's all about the interest.

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

I think most of the people who streamed were from outside the US..

Also, VS was probably banking on solely the show being in China to get promo. Didnt happen as they SHOULD have expected

^ I’d disagree with your point about events like the Oscars- that’s a live, and arguably time sensitive thing. (It’s not really fun to watch the Oscars two days later when you already know who won all the awards.) The VSFS is a pretaped show where the majority of the information has already been released (outfits, models, etc) and can be watched at a later point without it really effecting the entertainment value. 

Pink is shooting on location in the Bahamas and Alecia and Grace are both there looking like uber babes. :heart: 

2 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

^ I’d disagree with your point about events like the Oscars- that’s a live, and arguably time sensitive thing. (It’s not really fun to watch the Oscars two days later when you already know who won all the awards.) The VSFS is a pretaped show where the majority of the information has already been released (outfits, models, etc) and can be watched at a later point without it really effecting the entertainment value. 

Pink is shooting on location in the Bahamas and Alecia and Grace are both there looking like uber babes. 

Exactly coundnt have said it better

8 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

VSFS doesnt win the 10pm slot this week like it did last year. The Good Doctor did a 1.7 on ABC on Monday :ninja: 

Really? I mean not surprise about vs but only by the fact that the good doctor is such a bad show! So much potential but such shity acting and story lines. 

5 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Pink is shooting on location in the Bahamas and Alecia and Grace are both there looking like uber babes. :heart: 

Just now, toodarnhot said:

Also, to compare the Oscars to the VSFS is more than a little skewed. :rofl: It’s a such broader demographic interested in the Academy Awards and movie stars than people who care about Harry Styles and models. 

By labelling both as an event, it's saying what they both have in common. They bring their own audience. Ofc VSFS is hyped over artists, models, specific moments, but they dont rely on the general public's viewing patterns to get viewers, since cord-cutting is still uncommon. They arent as affected by the decline of TV viewing as normal shows are. 

^ And I still disagree. :idk:  Events like the Oscars, the Super Bowl, etc aren’t affected by the general viewing patterns because they’re live events, and there’s a big sense of watching it as a community of people. 

Imo, something like the VSFS that doesn’t have that effect, and people are definitely more inclined to wait for a rerun or stream it online than tune in as it airs. 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

^ And I still disagree. :idk:  Events like the Oscars, the Super Bowl, etc aren’t affected by the general viewing patterns because they’re live events, and there’s a big sense of watching it as a community of people. 

Imo, something like the VSFS that doesn’t have that effect, and people are definitely more inclined to wait for a rerun or stream it online than tune in as it airs. 

Agree to disagree :smile: